• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Any issues or problems with Huben gk1 please share your experience

Doesn’t appear that the OP has read through all these responses to see it’s probably user error. Not a common problem with the GK1.

He should read the many threads or watch the videos on the GK1. Pretty easy to see that user error causes 99% of problems with the GK1.

He may be the rare one with a problem gun.
But he seems hell bent on convincing everyone that it’s a bad gun with know problems that most people experience.
You are incorrect, yes I have read multiple times members throw out user error, and I am not excluding that possibility. I would like very much to know what user error that I might be doing to correct issue. I have read several posts with members having a dumping of air and jamming. I do not know if it is a common problem or not with the GK1?

Instead of D-Bag post and BS, grow up and be helpfull or zip it!

You are incorrect, yes I have read multiple times members throw out user error, and I am not excluding that possibility. I would like very much to know what user error that I might be doing to correct issue. I have read several posts with members having a dumping of air and jamming. I do not know if it is a common problem or not with the GK1?

I was helpful. Told you I used the proper pellets. Gave you the brand and size to buy. I guess that’s not helpful. Time to block you. Nobody needs your attitude.

And guess what else those posts about jamming and air dumps have in them?
The solutions they found. Which are using the right size lead you place in the chamber. They also say to make sure the pellets are properly seated. Make sure to rotate the mag a few times to make sure nothing is going to be a problem.

That’s it. It’s not rocket science.

And guess what else those posts about jamming and air dumps have in them?
The solutions they found. Which are using the right size lead you place in the chamber. They also say to make sure the pellets are properly seated. Make sure to rotate the mag a few times to make sure nothing is going to be a problem.

That’s it. It’s not rocket science.
You are making false assumptions, yes I have read those posts and I have also read good results with the JSB 18.1 jumbo heavy diabolo? And the reason I choose them, it was not because I wanted to have issues with the GK1 lol. I am not familiar with the 18.1 Kings and question how much difference they could be? I also do not rapid fire and follow everything you posted.

I read the manual as I do with all my Airguns, and read many posts and watched many video's. More information from the manufacturer wouold have been helpful, like a list of recommended pellets if that is infact the issue?

You are making false assumptions, yes I have read those posts and I have also read good results with the JSB 18.1 jumbo heavy diabolo? And the reason I choose them, it was not because I wanted to have issues with the GK1 lol. I am not familiar with the 18.1 Kings and question how much difference they could be? I also do not rapid fire and follow everything you posted.

I read the manual as I do with all my Airguns, and read many posts and watched many video's. More information from the manufacturer wouold have been helpful, like a list of recommended pellets if that is infact the issue?
I’d suggest to send it in for warranty repair then

@Str8tshooter

I had the same issues early on. I was seating the pellets because that’s what many online said. What I found was you need to just drop the pellet in and make sure it only goes in far enough the back of skirt is flush with back of magazine.

If seated too far in, recoil forces the projectiles too far toward the barrel and the advancing chamber hangs up the works.

Hth,
Dave

I shot 4 mags back to back to test it out today, and it started double tapping. I noticed the trigger became lighter and even though I was shooting slow it dumped air and jammed. Going to give Kelly a call in the morning.
Kelly wotks in the evenings after 6 his time (missouri). If its not pellet drag/misalignment or double tap due to trigger adjustmemt (one of mine was super light also) then firing down to a low pressure may be the cause. Combination of speed valve setting and low pressure doesnt let valve close fast enough. Kelly will guide you.

With the right setup, I’ve shot Altaros 50gr through mine. Not to say it won’t have issues, but there’s a wide variety of .25 that your GK1 will digest properly with a proper fill, proper slug/pellet snug, proper power settings, etc.

My first experience with my GK1 was a learning process of all of the above to keep it from dumping air.

Once you get it figured out, perhaps your snappy responses will be more pleasant. None of us here get paid to support you. You catch more flies with honey, friend.

At a minimum, being able to take your GK1 apart for maintenance is made easier through troubleshooting like you should be able to perform yourself. I find it comforting to know I’ve taken mine down more than a few times, and can get it running again using the skills I’ve developed.

