• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

Are you getting the shot count and power that FX published ? Seems like the perfect squirrel hunter . Did you try any CPHPs , 16gr Hades or Polymags ?
I wanted to let you know I did shoot two mags of CPHP’s out of the gun. They were going 973fps so I wasn’t optimistic. At 30 I had hope. At 50 they were about the size of a quarter with three pretty good fliers. I think the gun would shoot them if I wanted it to. Also I’d like to note that my factory gauge is way off. I thought I had plenty of air when my velocity started taking a nose dive. If I don’t keep track of my mags, I probably should invest in a better gauge.

Pretty pissed off right now. I have a good many 1/8 gauges that I’ve tested and are accurate. Was going to put one of them on my DRS. Degassed by playing gauge roulette because my barrel air tank won’t let be loosen the degas screw enough for it to work. After all the air was out I took off the gauge and was like WTF? It’s a M8x1. My serial number is 22130XX so someone is not telling the truth at FX. Now I have to source a gauge I probably don’t want for the gun. I have seven good tested 1/8 gauges sitting right in front of me. Someone is getting a phone call on Monday.

Last edited:
If the SPA China gauge worked, I wouldn’t care. But now I have to shop for a chinagun gauge. I’m just trying to wrap my head around how some guys are getting 1/8 gauges and I got a M8 this late in the game. Something is not adding up.
Maybe...just maybe it not just the gauge that's Made In China??

Maybe...just maybe it not just the gauge that's Made In China??
That has been my thought since page 10 of this topic. Or….. are half the guns being produced in FX’s factory and others coming out of a factory in Ping Pong China. I would like to see a guys gun with the true FX 1/8 gauge removed. Here’s mine. And there definitely is not a ton of material there. I want to see what’s different and why. @Ries, you claim to have a 1/8 gauge. Any pictures or your serial number compared to mine?

IMG_6083.jpeg

I posted earlier that it looked to me like the m8 gauges had the white face and 1/8 gauges had the black face on these guns.

For those of you that know what threads your gun has, does this seem accurate? If nothing else, it could help others determine what thread they need for their gun without removing it first.

If that is the case, mine also has the white gauge and serienummer 22157XX.

Reactions: .20calguy
The major issue I have is the gauge selection in M8 is crap. They are all junk. I applaud Sekhmet for making a quality M8 gauge. Unfortunately I don’t want that thing hanging off the side of my gun. Digital gauges are nice until you can’t tuck them away under your gun. They are like a handle on an angle grinder when screwed into the side of a hunting gun.

After gassing my gun back up with an at least accurate plenum gauge on it, I noticed my reg was set at 130b. I thought there is no way I was that far off when I determined my reg was around 110b. I had no problem figuring out a regs set point for the first eight years when there were no plenum gauges. Was I rusty? My gun was only shooting 870’s at 130b so I turned it down to 115b and was back on my 925-930fps tune. The reg apparently lost its mind when I degassed. It happens with these little fellows. M3’s can do the same thing once in a while.

I will talk to the guy I got the gun off of on Monday. See what his thoughts are. FX if you’re reading this, why are you sticking some of us in a very confined box with this stupid block? While others that purchased the same gun for the same money have a buffet of gauges to choose from. Make it right!

Oh and my FX M8 crapper is 25b off. Dumb.

There are no good M8 gauges. So for me it’s a new block that is threaded the same as a quality gun. If I have to buy a block and wait a year for it to become available, I will. But this topic already has 15k views and I will burn them down until I’m satisfied. If we all got stuck with M8 blocks, different story. I can accept that and deal with it.

I get it. I don't know what they're thinking over at FX. I've only had my DRS for a week so it would seem that they're still shipping out guns with the m8 blocks. I'm sure they'll have quite a few unhappy customers. It would probably be in their best interest to get out ahead of it and find a way to make it right. But if they were interested in doing that, they would've just made the rifles right before rushing to ship them out. Or, at the very least, stopped shipping the rifles with m8 blocks once they realized there could potentially be an issue.

My friend has already had this issue and tapped them deeper and is using the factory screws. My plenum has the same issues I just haven't got round to looking at it yet.

Having watched the video and measured my screws, they are too long for both the plenum and gauge. I'll speak to my FX dealer.
That's how I did it now, went to the store to get an M4 machine thread tap blind hole ($16) and then carefully tapped it to the bottom.

Next problem, after replacing the normal plenum with the large plenum, there is now a leak. That opening with an O-ring 10.0x1.0 NBR90 (no. 44 on the parts list) is so close to the plug for drs (no. 49 on the parts list) that it probably does not seal very well. There was also no O-ring with the optional large plenum and you will have to reuse this O-ring from your other plenum. I'm going to order some O-rings in advance. I'm really not satisfied with the build quality of such a DRS! This could be much better FX!!

TAP M4 Blind gat.jpg

Last edited:
That's how I did it now, went to the store to get an M4 machine thread tap blind hole ($16) and then carefully tapped it to the bottom.

Next problem, after replacing the normal plenum with the large plenum, there is now a leak. That opening with an O-ring 10.0x1.0 NBR90 (no. 44 on the parts list) is so close to the plug for drs (no. 49 on the parts list) that it probably does not seal very well. There was also no O-ring with the optional large plenum and you will have to reuse this O-ring from your other plenum. I'm going to order some O-rings in advance. I'm really not satisfied with the build quality of such a DRS! This could be much better FX!!

View attachment 474338
there is a video from europe airguns in spain that explains a batch of plenums shipped with longer screws, that might be your problem

My serial number is 221304x. It has a white gauge.
I bought a first-generation FX rifle. I expect issues. The gauge issue is a bummer but not real surprising. Reputations aren't given. They are earned.
It would be nice (and basic decency) for FX to put out a list of serial numbers of affected guns. Not addressing the issue shows a disregard for the customer.

I will say at the $999 price point I am more forgiving than I would be if I paid $1500+ for the rifle.
This is a bad@ss little rifle and even if I do have some 'small' issues, I think I got my monies worth.
I feel this gun is robust enough to take out into the woods, beat the p!ss out of it and it will still perform.

In the video posted, the guy mentions the fill probe breaking and that we are supposed to get free replacements. Anyone know anything about this? Do we all need to call Utah next week? Until then... fill your gun with care? A fill probe breaking off in my gun would probably put me in a sour mood.

there is a video from europe airguns in spain that explains a batch of plenums shipped with longer screws, that might be your problem

I had no problem with the screws for the large plenum, but they only included 3 instead of 4.I did have a problem mounting the angled manometer bracket, the thread in the plenum was not tapped deep enough

That has been my thought since page 10 of this topic. Or….. are half the guns being produced in FX’s factory and others coming out of a factory in Ping Pong China. I would like to see a guys gun with the true FX 1/8 gauge removed. Here’s mine. And there definitely is not a ton of material there. I want to see what’s different and why. @Ries, you claim to have a 1/8 gauge. Any pictures or your serial number compared to mine?

View attachment 474288
Sure, this is my serial:
1719139075838.png

Huma installed the gauge for me for free when I bought the DRS from them.

Last edited: