Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

The plastic closing valve (the one that is adjusted for power) is meant to be a “leaking” type valve. It is not meant to have a very good seal, so that it can recharge the firing valve area once the firing valve is reset thus allowing the closing valve to open again for the next shot.

You may want to compare the sealing surface of one that doesn’t reset fast to one that does.

Dave
thank you very much, that was the best tip I got,

since I don't have to disassemble the trigger mechanism, of course it would be great if the problem is related to the valves, because as Gregor Kamenšek has already mentioned several times: The trigger mechanism is very complicated.

i will soon take apart a working one and see if i can find any differences, or replace the valves.

Sash

Reactions: sb327
You may try posting this to the GK1 owners group on Facebook, as there are plenty people there that do this type of rapid fire / quick draw type stuff.
Most air gun users aren't into double tap target shooting, so this problem that you're having isn't occuring with typical airgun usage, even a airgun like the GK1 or the regulated K1 which shooting that fast isn't allowing for the regulator to refresh..
thanks, i thought about that too, but i didn't want to spam the whole internet with a problem :) :)

That’s a good question. I don’t know lol. Kelly might know the answer to that.
Had the exact same problem with mine, and it grew worse over time up to the point that any dry fire would result in a jam and airdump. After inspection it seemed like the striker spring had shortened 3mm, so I replaced it with a new one and that fixed the problem for 2 days, after which it came back. I ended up returning it to my dealer and got a new one that functions fine for now, but I am not at all sure it will stay okay. Feels like it could have something to do with the closing valve bleeding to much air (it is supposed to leak some, but in mine it dumped the air really fast while it should be in the closed position.
Is there anyone who knows how to fix this?

Reactions: BABz58
Had the exact same problem with mine, and it grew worse over time up to the point that any dry fire would result in a jam and airdump. After inspection it seemed like the striker spring had shortened 3mm, so I replaced it with a new one and that fixed the problem for 2 days, after which it came back. I ended up returning it to my dealer and got a new one that functions fine for now, but I am not at all sure it will stay okay. Feels like it could have something to do with the closing valve bleeding to much air (it is supposed to leak some, but in mine it dumped the air really fast while it should be in the closed position.
Is there anyone who knows how to fix this?
Talk to Kelly @ Krazcool

i have found a leak now. it is around the pretty scratched looking (straight from the vendor) closing valve.
i also got a message from the vendor, who said that from 200 guns they sold, 2 have been leaking, they also recommended to watch Gregor K.'s disassembly video to find out more to check or to send it back for them to fix it and i think i will do that, because i think on a new gun no parts should be this scratched and broken out of the box.

can't upload the bubbly clip here, for some reason.

update: while writing, i got a response from the vendor, who will send me a new part with new o-rings for me to try fixing it. if i can't i can send the gun back for repair.
View attachment 455461View attachment 455463
I have not read through this whole thread. Who sold you that gun? Seems very strange

Unfortunately I have the same problem with 2 brand new HUBEN GK1 :(

As soon as I try to fire more than 2 rounds per second, I get a malfunction and the bullets only come out of the barrel at about 2J.
If I shoot under the 2 second limit again, it functions at full power every shot.

No matter how far I turn the power wheel up, whether I shoot at 6J or 60J, it always makes this slow mechanical noise after the first shot and then the malfunction.

It sounds suspiciously like it takes exactly that long for the strange noise to stop before I can fire the next shot without malfunction.

As I have not yet received a reply from HUBEN and have not found a similar problem described anywhere on the internet, I wanted to ask here if anyone has seen anything similar and can perhaps point me in the right direction?

small update:
when I fire 3-6 rounds per second, the projectiles only come out of the barrel at about 2J, but I can shoot fast without any problems! Therefore, and based on another opinion on the question, it is assumed to be an issue with a valve and not the trigger mechanism ;)

Did you read the manual? I know that's sort of an insulting question because of course you read it, but it says very clearly that mechanism is not designed for high-speed rapid fire. It says explicitly not to attempt to shoot the gun that way so I think the source of your problem might be the way you're using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: longdog and BABz58
Did you read the manual? I know that's sort of an insulting question because of course you were read it, but it says very clearly that mechanism is not designed for high-speed rapid fire. It says explicitly not to attempt to shoot the gun that way so I think the source of your problem might be the way you're using it.
What a novel idea.

