FX Any FX DRS .25 / 500 mm Owners Here?

I'm looking at the FX Wildcat compact tube not bottle. 500mm barrel is a great walk and stock gun, free hand, lean on a tree, a fence ETC.
having owned a mk1 wildcat .25 and mk3 .22 compact I can honestly say the drs is better for a woods walker. it is just soooo light and handles like a dream offhand. the wildcats handle well, but the drs is just on another

Last edited:
I was kinda iffy on the 500mm before I got it home, but I'm quite pleased with it. i imagine the 700mm must be a monster.
I almost went for the 600mm, but I am glad I chose the 500mm. With the Tatsu it has the length and looks that I like and in .25, there is plenty enough power for me.

Reactions: coastal drifter
I almost went for the 600mm, but I am glad I chose the 500mm. With the Tatsu it has the length and looks that I like and in .25, there is plenty enough power for me.
That would be my pick as well.
Short, yet still plenty of power.
It would not be the most efficient DRS combination, but it would certainly be a very agile, powerful, and traditional style rifle.

Reactions: coastal drifter
That would be my pick as well.
Short, yet still plenty of power.
It would not be the most efficient DRS combination, but it would certainly be a very agile, powerful, and traditional style rifle.
Agreed. I would like to have the extra air capacity that the 600mm has but life is seldom perfect. I don't mind refilling. I have a paintball tank. It takes less time to air up the gun, than it does to fill a magazine.

Agreed. I would like to have the extra air capacity that the 600mm has but life is seldom perfect. I don't mind refilling. I have a paintball tank. It takes less time to air up the gun, than it does to fill a magazine.
If you're using it for hunting, I would think there are ample shots per fill.