FX Any plans for different sized DRS Plenums?

Olá, consegui encher o tanque, agora só me resta rezar para não estar perdendo ar. Vi sua foto, realmente me chamou a atenção, meu compressor é um BSA e notei que às vezes há uma humildade na sonda de enchimento. Obrigado pelas dicas, muito úteis.
You are welcome, glad I was able to help and congratulations on getting it aired up again! Enjoy!

Reactions: kardosuh
De nada, fico feliz em poder ajudar e parabéns por ter colocado no ar novamente! Aproveite!

PXL_20240809_175948162.jpg

Reactions: Impact701
Eu também tenho o kit de energia de slug, mas o martelo de tungstênio é muito pesado. 5 tiros e eu o tenho e consigo 170bar. Estou voltando para a configuração inicial, mas com plenum
I tried the Tungsten hammer also and found it to be too heavy. I found some brass hammers on eBay and they work pretty well. I'm using the 13.5g hammer in mine.

Brass Hammer Weights.jpeg

I also found the Plenum to be too large. I placed a couple wood dowels in two of the holes inside the plenum and that reduced the volume enough to give good power without it using a lot of air.

IMG_4588.jpg

Here is a picture of mine as I have it set up.

IMG_4554.jpg

Eu já tinha pensado em algo parecido. Minha ideia era tentar o plenum de estoque e aplicar o martelo de tungstênio que eu tenho. Mas como sou muito amador no mundo do PCP, não sei se seria uma boa ideia.
One of the Brass Hammers would probably help with the standard plenum, I think the Tungsten Hammer is just too heavy on this air rifle. What's nice about the wood dowels, I can remove one and increase volume more, or remove both for full power. With both dowels installed and a regulator pressure of 100 BAR it's shooting 21.9 grain pellets at around 950 FPS. Mine is .22 caliber.

Reactions: Airgunmann
I had that problem also, the vendor I purchased mine from sent me a new regulator. It's much better now. What is your regulator set at? Mine was set to 140 BAR from the factory, after I replaced it, I set it to 110 BAR and it's much better. It may have been the regulator, but it may have been the higher setting as well. If your regulator is set really high, try reducing the regulator pressure and see if that helps. With that large plenum, you don't need as much regulator pressure.

Reactions: kardosuh
Eu também tive esse problema, o fornecedor de quem comprei o meu me enviou um novo regulador. Está muito melhor agora. Qual é a configuração do seu regulador? O meu foi ajustado para 140 BAR de fábrica, depois que o substituí, ajustei para 110 BAR e está muito melhor. Pode ter sido o regulador, mas também pode ter sido a configuração mais alta. Se o seu regulador estiver ajustado muito alto, tente reduzir a pressão do regulador e veja se isso ajuda. Com esse plenum grande, você não precisa de tanta pressão do regulado

I wonder if it would be possible to mill off the top of the large plentum down to a point where it would have 30 cc + - volume. Then cut the four bolts the same length taken off the plentum. I ordered the large plenum and will evaluate if this could be an option.
There are some internal ports between the cylinders, so it would probably depend on whether or not the milling would interfere with the porting.

IMG_4587.jpgIMG_4586.jpg

i got my HP plentum today. Pulled the plugs and there is some angled milling in the two top plugged holes to open more material between the vertical holes. Just no way to mill anything off the top of the plentum. I took my standard plentum off and the way it is designed there is very little material that could have been milled since it is so short. Just need a middle sized plentum . I measured the volume of the two plentums using water and a syringe marked in centimeters. I got only 6 centimeters of water from the standard plentum and 51 centimeters out of the large HP plentum. FX says they are 11 and 67cc , I’m sure there is some volume in the block as well but the figures still don’t jive. I cut two 5/8” wood dowels 2 1/2” long. My syringe had a 5/8” diameter and at 2 1/2” gave 24 centimeters or about half of the volume of the HP plentum. Got dark on me so I will shoot the rifle tomorrow and see what this does at 140 ish plentum preasure.

IMG_7292.jpeg

IMG_7293.jpeg

Ok as above I put two 5/8” x 2 1/2” wood plugs in the large HP plentum. I didn’t do anything else . I found that I got 50 to 55 fps more on average . What I did find was before the JSB 15 gr Hades at 1020 fps were the best grouping pellets but now at 1070 fps they were the worst. Originally I wanted to shoot heavy pellets or light slugs out of this DRS in the 900+ range but the small plentum at 130-140ish BAR ( lousy FX gauge you can’t tell) they didn’t group well and needed to be speeded up. Now with the added 50 fps they are showing promiss . Matter of fact the JSB 28.5 monster Grand at 850 fps is out performing any PCP I have owned and the Hades 25 grn Monsters at 960 fps are shooting as good as the lighter ones did. FX Hybrids are at around 930 fps and shooting 1/2” at 40 yards. Greatest thing is I am getting exactly 3 full mags (36 shots) on a charge. I also feel the gun is quieter. the longer plentum really makes the gun look like a high power PB. It actually comes in handy as a palm rest for off hand shooting . But I still would prefer a shorter mid sized plentum. Now I need to address the regulator. I saw the video on polishing the parts to reduce the dreaded creeping. If I can do that and get the trigger first stage to not stick and replace the lousy gauge, I won’t want for more. Except maybe another one in .177 500mm !

This DRS topic has gone silent. I have ordered a new digital gauge so I can get a more accurate reg preasure reading. I’m guessing I’m in the 130-140 range. I had a Dreamline 13 gram hammer weight I had not used so I thought I would give it a try in the DRS. Wow what a difference. I gained about 50 fps on the 25 and 28 grain pellets. They are now just over 1000 fps which I think is impressive as the hammer weight is the only mod I have made. The bark is louder and I can feel more recoil and I’m sure I’m loosing shot count. Once I get my gauge I’m going to degas and tear it down and polish the regulator as Ernest‘s video. I’ll do a proper tune for efficiency and try a little less hammer spring and reg preasure. The JSB monster Grand and Monster Hades are fantastic from 850 to 1000 fps. in my 600 barrel. Just what I was hoping for when I ordered this DRS.