FX Any plans for different sized DRS Plenums?

I did run a shot string with the standard 11cc plenum before I swapped to the SHP plenum. Same pellets, same settings, just changed the plenum to the SHP with the 2 dowels, average FPS was 791. So, it gave it an increase of 109 FPS.
There you go. So we can say a plentum of around 30cc will give approximately 100 more fps on a 110bar plentum setting And a 600mm barrel. I would definitely buy one To shoot heavy pellets. Right now I’m at 140bar and the 28 grn Monster Grands shooting great at 840 fps but I would like to get them up over 900 and still get two mags per fill . I want this for Ground hogs out to 50 yards. I m happy with it now shooting 16 grain Hades at 1030 fps and 16 grn Polymags at 1020Fps. Both shoot less than 1/2” groups at 40 yards. That will be my squirrel load.

I think everyone with a classic DRS is thinking about a mama bear sized plenum! 😂
My thoughts are I'd want mine to have a 25mm digital gauge inset in the base and have about 20cc capacity. So...
Easy enough to throw one into Solidworks and print it for a trial fit (non-pressurized duh!).
Original plenum is 29.5mm tall and 11cc. The SHP is 100mm tall and 63cc. The TSP is 50mm tall and ~21cc.
Pics help show the idea and scale. Just wish I had a CNC mill next to the 3D printer.

image002.png

image001 (4).png

Screenshot_20240805-182239_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240805-182345_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240805-182414_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240805-182403_Gallery.jpg

This is what the DRS needs to be updated to. Hell it should have been designed like this to start with. I swear FX has engineers and designers that aren’t shooters less hunters and dont have the capability to think like us end users. Not an uncommon problem in lots of companies who grow fast and hire engineers and designers out of college. That’s where a good product manager comes into the designing of products but in my past experience a lot of factors can cause a product to go to market that could have been better but isn’t. After market companies usually help in creating accessories and replacement parts and most companies are happy to let aftermarket make those custom items. Tango Sierra I have sent you a PM.

I think everyone with a classic DRS is thinking about a mama bear sized plenum! 😂
My thoughts are I'd want mine to have a 25mm digital gauge inset in the base and have about 20cc capacity. So...
Easy enough to throw one into Solidworks and print it for a trial fit (non-pressurized duh!).
Original plenum is 29.5mm tall and 11cc. The SHP is 100mm tall and 63cc. The TSP is 50mm tall and ~21cc.
Pics help show the idea and scale. Just wish I had a CNC mill next to the 3D printer.

View attachment 485980

View attachment 485981

View attachment 485983

View attachment 485984

View attachment 485985

View attachment 485986
I think I may be the only person that likes the SHP but your 'mama bear' is impressive. The recessed gauge is a great idea. If you ever make these, I double dog dare you to make the gauge threading M8 :)

I installed the slug power kit in my 22 700, I gained 15 fps with the slug probe only. The only thing the tungsten hammer weight did was allow me to back off hammer spring tension so the rifle is easier to cock. I did not gain any velocity from the extra weight. View attachment 473812
Where did you get the DRS slug power kit from? Utah Air doesn't have them yet. It's part number FX21056, correct? I've seen them listed in Europe, just not the states yet.

Where did you get the DRS slug power kit from? Utah Air doesn't have them yet. It's part number FX21056, correct? I've seen them listed in Europe, just not the states yet.
Europe Airguns.

If I remember correctly it cost me 60 or 65 bucks with shipping and took 14 or 16 days to receive it.

Reactions: Justaguy
Europe Airguns.

If I remember correctly it cost me 60 or 65 bucks with shipping and took 14 or 16 days to receive it.

Thanks. I checked with Europe airguns and they have the DRS slug kit in stock. Was $66.07 total with shipping to KC. I plan to use the kit not so much for slugs atleast not right away, but for the pellet probe caliber interchangeability. I'm working on a 25cal barrel liner swap. Other part I'm looking for is the 25 cal barrel inlet.
1723129003802.png

Reactions: Impact701
Thanks. I checked with Europe airguns and they have the DRS slug kit in stock. Was $66.07 total with shipping to KC. I plan to use the kit not so much for slugs atleast not right away, but for the pellet probe caliber interchangeability. I'm working on a 25cal barrel liner swap. Other part I'm looking for is the 25 cal barrel inlet.
View attachment 486756

Olá a todos. Troquei o plenum no meu FX DRS, mas agora estou com problemas para encher o tanque com o compressor, não entra ar e não consigo encontrar nenhum vazamento. O que pode estar acontecendo? Obrigado
Translation: Hello everyone. I changed the plenum on my FX DRS, but now I'm having trouble filling the tank with the compressor, no air gets in and I can't find any leaks. What could be happening? Thanks

How did you degas the DRS before the install of the plenum? If you used the small brass plug in the center bottom on the front of the block, be sure you thightened it back. If you bleed the air by loosening the gauge, be sure it is tightened. Last check to ensure the thin o-ring that seals the plenum is in place and not damaged. It's very thin and is placed in an oval groove. If this popped out of it's groove, is missing, or damaged, it will leak.

Como você desgasificou o DRS antes da instalação do plenum? Se você usou o pequeno plugue de latão na parte inferior central na frente do bloco, certifique-se de apertá-lo novamente. Se você sangrar o ar afrouxando o medidor, certifique-se de que ele esteja apertado. Última verificação para garantir que o anel de vedação fino que veda o plenum esteja no lugar e não danificado. Ele é muito fino e é colocado em uma ranhura oval. Se ele sair da ranhura, estiver faltando ou danificado, haverá vazamento.

Reactions: Impact701
Tradução: Olá a todos. Troquei o plenum no meu FX DRS, mas agora estou com problemas para encher o tanque com o compressor, não entra ar e não consigo encontrar nenhum vazamento. O que pode estar acontecendo? Obrigado

Como você desgasificou o DRS antes da instalação do plenum? Se você usou o pequeno plugue de latão na parte inferior central na frente do bloco, certifique-se de apertá-lo novamente. Se você sangrar o ar afrouxando o medidor, certifique-se de que ele esteja apertado. Última verificação para garantir que o anel de vedação fino que veda o plenum esteja no lugar e não danificado. Ele é muito fino e é colocado em uma ranhura oval. Se ele sair da ranhura, estiver faltando ou danificado, haverá vazamento.

Como você desgasificou o DRS antes da instalação do plenum? Se você usou o pequeno plugue de latão na parte inferior central na frente do bloco, comprove-se de abri-lo novamente. Se você sangrar ou ar afrouxando o medidor, certifique-se de que ele está apertado. A última verificação para garantir que o anel de colocação fino que veda ou plenum esteja no lugar e não esteja danificado. Ele é muito fino e é colocado em um oval úmido. Se ele sair da umidade, estiver faltando ou danificado, haverá vazamento.
Está tudo em ordem. Pode ser que o compressor não tenha um impulso de partida para parar o ar?

Yes, the compressor may not be enough to seal the valve. Do you have an air tank you can use to start the fill process? Also, be sure it is cocked when you try to fill it from empty.

Sim, o compressor pode não ser suficiente para vedar a válvula. Você tem um tanque de ar que pode usar para iniciar o processo de enchimento? Além disso, certifique-se de que ele esteja armado quando tentar enchê-lo do vazio.

Sim, o compressor pode não ser suficiente para vedar a válvula. Você tem um tanque de ar que pode usar para iniciar o processo de enchimento? Além disso, certifique-se de que ele esteja armado quando tentar enchê-lo do vazio.

Sim, o compressor pode não ser suficiente para fechar a válvula. Você tem um tanque de ar que pode usar para iniciar o processo de enchimento? Além disso, demonstrou-se que ele está armado quando tenta enchê-lo do vazio.
Obrigado. Provavelmente esse é o problema. Não tenho nenhuma garrafa, então comprarei uma. Obrigado novamente pela ajuda.

Yes, the compressor may not be enough to seal the valve. Do you have an air tank you can use to start the fill process? Also, be sure it is cocked when you try to fill it from empty.

armed or unarmed?

Your could also get one of these Quick Fill valves:

If you have a large air/water filter on your compressor, you can allow the compressor to fill to 250 BAR and then release the air witht he Quick fill and it should have enough of a blast to seat the valve.

Você também pode obter uma destas válvulas de enchimento rápido:

1723161595920.png

Se você tiver um filtro de ar/água grande em seu compressor, você pode permitir que o compressor encha até 250 BAR e então liberar o ar com o enchimento rápido e deve ter jato suficiente para assentar a válvula.

Reactions: kardosuh