• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

I’m back again. It’s a perfect night for shooting so I thought before I go to bed, if my 100 yard target lights up when I push the button, I’ll try a 100 yard group. The 75 yard shooting just had me intrigued. The target lit up so I started dialing and dialing until it was close enough.

This had to be a 6 shot group because on my 4th shot, the gun reacted funny when the shot broke. Guys that own this gun know what I’m talking about. It’s a feather weight so you have to be locked in consistently or it’s gonna hop. Not much shocks me in the PCP world but every now and then something does. And this did. I may have to rethink my slug gun platforms. This gun has no “slug stuff” in it. Yes, they’re not fast but this is squirrel headshot every time at 100 accuracy. I’m still sitting here a little befuddled as I type this. And this was shot with a 16x Discovery scope. It fortunately has a very tiny dot in the center of the reticle.

View attachment 474878
Well are you gonna say what the slugs were? Lol that's mighty fine shooting there.

Reactions: Impact701
Well are you gonna say what the slugs were? Lol that's mighty fine shooting there.
That’s always the magic question. I hope to shoot it again tonight at the exact same target. See if I can print a group right on top of the one I shot last night. My wind ribbon was only slightly fluttering last night so I don’t think there was any influence on the slug. Hero today, zero tomorrow is a common theme with slugs. Hopefully tonight I’ll find out before I send a bunch of guys on a slug buying spree.

My DRS Classic has landed! UPS came early and I have already put 14 18.1g pellets through it. First 3 shots were in the mid 800’s and then the rest were averaging 925fps. This is the .22 600mm with the smaller plenum and a Huma Mod30 to keep it down. Gonna run some more pellets through at these settings and then will install SHP to find the regulator pressure and then test if the larger plenum changes anything.
love the light weight.

This evening I was on my porch relaxing and taking in the beautiful weather since that heat wave passed. There were starlings down by my 100 target so I retrieved my DRS slow motion slug shooter. Looked at the gauge when I got outside and hoped I still had some shots left. Still waiting on an email reply on that issue. I knew the gun was a smidge low and right last night at 100. So I held high left and pop, one dead with a cold shot. Another one came back to investigate its fallen brethren and pop, it was dead. I was just sitting on the steps with my elbows resting on my knees. A no towering scope, no tube or bottle true traditional rifle is just so easy to shoot.

I can’t leave the gun this way. I’m 14 clicks from 30 to 50 yards. I’m 48 clicks for 75 yards and I’m over 100 clicks for 100 yards. But if I would have the time to range every animal to the yard, it’s dead out to 100 and who knows how far beyond.

I‘m having some wallet emptying thoughts but I need to think this through. My gun is as long as I can stand with a mod on it. So I would stick with 500mm in .22. If I were to buy another walnut .22 to make a slug shooter, making sure the dealer checked the gauge threads before shipping, would it still shoot this slug if I turned the gun up. I think I’ll wait until there is a plenum bigger than mine but smaller than that gigantic thing available. Judging by where my HS is set on 115b, I think I would need a little hammer weight or maybe a little more spring. I would be shooting for the 920-930fps range. I would just try with my gun but I’ll wait to see where the 500mm .22’s run out of gas reg vs hammer from someone on the forum. I don’t want to jack around with this gun. My reg doesn’t budge after sitting.

Headed to bed so I shot the second group at 100. Not making excuses but this is a tough gun to get a clean follow through with because of its weight. But here you go. The two outside the cluster, I felt them and was surprised they were still that close when I walked down to my target for the glory photo. Good gun. Even brought my trusty penny with me.

IMG_6097.jpeg

FX was logged on here this morning. They didn't bother to address these 2 issues. Such a bummer.
I sorta don’t blame them. There’s a risk of being attacked and that’s not a good look for anyone involved. The dude that worked for them and got in trouble had no problem posting on here. Most of us respected that and kept it professional even if he didn’t tell us what we wanted to hear. But it only takes one nut to send the train off the rails. Maybe someday they will find another dude with a pair that isn’t nervous on a forum. It’s a major deal and impresses a lot of people when a manufacturer jumps in on a conversation. Ed from Edgun can really lay it down when he responds on here. I sent an email a couple days ago so they can respond at their leisure. It’s not a gun failure, except for possibly the dangerous probe. So I’m in no hurry.

