Any QD option that hold zero?

The question is pretty straightforward, its there any QD detach system for picatinny that will hold zero if swapped for other option and reattached?

I have an GK1 that I want do "double" as a small cartbide. In pistol mode the red dot is perfect, but for more then 30-40yds the red dot without magnification is not really the best option for acuraccy and I would love to be able to change for a really small scope with some magnification.

Is this feasable without having to readjust my zero everytime there is a swap?

The question is pretty straightforward, its there any QD detach system for picatinny that will hold zero if swapped for other option and reattached?

I have an GK1 that I want do "double" as a small cartbide. In pistol mode the red dot is perfect, but for more then 30-40yds the red dot without magnification is not really the best option for acuraccy and I would love to be able to change for a really small scope with some magnification.

Is this feasable without having to readjust my zero everytime there is a swap?
You're going to use on a GK1...those QD mounts are typically pretty heavy. At last the good ones are heavy. I have an ADM which is nice but it weighs 8.2 oz. Just sayin'........

If you went with a mount with a "standard" clamp screw attached system that uses a hex or torx bit machine screw you'd have a lot more options and weight savings. Just about any mount that has a solid one piece machined groove side and a clamp side with machine screws will be within an MOA upon reattaching, so long as it in the same spot and using the same torque to reattach the screws.

Reactions: PumaCarl
When I used to only have 1 scope for my 2 guns at that time I bought a qd ring set (not a one piece mount) that was surprisingly easy & precise (within a mildot or half) when switching from gun to gun. Got em off Amazon (Mizugawa, or something like that). Always surprised me how well it worked. Think I might still have them if you want to try em.

Like others have said, they are several QD mounts out there but they're super expensive. I'm not sure what your budget is. I never tried the more affordable QD mounts so I can't give my opinion on them. I have several LaRue Tactical QD mounts that have served me well. They've doubled in price over the years though. You could get away with regular two piece scope mounts (Non-QD) as long as you mount them back in the same position pushing it forward and have it torqued at the same inch/pounds every time. Another suggestion is to get an LPVO (1-4X, 1-6X, 1-8X, 1-10X) so you don't have to swap them out.

If you are not running a large/heavy scope you most likely won't feel the extra weight from using a proper high quality mount. American defense manufacturing, zro delta, larue, spuhr, and scalarworks are a few of the higher end mount. Scalarworks is probably the lightest.

You can run a burris as well just never tried that brand qd. I've ran all the brands above and the only thing I didn't consider was when moving from gun to gun I ran into some rails not being the exact same size so I'd have to adjust the tension on to get it onto the other rail.

If you are running a quality set of rings you should get close if you torque to previous specs when remounting.

Also mil spec won't go on weaver but weaver will go on mil spec rails. So if you bought an expensive mount and tried attaching to the weaver the mounting lug might not fit into the slot.

Just a few things to consider.