AEA Any still play with the HP models?

I have had my .22 HP Plus for a few years now and other than a bad magazine I have been happy with it. I bought it to rip apart and attempt to make it a 12-14ftlb plinker that I could just blast away in the yard like I am Rambozo.

Not fully thinking through that the fill port on the hp version is between the tank and valve made this impossible. The non plus version is what I should have got so a reg could have been added.

What I did end up with after polishing everything I could and cutting the hammer and valve springs down still turned out a win for me.

The rifle has a fill pressure of 2,000 psi. If I go above that at all it is single shot until pressure hits 2k. I get 4 magazines for 48 shots at 25ftlbs. A 5th mag will usually get half way and then stops resetting the trigger.

With this setup it is easy to pull back the hammer to load mags, doesn’t sound like a gorilla using a type writer when shooting.

I would still love to pick up a used no plus version and do the 12-14 ftlb tune. I am guessing the cycle would be really smooth. When I first got it I was not real impressed with how violent it was with the emphasis on on power.

Anyway, curious if anyone still plays with these.

Picture of gauge after four mags from 2k fill.
IMG_6750.jpeg

IMG_6751.jpeg

I have had my .22 HP Plus for a few years now and other than a bad magazine I have been happy with it. I bought it to rip apart and attempt to make it a 12-14ftlb plinker that I could just blast away in the yard like I am Rambozo.

Not fully thinking through that the fill port on the hp version is between the tank and valve made this impossible. The non plus version is what I should have got so a reg could have been added.

What I did end up with after polishing everything I could and cutting the hammer and valve springs down still turned out a win for me.

The rifle has a fill pressure of 2,000 psi. If I go above that at all it is single shot until pressure hits 2k. I get 4 magazines for 48 shots at 25ftlbs. A 5th mag will usually get half way and then stops resetting the trigger.

With this setup it is easy to pull back the hammer to load mags, doesn’t sound like a gorilla using a type writer when shooting.

I would still love to pick up a used no plus version and do the 12-14 ftlb tune. I am guessing the cycle would be really smooth. When I first got it I was not real impressed with how violent it was with the emphasis on on power.

Anyway, curious if anyone still plays with these.

Picture of gauge after four mags from 2k fill.
View attachment 490525

View attachment 490526
You should fill to 3000 psi but that gun can do 300 bar easy