FX Any plans for different sized DRS Plenums?

This DRS topic has gone silent. I have ordered a new digital gauge so I can get a more accurate reg preasure reading. I’m guessing I’m in the 130-140 range. I had a Dreamline 13 gram hammer weight I had not used so I thought I would give it a try in the DRS. Wow what a difference. I gained about 50 fps on the 25 and 28 grain pellets. They are now just over 1000 fps which I think is impressive as the hammer weight is the only mod I have made. The bark is louder and I can feel more recoil and I’m sure I’m loosing shot count. Once I get my gauge I’m going to degas and tear it down and polish the regulator as Ernest‘s video. I’ll do a proper tune for efficiency and try a little less hammer spring and reg preasure. The JSB monster Grand and Monster Hades are fantastic from 850 to 1000 fps. in my 600 barrel. Just what I was hoping for when I ordered this DRS.
Hope you keep posting your DRS activities Leatherman, I find them interesting.

I'm waiting for a .22/600mm DRS Classic (shipments to Canada are slow, hope to get it in the next couple of weeks).

Most people are looking at increasing the power, I'm planning on doing the opposite. The DRS Classic is rather light to be a stable long range rifle but it would probably be great as a close range (30ish yards) plinking and squirrel stalking gun.

After break-in I want to try lighter pellets (13-14g) and detune to 12-15 fpe. Do you think that will work? Figure that I can trade some fpe for an increased shot count and a quieter (moderators are illegal here) airgun.

On a side bar, I emailed SaberTactical asking if they planned offering a medium sized plenum and never heard back from them.

Cheers!

Reactions: Impact701
Not sure how the lighter pellets will shoot at 12-15 fpe, but I've shot the 500mm FX barrel liner on my Notos at ~20fpe with the 14.3gr CPUM pellets and it shot great at 20-30yrds.
I'm headed the other direction - - more fpe. I've ordered a 22/600 superior heavy liner and some slugs. Also CAD'd and printed up some slug mags that'll handle up to 12.7mm/0.5" slugs. I got the 25cal liner, barrel inlet, jam nut and slug power kit as well last week to play with. Wanna see what gets me the best 100yrd performance. This rifle has been fun to shoot. So smooth.

Screenshot_20240823-173747_Gallery.jpg

20240818_124341.jpg

Hope you keep posting your DRS activities Leatherman, I find them interesting.

I'm waiting for a .22/600mm DRS Classic (shipments to Canada are slow, hope to get it in the next couple of weeks).

Most people are looking at increasing the power, I'm planning on doing the opposite. The DRS Classic is rather light to be a stable long range rifle but it would probably be great as a close range (30ish yards) plinking and squirrel stalking gun.

After break-in I want to try lighter pellets (13-14g) and detune to 12-15 fpe. Do you think that will work? Figure that I can trade some fpe for an increased shot count and a quieter (moderators are illegal here) airgun.

On a side bar, I emailed SaberTactical asking if they planned offering a medium sized plenum and never heard back from them.

Cheers!
I like what you’re doing too. I have thought of doing a sub 12 version in either .22 or .177 to use as a plinking / practice offhand shooter. I shoot schutzen and stalking rifle shoots which I have to reload my ammo which is time consuming and expensive. Just looking to get something to set up with open sights ( not peep sights) . There are many Airguns out there that I could use but I’m liking this DRS. If setting one up in sub 12 I would make a thin blanking plate to eliminate the dummy plentum sticking out at the bottom. Then make a walnut stock without the hole.

Reactions: Vana2
I like what you’re doing too. I have thought of doing a sub 12 version in either .22 or .177 to use as a plinking / practice offhand shooter. I shoot schutzen and stalking rifle shoots which I have to reload my ammo which is time consuming and expensive. Just looking to get something to set up with open sights ( not peep sights) . There are many Airguns out there that I could use but I’m liking this DRS. If setting one up in sub 12 I would make a thin blanking plate to eliminate the dummy plentum sticking out at the bottom. Then make a walnut stock without the hole.
I'd like to see your sub 12 if you make one.

A Slavia 618 was my first "real" gun but it learned to hunt with a .22 caliber Crosman 101 with peep sights. I still has a strong preference for .22 and peeps. I've always thought of .177 as a springer caliber.

I was going to leave the standard plenum in place as additional volume for air storage. Don't think it would negativity affect performance.

I have two curly maple stock blanks. One is planed as a sport stock for my FWB 300, the other likely for the DRS.

Cheers!

Reactions: coastal drifter
Do you know the sub 12 DRS plentum is a solid piece of aluminum. No air chamber at all. I don’t know if you can tune it sub 12 with the standard plentum. That is why I would make a blanking plate to eliminate the plentum all together and the make the stock solid . Or make a floor plate and inlet it flush. Then if you wanted , you could put the standard plentum back in to tune for whatever Whenever.

I think everyone with a classic DRS is thinking about a mama bear sized plenum! 😂
My thoughts are I'd want mine to have a 25mm digital gauge inset in the base and have about 20cc capacity. So...
Easy enough to throw one into Solidworks and print it for a trial fit (non-pressurized duh!).
Original plenum is 29.5mm tall and 11cc. The SHP is 100mm tall and 63cc. The TSP is 50mm tall and ~21cc.
Pics help show the idea and scale. Just wish I had a CNC mill next to the 3D printer.

View attachment 485980

View attachment 485981

View attachment 485983

View attachment 485984

View attachment 485985

View attachment 485986
great idea hopefully they make them

Do you know the sub 12 DRS plentum is a solid piece of aluminum. No air chamber at all. I don’t know if you can tune it sub 12 with the standard plentum. That is why I would make a blanking plate to eliminate the plentum all together and the make the stock solid . Or make a floor plate and inlet it flush. Then if you wanted , you could put the standard plentum back in to tune for whatever Whenever.
Thanks for mentioning it. Yes, I was aware that the DRS has a plenum machined out of bar stock though it's only in this thread that I've seen pictures.

I have a decent machine shop (lathe mill and such stuff) so making a blanking plate or a custom plentum is doable.

I'll see what I can accomplish with tuning first and will make parts if required. I'd like to trade some fpe for an increased shot count and maybe a quieter rifle but I'm not overly concerned about it.

Cheers!

Reactions: coastal drifter