• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

Id be fairly confident that the DRS is CHINA manufactured!!
Anything is possible but I am not going to go down that road, without some concrete evidence. Those are some very serious accusations.
I am very happy with my gun. This gauge/that gauge... really isn't important to me. It is a new platform. There are many bits and bob's coming down the pipeline. I am confident these issues will be resolved.

Anything is possible but I am not going to go down that road, without some concrete evidence. Those are some very serious accusations.
I am very happy with my gun. This gauge/that gauge... really isn't important to me. It is a new platform. There are many bits and bob's coming down the pipeline. I am confident these issues will be resolved.
Your thoughts on the gauge are probably what they were relying on when they made the switch. How many fickle long term FX owners saying WTF versus the I love my new toy guys that don’t care about the devil in the details with premium guns. They have a subculture of guys who think shooting your first couple shots in the dirt is acceptable behavior for a PCP. They fully understand acceptable risk and what most customers find acceptable. I’m confident also that they will make things right for those that care about such things. It’s just a replacement part.

Last edited:
Your thoughts on the gauge are probably what they were relying on when they made the switch. How many fickle long term FX owners saying WTF versus the I love my new toy guys that don’t care about the devil in the details with premium guns. They have a subculture of guys who think shooting your first couple shots in the dirt is acceptable behavior for a PCP. They fully understand acceptable risk and what most customers find acceptable. I’m confident also they they will make things right for those that care about such things. It’s just a replacement part.
If we were talking about a $2400 King... I would probably be as excited as you but the good greatly exceeds the bad with my gun, so I am willing to accept slight imperfections... at this price point.
I haven't even taken my gauge off to check, that is how important this is to me. I am more concerned with getting a proper fill probe. Stainless would be preferred.

Reactions: Airgunmann
Maybe Airbuks is on FX’s spin committee. A simple explanation from FX themselves and what the options are for those of us stuck with their goof is all I’m asking. So simple and possibly so difficult. At least with the Krait deal, the company admitted the problem and sent us regs and blocks like we were sponsored shooters. This is really a simple issue and hopefully after all the RMAC madness is over it can be resolved easily. I personally don’t believe they will stick a customer with a block with threads they won’t even use. If the M8x1 blocks are good enough, why did they change them to 1/8? If they stuck with M8, we would have no argument.
I thought I remember Airbuks talking about his new position as like a Product Consumer Liaison or something a few months back. I dont think he would or is purposefully misrepresenting information, but its obvious something fishy is going on on the other side of the world.

It clearly says 'made in Sweden' on the side. I think without proof it's a bit of a sweeping statement to say it's made in China.
You do realise that a product has to only include a "single" part manufactured by the parent company in order for the product to be put forward as manufactured by said parent company...

If we were talking about a $2400 King... I would probably be as excited as you but the good greatly exceeds the bad with my gun, so I am willing to accept slight imperfections... at this price point.
I haven't even taken my gauge off to check, that is how important this is to me. I am more concerned with getting a proper fill probe. Stainless would be preferred.
Agreed, the fill probe thing is very concerning for me. While I have way over $10k worth of FX in my safe, I absolutely do not consider the DRS an econo rifle. It wears their name, mine was Taipan money so I will hold it to certain standards. These are not cheap guns. It’s a really good gun. A Umarex, Hatsan, Air Venturi, SPA or Crosman is a gun that this type of stuff might be acceptable.

You do realise that a product has to only include a "single" part manufactured by the parent company in order for the product to be put forward as manufactured by said parent company...
That isnt true in many first world countries, including the US, the UK, and lots of European countries. Nobody is complaining about an asia made gauge or screw here. This is a very expensive (and quite frankly too expensive) supposedly top tier product that claims to specifically not be made anywhere other than Sweden. We all know many parts and materials are made in China, but nobody likes a company that is being dishonest. And that might be the case this time, or maybe not. But FX doesnt have the best record in that regard in my book, they have some interesting business tactics.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I’m going to wait to see what FX does with the probe. I haven’t had to buy upgraded probes for any of my guns that cost around a grand or more. Not planning on starting now. Everything that comes with a gun should at least work and be safe. That’s not asking too much. Well, it’s been proven to be asking too much with some guns, but not a FX.

Reactions: Dairyboy
This is off the current topic, but I thought I would share a fix that I got from UA.
I have degassed my DRS a few times for different reason's.
But when I replaced the grub screw in the SHP plenum it would not seal.
I contacted UA and they recommended putting a small piece of o-ring in the hole before the grub screw.
Simple but highly effective !
20240624_194457.jpg

Reactions: ram2jeep
This is off the current topic, but I thought I would share a fix that I got from UA.
I have degassed my DRS a few times for different reason's.
But when I replaced the grub screw in the SHP plenum it would not seal.
I contacted UA and they recommended putting a small piece of o-ring in the hole before the grub screw.
Simple but highly effective !
View attachment 474828
Good to know! I just received my SHP today and the screws are the correct length, based on the review vide. My DRS Classic .22 600mm is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I will be adding the SHP along with the slug power kit and new spring as well. I want to get a few shots over the chronograph with the small plenum and then compare to the shp and then with the slug power kit installed.
So looking to get 3 sets of fps to see what each additional upgrade actually adds. I have pre installed the angle manometer so I know the actual regulator pressure.
Has anyone done a slug power upgrade? I have looked but haven’t been able to find anything.

