Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

Here is my one gk1 issue so far: the rear sight blade assembly is apparently fragile - somehow the tongue popped out of the horizontal windage groove and is no longer retained in the track. No idea when it happened - i guess some minor bump happened at just the right angle to damage it. Anyway - protect that rear sight blade.
I broke mine as well accidentally when i shot the valve out to depressurize it the 1st time-luckily that part is easy to replace

Mine was doing just fine. The striker kept sticking a couple more times draining my air. Did the usual thing to unstick it. Put it back together filled to 350 loaded it up with JSB kings. Pulled the trigger and BOOM dumped the full 350 fill and shattered my 3d ldc. Pulled it apart again reset the striker put to tether again filled to 200 added pellets. Boom same result. Noticed this time I couldn't move the striker. Seems that the V3s have this problem. My .22 v1 no problems to speak of.

• Wow
Reactions: Stubbers
Mine was doing just fine. The striker kept sticking a couple more times draining my air. Did the usual thing to unstick it. Put it back together filled to 350 loaded it up with JSB kings. Pulled the trigger and BOOM dumped the full 350 fill and shattered my 3d ldc. Pulled it apart again reset the striker put to tether again filled to 200 added pellets. Boom same result. Noticed this time I couldn't move the striker. Seems that the V3s have this problem. My .22 v1 no problems to speak of.

Shame when your gun lets loose like that and ruins a perfectly good moderator. These hand canons seem incredibly nuanced, from requiring specific ammo (not too loose, not too tight), to having random malfunctions such as your experience. Hopefully you don't go blowing up more mods, I've heard too many accounts of the gun draining itself rapidly for me to trust them day in and day out 24/7 at their price point.

-Matt

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Shame when your gun lets loose like that and ruins a perfectly good moderator. These hand canons seem incredibly nuanced, from requiring specific ammo (not too loose, not too tight), to having random malfunctions such as your experience. Hopefully you don't go blowing up more mods, I've heard too many accounts of the gun draining itself rapidly for me to trust them day in and day out 24/7 at their price point.

-Matt
Hi Matt
I can always print up more lsds thank goodness. What I could find of the mod lol.!

PXL_20240909_144020659~2.jpg

• Haha
Hi Matt
I can always print up more lsds thank goodness. What I could find of the mod lol.!

10-4. Although not likely fatal, the launching of unexpected bits and pieces from a powerful airgun is never pleasant or welcome, as they will veer off the intended trajectory path of our poa. I'd have minor ptsd after a single event like this and would probably avoid 3d printed designs on a gk1 personally if I owned one.

Complicated valve mechanism designs net complicated points of failure and solutions! Hope you get it back up and running soon.

-Matt

If the closing valve is not closing properly, it can dump air. If the striker sticks open, it will slowly drain the reservoir (which is actually the preferred method to drain, take out spring and fire).

It sounds as though you have a closing valve issue.

Dave
Hi Dave
Closing valve issue huh. I thought maybe some kind of broken return spring of some sort. Any way gotta buy a 7mm Allen key sometime today.

Hi Dave
Closing valve issue huh. I thought maybe some kind of broken return spring of some sort. Any way gotta buy a 7mm Allen key sometime today.
I think it would be a closing valve issue because it’s the one that sets power/dwell. The opening valve blows open, the closing valve shuts the air off (mostly, it has a small bleed), the opening valve resets (via spring), closing valve reopens for next shot.

The closing valve is accessible from the bottom, under (above actually) the power adjuster. There are a couple springs on either side of a plastic valve.

Dave

I think it would be a closing valve issue because it’s the one that sets power/dwell. The opening valve blows open, the closing valve shuts the air off (mostly, it has a small bleed), the opening valve resets (via spring), closing valve reopens for next shot.

The closing valve is accessible from the bottom, under (above actually) the power adjuster. There are a couple springs on either side of a plastic valve.

Dave
Thanks Dave great info I'm head back in an check that out.

Reactions: BABz58 and sb327
Not quite catastrophic but definitely significant. Did it damage the receiver bore?

I still feel that something must have abnormally affected the closing valve. The opening valve can literally be allowed to blow out the back and caught with a rag and only create a single blast and a slow leak down of reservoir. Hmm? Interesting.

Dave

Reactions: steve-l
Not quite catastrophic but definitely significant. Did it damage the receiver bore?

I still feel that something must have abnormally affected the closing valve. The opening valve can literally be allowed to blow out the back and caught with a rag and only create a single blast and a slow leak down of reservoir. Hmm? Interesting.

Dave
It sure looks like it rubbed a groove in the bore dang it! I'm wondering if the pin is part of the valve or what.

• Sad
I’m still curious what the failure was. The last time I looked closely at the opening valve, I didn’t see evidence of a pin in the assembly but it is possible.

I will also be curious if they ‘fix’ the scored bore or replace the receiver. If the sealing areas were not disturbed, it shouldn’t be an issue.

What vendor are you dealing with?

Dave

-Matt
Matt, do you own a GK1? I think if you did, you would realize what an exceptional pistol it is. I'll give you dollars to a donut the above fault is not the gun!