• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Analog or Digital gauge?

Do you prefer an analog or digital pressure gauge?

• Total voters
hmmm..I do have a mirror to check the digital gauges while i am at the bench since i did not get them completely upright, but i'd rather get the funny looks then attempt to dial in a pressure with an analog gauge.
I have spent hours on a rifle with an analog manometer to get a specific tune. getting it close. It takes a lot less time with a digital manometer, especially with a rifle with an external regulator adjustment.
I will say that analog vs digital is like a road map ...Analog will give you the street name...a digital will give you the address.
note..this is pending that the gauges are working properly..i have had problems with both types
and my anxiety came from...Is this the right pressure this time?
but to each their own ...
Happy 4th of July
Mike

I had a digital gauge on my Leshiy (first one) and it failed. I put an analog and shot happily ever after. I know exactly how many magazines I can shoot from every gun I have owned before re-filling and have a large, quality fill gauge on my cf bottle to compare to gauges on my guns. Average difference has only been +- a couple bar.

I voted analog but neither can ever be called accurate. In my opinion the technology has yet to be developed to make either of them reliably accurate, but at least you sort of have a reference, whether or not it’s repeatable is another matter. Both are as accurate as a weatherman.

When digital gauges first came on the scene, I was dealing with bad gauges on an Impact. They were a logical choice. I wound up obsessing over the reg gauge. I blamed a lot of accuracy or inconsistency issues on that little digital number not being spot on. Once I figured some things out with certain guns and slugs, I saw that there was way more wiggle room with that reg number without anything suffering. And there’s nothing worse than being in the middle of a tuning session and your gauge dies. That’s why I avoid them on my tank pressure for guns used in the field. So I could live happily ever after with accurate analog gauges. But I would not be happy having to live with nothing but digital gauges. So it’s nice to have choices.

I voted analog but neither can ever be called accurate. In my opinion the technology has yet to be developed to make either of them reliably accurate, but at least you sort of have a reference, whether or not it’s repeatable is another matter. Both are as accurate as a weatherman.
Kinda like Chronographs? Which one is right?

I voted for digital only because I find small analog gauges, especially on the muzzle end of the gun, hard to read. I don't have any digital but I think they would be easier. But I agree about the digital needing a battery. If the choice was between a big enough analog gauge in a good location where it is clearly visible and a digital I would choose an analog.

I also think some people seem to think that a digital gauge is more accurate because it gives you a specific value. I believe it is easier to see a specific value on a digital but the accuracy of the gauge is independent of the gauge type.

Got rid of the evil today (i didn’t really torch it )

IMG_0811.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

Analog for me. I'm more comfortable with a needle on a dial. I find it easier to visualize the air use with a quick glance, not even really reading the numbers. With a digital gauge, I'd have to build that picture in my head.
Edited to add: I also dislike electronics on my guns. If it needs a battery, it doesn't belong on my gun!