Good to know! I just received my SHP today and the screws are the correct length, based on the review vide. My DRS Classic .22 600mm is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I will be adding the SHP along with the slug power kit and new spring as well. I want to get a few shots over the chronograph with the small plenum and then compare to the shp and then with the slug power kit installed.
So looking to get 3 sets of fps to see what each additional upgrade actually adds. I have pre installed the angle manometer so I know the actual regulator pressure.
Has anyone done a slug power upgrade? I have looked but haven’t been able to find anything.
Congratulations on your DRS !
I'm looking forward to hearing about your new rifle!
I have installed a slug power kit in my 22 700, this came with the SHP plenum.
I gained 15fps with the slug probe, the tungsten hammer weight was a wash, no gain in fps, but I could back off hammer tension so the rifle is easier to cock.
I ordered the slug power kit from Europe Airguns.
It cost about 60 bucks US with shipping and took 16 day to get from Spain to North Dakota

It cost about 60 bucks US with shipping and took 16 day to get from Spain to North Dakota.

Congratulations on your DRS !
I'm looking forward to hearing about your new rifle!
I have installed a slug power kit in my 22 700, this came with the SHP plenum.
I gained 15fps with the slug probe, the tungsten hammer weight was a wash, no gain in fps, but I could back off hammer tension so the rifle is easier to cock.
I ordered the slug power kit from Europe Airguns.
It cost about 60 bucks US with shipping and took 16 day to get from Spain to North Dakota

It cost about 60 bucks US with shipping and took 16 day to get from Spain to North Dakota.
I already have the slug power kit; got it from Huma along with the tuning spring. I got the SHP from Huma as well. I have the dove to pic, high, coming from Utah and it should be here by Thursday so I can get to the range.
Did you have instructions on how to install the slug power kit?

After modifying my stock to accommodate the plenum gauge I figured I might as well clean the barrel after testing several pellets. Then just let it be a Hades gun. But dang it, sitting right there on the table was a tin of my lubed .22 slugs right beside my tin of Hades. I talked myself out of it while I was loading my two mags with Hades. They won’t be fast enough to be worthwhile unless I start cranking on the gun. I’ll have to clean my barrel again. I was getting up from the table after loading both mags, looked at the slug tin again and caved.

I zeroed the gun at 30 yards after it settled and it was cutting holes. It was shooting 810fps with the slugs. I moved to a 3/4” spinner at 75 yards and dialed and dialed the elevation turret until I finally hit it. The hits just kept coming so I thought I better move over to paper and shoot a five shot group with this thing. Pretty freaking amazing. This is as good as it shoots pellets at 75 yards.

Before I return the gun to pellet life, I will try it at 100 yards. Hopefully tomorrow night if there is no wind. And hopefully if my scope has enough elevation adjustment left.

IMG_6089.jpeg

I’m back again. It’s a perfect night for shooting so I thought before I go to bed, if my 100 yard target lights up when I push the button, I’ll try a 100 yard group. The 75 yard shooting just had me intrigued. The target lit up so I started dialing and dialing until it was close enough.

This had to be a 6 shot group because on my 4th shot, the gun reacted funny when the shot broke. Guys that own this gun know what I’m talking about. It’s a feather weight so you have to be locked in consistently or it’s gonna hop. Not much shocks me in the PCP world but every now and then something does. And this did. I may have to rethink my slug gun platforms. This gun has no “slug stuff” in it. Yes, they’re not fast but this is squirrel headshot every time at 100 accuracy. I’m still sitting here a little befuddled as I type this. And this was shot with a 16x Discovery scope. It fortunately has a very tiny dot in the center of the reticle.

IMG_6092.jpeg

I already have the slug power kit; got it from Huma along with the tuning spring. I got the SHP from Huma as well. I have the dove to pic, high, coming from Utah and it should be here by Thursday so I can get to the range.
Did you have instructions on how to install the slug power kit?
The DRS is similar to the Dynamic as far as the process of installation of the slug power kit.

The DRS is similar to the Dynamic as far as the process of installation of the slug power kit.
Thanks again. I saw the video but I just wasn’t sure and didn’t want to make a mistake. I have taken my Panthera apart so I should be okay. Rifle is out for delivery so I will be waiting for that to get here. Utah Airguns got my dovetail to pic rail out yesterday with a delivery, hopefully, for tomorrow.
Will be meeting up with another fellow AGN member on Thursday at the range to get everything dialed in. Definitely looking forward to Thursday and now deciding on the Arken Zulus or Vector Continental to top it off with.
Thanks again…

Reactions: Impact701