Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

The reason I asked if the length is the same is that they appear to want to vent that portion of the valve where the stem slides in, maybe keeping the large portion of the stem from sealing against the bottom of closing valve. Since this was done with a grooved washer in yours and a star washer in mine. Now that they have put the grooves into the closing valve itself, the venting washer may not be needed and they may have added a little bit of length to account for the (now unneeded) washer. This would decrease power if a washer was used with a longer closing valve.

This is just a guess at what I’m looking at with yours.

Dave

That would be rather ideal if it were the case, however strange they wouldn't have a note with the new part stating to omit the washer.

Wonder if the height of the flange has changed, or can even change without design changes. If I make a flanged poppet, I certainly want the height to be able to absorb impacts for the life of the gun without integrity degradation presented, even in the event of unforeseeable circumstances.

I still don't fully understand their approach there if it requires to breathe/leak under the closing valve seat to operate. Why not grooves in the steel stem/seat? I'd rather have the above pictured grooves present in the metal that the plastic valve sits on, not the plastic that is seated on metal with reasonable force.

-Matt

The power is back! ❤️
I removed the washer and it works now.
It's making 89 ft lbs with 51 grain slugs. Thank you so much! Dave, you're a genius!
Without looking back through all the posts, it seems someone mentioned the washer not being in the diagram. I may be wrong about that though. It would be nice if there were a way to confirm whether or not there are different styles of closing valves and what the washer requirements are.

Again, I’m not claiming it is correct now. I would do a tear down after a number of shot for an inspection.

Dave

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Without looking back through all the posts, it seems someone mentioned the washer not being in the diagram. I may be wrong about that though. It would be nice if there were a way to confirm whether or not there are different styles of closing valves and what the washer requirements are.

Again, I’m not claiming it is correct now. I would do a tear down after a number of shot for an inspection.

Dave
My 0.22 GK1 diagram shows no washer in the parts breakdown. Haven't taken mine apart to check.

Reactions: sb327

Dave
I'm in contact with the Huben shop in Spain. I will ask about any changes.

Reactions: sb327
That would be rather ideal if it were the case, however strange they wouldn't have a note with the new part stating to omit the washer.

Wonder if the height of the flange has changed, or can even change without design changes. If I make a flanged poppet, I certainly want the height to be able to absorb impacts for the life of the gun without integrity degradation presented, even in the event of unforeseeable circumstances.

I still don't fully understand their approach there if it requires to breathe/leak under the closing valve seat to operate. Why not grooves in the steel stem/seat? I'd rather have the above pictured grooves present in the metal that the plastic valve sits on, not the plastic that is seated on metal with reasonable force.

-Matt
I’m not sure why that would need to be vented. While closing, plenum pressure drops on the stem and it can be forced closed by the spring. There is also the pressure inside the valve forcing it off the stem (to a degree I suppose, it’s not an oring seal, just a very close fit) due to the differential created by drop in plenum pressure. The vent there would only keep the stem from sticking to the closing valve when the stem reset (due to increase in plenum pressure) and the closing valve was still closed for opening chamber refill.

All just kinda theory in my old brain, lol.

Dave

Reactions: Pale_Rider
I’m not sure why that would need to be vented. While closing, plenum pressure drops on the stem and it can be forced closed by the spring. There is also the pressure inside the valve forcing it off the stem (to a degree I suppose, it’s not an oring seal, just a very close fit) due to the differential created by drop in plenum pressure. The vent there would only keep the stem from sticking to the closing valve when the stem reset (due to increase in plenum pressure) and the closing valve was still closed for opening chamber refill.

All just kinda theory in my old brain, lol.

Dave

I still don't quite understand the reasoning and variations in design with washers/groove placement.

-Matt