• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Any high end pumpers around?

I love the idea of a several stage system and love and hate my seneca aspen. Stacks .25 at 50 yards, hits hard and pump always feels iffy. Had it for a while and once the warranty fell off, so did the function of the pump. Braved it and Tore it down to fix and it works again only for the sponge wiper to become dislodged and need fixing again. Going into it again soon. I think the idea (at least for me) is to be self contained and easy to work on, even in the field. I can see popping off a pump link and replacing a few o rings but not rebuild a 3 stage pump without some serious tools and time. If you ask me the 362 has the best of both worlds, strong pump arm, ease of repair, moddibility, and simple to repair. And I even own old crosmans and benjamins. If one was ever to build their own self contained air conserving pump, I believe the dragonfly mkII is the way to go given it has a good start platform and great reviews.
Other than a few people building and modding their own pumpers, I'm not sure we will see another rendition of the aspen/freedom like gun at least for a while.
Until than looks like a dragonfly MKII May fill that need for many folks who aren't into modding.

I think a good alternative might just be a compact and lightweight PCP pump. If there were an 18” long 1.5 lb 3 or 4 stage pump out there then any PCP could take on the same role as a MPP.

I’ve read that the Huben pump comes fairly close to this, but I haven’t tried it yet.
I use it, good so far. Easy pumps, efficient, lightweight, and compact. Takes under 300 strokes to pump my Uragan 2 from the reg (190) bar to full. Easier and more efficient than my Air Venturi Mk something.
It's part of what motivated me to think of pumpers: if they can make something this efficient as a separate unit, why not on onboard pump.

I think a good alternative might just be a compact and lightweight PCP pump. If there were an 18” long 1.5 lb 3 or 4 stage pump out there then any PCP could take on the same role as a MPP.

I’ve read that the Huben pump comes fairly close to this, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Just looked that pump up, looks like a nice compact keeper. I've been looking for a compact hand pump. When I looked inside the seneca aspen, the pump tube and pistons are only about 5 inches or so. In addition, the small shoebox compressors have short pistons too. The pump design can be made shorter, but at the cost of increased pumping. I have msp's pcp and co2. I only hand pump, and I hand pump a small tank for range days that actually fits in a small day pack and gets me like 20 plus fills on my 2260 and p-rod.

Reactions: Bandito
Dragonfly was garbage it couldn’t hold poi if its life depended on it. There’s nothing like old Benjamin/Crosman pumpers
I've heard mixed reviews on the mkII from both love and hate especially on QC to include poor magazine function. I love my 362 and wish it came with a solid barrel band and an insert to stiffen the pump pin. Going to turn and mill a rod soon to make it solid. I've built 140's/1400's with steel breeches and longer barrels with hammer type valve and they make nice power upwards of 17ftlbs. Not factory stuff but once you bolt it together, it's solid. That's what I feel the 362 is missing, and that's where I'm going with mine.

Gamo has a 1100fps in .177 (im sure 4.5 grain alloy pellet speed) pumper coming out in October, for under $100. I don't think I will bite at that one.

My favorite pumpers are the Sheridan/ Benjamin/Crosman models built in the 90’s. American made quality (before Crosman had them very long) with Walnut stocks. Easy to work on, lighten the triggers and rebuild. Incredibly solid and accurate. Becoming very popular and $ for these reasons.
I go older then that.
I get iffy after 76..
Mine are 55, 65, and two 71's.

20230714_191452.jpg

I am just coming back to airguns after being away for about 15 years, and I see that PCPs are evolved. Right before I left, I think FX Independence was all the rage. So where are we on pumpers? Anything FX-level quality? You think we'd have a 4-stage underbarrel pumps on some of those guns by now.
I am just coming back to airguns after being away for about 15 years, and I see that PCPs are evolved. Right before I left, I think FX Independence was all the rage. So where are we on pumpers? Anything FX-level quality? You think we'd have a 4-stage underbarrel pumps on some of those guns by now.
If you find a good used Indy or independence you should snap it up.

How are they? Are they as good as the rest of the FX guns?
They are better than other FX guns. I owned it for a long time and sold it due to moving .I’ve never seen them on sale, it’s not easy to buy. I bought mine new for $1k at a closed auction when the gun store was closing.I sold it for 1k to a friend who had been asking me to sell it for a long time.