Another old guy

Another new old guy,
Hello all, just joined in on the fun !
I've been reading and learning a few things from this forum and thought to join .
I may have some questions sometime and thought you guys have seen it all.
Just retiring and got myself an Impact m3, hope it wasn't a mistake after reading some of the dislike on here. So far it is coming along OK with the many mods.
I used to shoot some benchrest and shotgun sports about 30 years ago, sold most of that stuff and now a PCP to add to a couple of springers.
Now I can shoot on my property along with a few farms and ranches.
Nelson, CA Central Coast

Another new old guy,
I've been reading and learning a few things from this forum and thought to join .
Just retiring and got myself an Impact m3, hope it wasn't a mistake after reading some of the dislike on here. So far it is coming along OK with the many mods.
I used to shoot some benchrest and shotgun sports about 30 years ago, sold most of that stuff and now a PCP to add to a couple of springers.
Nelson, CA Central Coast
Welcome aboard.

Hope you have a great start with the PCP part of airguns. FX is real popular, but not my first choice for new folks. A more durable, less flashy gun usually garantees initial enjoyment. Don't get me wrong, FX is high enjoyment, but high maintainance. You may get trouble free use for a year, or a month. FX is the most adjustable gun, but frequently needs adjusting. Where as some other brands just come out of the box and with minimal adjustment, perform and stay that way. Don't feel nervous about the Impact, but it may be needy of attention from you to keep it at it's best.

Reactions: airgunmike56
Another new old guy,
Nelson, CA Central Coast
I've owned 2 Impacts; one was the original and the second I now own is the M3. I have heard all the negative problems people have had but personally I haven't experienced any. Most problems with the Impact are user error, too much fiddling with them. If you played with the adjustments as much with any other gun trying to max them out on a regular I'm sure they would have issues too. My advice is if its shooting well for you dont fix it :) Welcome to the forum and enjoy being able to shoot on your property.

What all you old guyz doin' over here?
You belong in GTA with the rest of us
Give me a Break! I joined that rag of a web site years back. I forgot my password name I used back then. I tried. &
tryied to get back on as they sent me codes to enter, None worked. I told them to for get it. I like this one much
better. I can not believe you come here trying to recruit our members Over there. JMOOP!

🪰Fly.

From one old guy to another - WELCOME!

I'll second the comment about the FX Impact - just shoot it as received from the factory. My MK2 has been performing well and without any problems for years!

I think that the Impact is a fine beginner's PCP as it's versatile and you can grow with it... just don't mess with the adjustments until you know what you are doing. ;) Mods and tuning are a great way to learn but, initially, just shoot it.

Cheers!

Just an addendum Per the Impact's suitability for new airgunners...

I have a good variety of PCP's (Air Arms, Daystate, Feinwerkbau, FX and Weihrauch). Three of the guys from the deer hunt camp wanted to get an airgun for plinking, practice and maybe a bit of hunting so they came over to try them. After a morning of shooting all three chose the .22 caliber, 600mm barreled Impact. These are powder-burners guys who like to shoot, no interest in tinkering, tuning or getting more airguns. It's been a couple of years now, they bought Carbon Fiber tanks and a compressor to to share. So, shot as received, thousands of pellets and minimal maintenance (clean the barrel after a couple of tins) all is good, no problems.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but what is GTA . I had a 1966 GTO in the 70s....... 🤪
Gateway to Airguns
At one time it was at the top of the forum heap but has fallen onto some hard times.
Still a worthwhile place to visit and learn even if not as active as it once was
And a good complement to AGN
Try it out!

Give me a Break! I joined that rag of a web site years back. I forgot my password name I used back then. I tried. &
tryied to get back on as they sent me codes to enter, None worked. I told them to for get it. I like this one much
better. I can not believe you come here trying to recruit our members Over there. JMOOP!

🪰Fly.
Not trying to get AGN members to bolt and go to GTA
What would be the point of that when one can be a member of both, as I am
And many other folks are as well, I imagine
As I have mentioned a number of times here and on GTA, Micheal has done a great job with this forum
Especially turning around the bad attitudes that at one time prevailed here.
And in some, may still be alive
Thanks for your kind words @Fly

Edward

Thanks for the welcomes,
I enjoy making parts and modifying just about everything that I have gotten my hands on. I knew the M3 is a " tinkerers gun " with the ability of so many adjustments to screw up, so I did not mind trying one of these, although a big expense with all of the support equipment and accesories, it was a retirement present to myself. I would like to have it shooting slugs as well as my .22lr benchrest guns at 50 yards, but not there yet and not sure if I will be able to. Mainly got it for ground squirrels and a bit of bench shooting in the yard.
Nelson

Thanks for the welcomes,
I enjoy making parts and modifying just about everything that I have gotten my hands on. I knew the M3 is a " tinkerers gun " with the ability of so many adjustments to screw up, so I did not mind trying one of these, although a big expense with all of the support equipment and accesories, it was a retirement present to myself. I would like to have it shooting slugs as well as my .22lr benchrest guns at 50 yards, but not there yet and not sure if I will be able to. Mainly got it for ground squirrels and a bit of bench shooting in the yard.
Nelson

1st time I heard FX guns being a tinkerer's gun.
They have all the upgrades and bolt on stuff already.
Looking forward to see what exactly can be added to them, clearly from an outsider looking in.

Thanks for the welcomes,
Nelson
I don't know what cal. you got but my first Impact was .25 knocking shotgun shells around at 130yards with 34gr. JSB king heavy's just over 900fps and my M3 is .22. Longest I have shot it to date is only 70yards, but mostly I shoot 60 yards, 18gr. pellets at 915fps or so with groups .5 or under and get over 200 shots on a 250bar fill. knocking bottle caps off at 60 yards.

05.jpg