• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Any high end pumpers around?

I am just coming back to airguns after being away for about 15 years, and I see that PCPs are evolved. Right before I left, I think FX Independence was all the rage. So where are we on pumpers? Anything FX-level quality? You think we'd have a 4-stage underbarrel pumps on some of those guns by now.
we can only hope ! (4 stage underlever pump HMMM?)

I’ve got a Seneca Aspen, but I’m very disappointed with it. Accuracy and power are both good, but it won’t hold zero and clips baffles if I put a suppressor on it. I’m sure it can be fixed, but the build quality just feels very cheap and I just always find I’ve got
a more important project.

If you are looking for high quality in a pumper I would take a look at some of the vintage pumpers.

Check the used gun section of Air Guns Of Arizona, Baker Air Guns, and look on e-bay. A lot of those older guns are all steel and wood. Made the way they should be.

Not to long ago I picked up a very nice Crosman 140 made in the 60s. Very well made and it's a great shooter.

Last edited:
I am just coming back to airguns after being away for about 15 years, and I see that PCPs are evolved. Right before I left, I think FX Independence was all the rage. So where are we on pumpers? Anything FX-level quality? You think we'd have a 4-stage underbarrel pumps on some of those guns by now.

PCP's replaced pumpers. Easier to have an outside air source and a small reservoir onboard. Crosman has the 3622 that has a 2000 psi fill. This is easy to do with a hand pump. Check out youtube, there have been good reviews on the rifle.

I picked one up from Airgun Revisions with the steel breach installed. Pyramid Air has a rifle and hand pump combination available also.

Reactions: Bandito
PCP's replaced pumpers. Easier to have an outside air source and a small reservoir onboard. Crosman has the 3622 that has a 2000 psi fill. This is easy to do with a hand pump. Check out youtube, there have been good reviews on the rifle.

I picked one up from Airgun Revisions with the steel breach installed. Pyramid Air has a rifle and hand pump combination available also.
Airguns of Arizona right now, used Crosmans

Tom Gaylord really favors the Dragonfly. He rates it above the Sheridan.
My friend has the Dragonfly. He really likes it. I’ve sweetened it up for him but personally don’t care for it. It has a good design, but very clanky and poorly made in the cocking leverage department. My favorite pumpers are the Sheridan/ Benjamin/Crosman models built in the 90’s. American made quality (before Crosman had them very long) with Walnut stocks. Easy to work on, lighten the triggers and rebuild. Incredibly solid and accurate. Becoming very popular and $ for these reasons.

Reactions: Treefrog
To me this is the best model Benjamin ever made. 1991. All American. Both in 177 and 22 caliber. Awesome trigger with a simple spring replacement. Really solid and excellent workmanship. The nickel plating is gorgeous. Also made in black. Light weight and accurate. Only made for a couple years In Racine Wisconsin. Benjamin/Sheridan sold the company to Crosman while making this newer model. Crosman soon after moved the company to NY and changed it. Crosman eventually ruined the model by cheapening it year after year. As Crosman does.
4A163D64-3F45-4798-BF48-3DF032609D0F.jpeg

I have some quality PCPs, and I have a portable pump to use in the field. I was just wondering why PCPs have evolved, but pumpers didn't.

To me this is the best model Benjamin ever made. 1991. All American. Both in 177 and 22 caliber. Awesome trigger with a simple spring replacement. Really solid and excellent workmanship. The nickel plating is gorgeous. Also made in black. Light weight and accurate. Only made for a couple years In Racine Wisconsin. Benjamin/Sheridan sold the company to Crosman while making this newer model. Crosman soon after moved the company to NY and changed it. Crosman eventually ruined the model by cheapening it year after year. As Crosman does.View attachment 473963
Beautiful piece. Sad that the best pumpers are 30+ year old designs. Surely with modern materials, valve designs, triggers etc., they can be made at least just as good with additional perks.

Beautiful piece. Sad that the best pumpers are 30+ year old designs. Surely with modern materials, valve designs, triggers etc., they can be made at least just as good with additional perks.
I think it is the bean counters ! they say not enough market and can't charge enough for the product .

I think it would be the hobby craftsman here . I was just looking at my 4 stage pump .it is a one inch tube , about the same size as an air tube on a pcp .
If somehow a shorter stroke works could be possible ? maybe a 2 or 3 stage one ? lots of ideas but i am not a machinist.

I think it would be the hobby craftsman here . I was just looking at my 4 stage pump .it is a one inch tube , about the same size as an air tube on a pcp .
If somehow a shorter stroke works could be possible ? maybe a 2 or 3 stage one ? lots of ideas but i am not a machinist.
I was looking at my Leshiy, the damn thing already swings open for cocking, imagine if there was a pumping lever attached to it, kinda like the single-pump guns.

Reactions: Bandito