Niksan Amazing how fast a sub $500 rifle becomes a slightly sub $1,000 rifle

Like buying a new car, options really drive up the price...

Take a $450 Niksan Ozark TS (on sale at ThePelletShop.com) add:
UTG Accushot 4-16x44 Scope
Odb 160s Moderator
700cc Carbon Fiber Cylinder
Micro Regulator and Adapter
CVLife Bipod
ARCA to Picatinny adapter
Barrel Band (current one modified by rat tail file, Jake at jb3dpd.com currently making custom BB).

Granted everything, other than the rifle, was in my spares or retasked. Still going to have to replace the spares...

-- Matt

20240916_071919.jpg

Yea the temptation for add-on's and extras is too real.....and even when we think we're done, we find ourselves seeking further improvements in the slightest of ways, from ammo, to scope, to gun bling, we're cursed!

-Matt
I'm actually pretty good sticking with my initial plan.
Big cost is usually regulate, CF bottle to get up to 4500PSI, and a scope.

I have been known to very much cheap out on scopes.
My usual max distance is about 40 yards so spending hundreds of dollars on a scope seems more than a tad ridiculous.
That said I did catch a deal on Aliexpress for a 5.5-22x56 FFP for a bit over $100.
I have a couple others of decent quality but they came with the rifle.

BTW: I'll just call you "one dash"

-- Matt

• Haha
Reactions: Stubbers
I'm actually pretty good sticking with my initial plan.
Big cost is usually regulate, CF bottle to get up to 4500PSI, and a scope.

I have been known to very much cheap out on scopes.
My usual max distance is about 40 yards so spending hundreds of dollars on a scope seems more than a tad ridiculous.
That said I did catch a deal on Aliexpress for a 5.5-22x56 FFP for a bit over $100.
I have a couple others of decent quality but they came with the rifle.

BTW: I'll just call you "one dash"

-- Matt

Which scope model/brand? Spill the beans!

Roger that, "two dash".

-Matt

Reactions: SpindleB
Great find two dash, for that price you cannot go wrong. Lots of scope for that price.

-Matt
The reticle is a bit difficult with any sort of dark background. It is etched so there is no lighting.
As this is my first FFP I think I'll stick with SFP or my sub $50 Aliexpress scopes.

I bought a 6-24x60 scope for $43 some time back.
Big fan of wide field of view and 60mm objective for that price was too good to pass up.
It arrived and turned out to be a knockoff of the obsolete Leupold Mark IV.
The pictures show no logo or identifying data, but the scope is clearly marked Leupold.
But rather than etched, the bottom logo is just a sticker.
Checked with Leupold and they know about them. Been getting support calls for the same serial # scope...
I still stuck it on a rifle, seems to work well.