Good luck brother.

Mark

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I experienced 3 jams/airdumps since I got mine, but ever since I switched to JSB Kings and gently "click" them into place I haven't had a single jam. The right ammo really does wonders. I also used to seat them way too aggressively, to a point where the tip is almost flush with the front of the mag. The more you know ^^

I experienced 3 jams/airdumps since I got mine, but ever since I switched to JSB Kings and gently "click" them into place I haven't had a single jam. The right ammo really does wonders. I also used to seat them way too aggressively, to a point where the tip is almost flush with the front of the mag. The more you know ^^
This is the right attitude IMHO.

Would it be easier if ANY manufacturer tested all easily available pellets and slugs and added to their specifications what tested well and which failed? Sure, but what fun would that be? Even if a specification noted 20 authorized pellets and slugs, none of us would take that advice anyway and we’d try to fit a square slug in there anyway, have it jam, and go digging around to try to fix it.

I think it’s the nature of all of us that makes this sport kinda fun.

Experimenting
Pushing limits
Exploring mods
Etc.

Enjoy the ride!

I will just chime in then if you were getting jams regularly something isn't right. I'm shooting all kinds of random pellets in my .25, thousands of shots, not a single pellet jam.

The only jam i had was caused by an undersized slug that was loose in the chamber. The slugs I cast shoot 100% without jams as well because they are large enough to be held in place in the magazine.

I don't think I added one new thing here so look at this as another data to consider. If you are seating pellets properly and they are not undersized, and it is still jamming, I would send it in. I cannot see how that would possibly happen unless there was some damage or assembly glitch.

I have been shooting CPHP's for the last couple of months , with no problems i have moist one's speed loader , & they just drop right in , the only problem i have had is forgetting to close the loading gate & pellets will fall out , & i also sometimes rapid fire all 19 rounds at a junk car for my target, i have jsb 18's , but have about 8000 cphp's & use them , Kelly set it to shoot 900 fps with them.

Good news to report, using a 5mm x 300mm rod

I inserted the rod into the barrel and lightly tapped and at same time applied a counter clockwise spin and was able to tap the pellet back into the mag.

I have not bonded well with the GK1, I find there is a learning curve on a level that I have not experienced before, and was considering listing it and moving on. But going to give it another go, and keep trying to identify, correct and hopefully learn. I hope I do not have to wrench often, but went ahead and ordered the Wera Allen Set.

Jsb diabolo exact king heavy 18.13

I was not able to locate the king heavy 18.3

I thought I was using a workable pellet- JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy 18.13 and power level @ 860 fps for my .22

My normal routine is shooting for accuracy and no rapid fire, and no downward shooting. I shoot one mag, reload and recharge air, shoot and repeat.

Looking for any advice for improvement or decrease the likelihood of jams. Thanks.

Good news to report, using a 5mm x 300mm rod

I inserted the rod into the barrel and lightly tapped and at same time applied a counter clockwise spin and was able to tap the pellet back into the mag.

I have not bonded well with the GK1, I find there is a learning curve on a level that I have not experienced before, and was considering listing it and moving on. But going to give it another go, and keep trying to identify, correct and hopefully learn. I hope I do not have to wrench often, but went ahead and ordered the Wera Allen Set.

I was not able to locate the king heavy 18.3

I thought I was using a workable pellet- JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy 18.13 and power level @ 860 fps for my .22

My normal routine is shooting for accuracy and no rapid fire, and no downward shooting. I shoot one mag, reload and recharge air, shoot and repeat.

Looking for any advice for improvement or decrease the likelihood of jams. Thanks.
There’s another thread indicating that Huben is making their own .22 called the peanut (poor choice of words 🤷‍♂️). If you want a flawless pellet that can eliminate failure I’d probably start there. Search for “huben peanut”. That said, another member @DMTman is making some nice looking .253/4 slugs I’m gonna give a try.

Reactions: Str8tshooter