I have not read through this whole thread. Who sold you that gun? Seems very strange
it was very strange to myself too, but i got a new part with spare o-rings from the vendor (without any discussion). i think they took them from a new gun. meanwhile i have lubed, reset the scratched part's o-ring and tightened it more and since then there's no leak anymore, even with the old scratched part. the gun has held a stable 350bar over a month now.
i had bought it from luchtbuks.com.

I owe a Huben gk1 and I would like to know all the issues and problems the world is having with there guns to have a place were we can solve and be transparent about things that happen to the gk1 I had to take my gk1 apart because of a jam and it caused a air dump the problem was the pellets was to big I was using lead free gto pellets other than that I read in the directions that if you drop it can go off with the safety on to fix that I put 16 instead of 17 in my .25 caliber and line the blank hole with the barrel just in case of a miss fire it would not feel good to get shot my a pell pistol as powerful as the gk1 but all In all great gun love it just want a place for each person experience hacks mod and malfunctions please be helpful and try not to be rude everyone answer is valid thank you

View attachment 427018
When I got my GK-1 it would jam on the upcoming round. Someone on here said to tighten the 2 screws on the back of the pistol to increase trigger tension. I did the tightening and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Anyone have a GK1 that has NOT dumped air? Disappointed, but thankful that it did not Jam this time and I was able to recharge and continue shooting. Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening? New GK1 less than a hundred shots V3 .22 shooting 18.1 around 860. Thanks!
Mine has not dumped air, not jammed. But I only run the suggested Diablo pellets in it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mine has not dumped air, not jammed. But I only run the suggested Diablo pellets in it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

More details please.
I choose to pose my question in this thread because I felt it was the best location to receive a helpfull knowledgeable reply . But you chose to post the most WORTHLESS replay that I have read this year on this site??? SO NOW I AM CALLING YOU OUT for implying that it is my fault for using a non suggested pellet! Which I am good with, IF you CAN back that up! Please share a list of suggested pellets to use in the GK1 to prevent dumped air or jamming!

I choose to pose my question in this thread because I felt it was the best location to receive a helpfull knowledgeable reply . But you chose to post the most WORTHLESS replay that I have read this year on this site??? SO NOW I AM CALLING YOU OUT for implying that it is my fault for using a non suggested pellet! Which I am good with, IF you CAN back that up! Please share a list of suggested pellets to use in the GK1 to prevent dumped air or jamming!
He just did back that up……and I’ll second it

Anyone have a GK1 that has NOT dumped air?
I would be prepared to bet the vast majority of Huben pistols out there have not,
I had two in .25 and never did, only used JSB 34gr or EunJin 43gr in them,
I have a friend that now has 4 Huben pistol and the only one that dumped air for him was the one where he was trying to shoot bullets that where way to tight and heavy,...coincidence ?

Reactions: Wauzoo and BABz58
I would be prepared to bet the vast majority of Huben pistols out there have not,
I had two in .25 and never did, only used JSB 34gr or EunJin 43gr in them,
I have a friend that now has 4 Huben pistol and the only one that dumped air for him was the one where he was trying to shoot bullets that where way to tight and heavy,...coincidence ?
Doesn’t appear that the OP has read through all these responses to see it’s probably user error. Not a common problem with the GK1.

He should read the many threads or watch the videos on the GK1. Pretty easy to see that user error causes 99% of problems with the GK1.

He may be the rare one with a problem gun.
But he seems hell bent on convincing everyone that it’s a bad gun with know problems that most people experience.

Reactions: Wauzoo