Tonight I plan to shoot the gun down to 115b using my fill tank gauge to verify. Then get out a sharpie and put a black line on that crappers gauge face so I know when to fill. It’s ridiculous and cheesy on such a nice gun but I’m not going shopping for a M8 gauge. Then going through 20 of them until I get one that works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frozenspyder
Headed to bed so I shot the second group at 100. Not making excuses but this is a tough gun to get a clean follow through with because of its weight. But here you go. The two outside the cluster, I felt them and was surprised they were still that close when I walked down to my target for the glory photo. Good gun. Even brought my trusty penny with me.

View attachment 475066
nice shooting

I sorta don’t blame them. There’s a risk of being attacked and that’s not a good look for anyone involved. The dude that worked for them and got in trouble had no problem posting on here. Most of us respected that and kept it professional even if he didn’t tell us what we wanted to hear. But it only takes one nut to send the train off the rails. Maybe someday they will find another dude with a pair that isn’t nervous on a forum. It’s a major deal and impresses a lot of people when a manufacturer jumps in on a conversation. Ed from Edgun can really lay it down when he responds on here. I sent an email a couple days ago so they can respond at their leisure. It’s not a gun failure, except for possibly the dangerous probe. So I’m in no hurry.

Tonight I plan to shoot the gun down to 115b using my fill tank gauge to verify. Then get out a sharpie and put a black line on that crappers gauge face so I know when to fill. It’s ridiculous and cheesy on such a nice gun but I’m not going shopping for a M8 gauge. Then going through 20 of them until I get one that works.
ED would tell you don't buy it if you don't like it LOL

Reactions: Dairyboy
nice shooting
Thanks. But I wasn’t real confident as I started to stretch the distance. The gun is mega comfy but just so light. I really felt I was going to botch things up on my part and have no clue what that combo was capable of. I have my trigger spot on so that helped.

Reactions: coastal drifter
Anyone know where to get a 250bar black dail 23mm mini pressure gauge, with M8x1 threads?
(Yes, mine came with the dumb M8 gauge… Grr.)

I guess there is not one that is analog. Thats why people are kinda mad with the M8, which I understand.

Sekhmet makes a digital one in M8 that is black. (Select m8 on the site)

I guess there is not one that is analog. Thats why people are kinda mad with the M8, which I understand.

Sekhmet makes a digital one in M8 that is black. (Select m8 on the site)

Has any used this Sekmet gauge ? Is it any good ?

I’m still waiting on a response about the gauge and probe issue. It’s been seven days but there could be a pile of emails and issues ahead of me. Until then, I’m just operating with this hillbilly setup. My factory gauge is dead on at 100b. Then gets progressively worse as the pressure rises. Not acceptable, but being patient.

IMG_6107.jpeg

I’m still waiting on a response about the gauge and probe issue. It’s been seven days but there could be a pile of emails and issues ahead of me. Until then, I’m just operating with this hillbilly setup. My factory gauge is dead on at 100b. Then gets progressively worse as the pressure rises. Not acceptable, but being patient.

View attachment 476362
My gauge is accurate to 150bar while filling.
It shows 250bar when it's filled to 230bar.
As I shoot it sticks on the way down so I have no idea where I'm at while shooting.

As I shoot it sticks on the way down so I have no idea where I'm at while shooting.
I had a FX gauge on an Impact quite a few years ago do that. I wasted so many slugs chasing and testing. Finally a guy on here said check your gauges. So I came up with a gauge tester. I was so mad that I wanted to send FX a bill for all the slugs I wasted. I have a nice looking black face accurate low profile gauge I want to put on my gun. But it’s 1/8. I don’t like the fact that other guys in this topic can use that gauge and I can’t.

Well I got a chance today with drs to bird hunt with 40 gr slug at 940 ish it's a laser from 0-50 50 yards was probably my longest shot but overall I really like it . I may need to upgrade to the carbon fiber air tube last few shots are close if not off the reg about 15 shots are really accurate and the last 2 better be about 30 yards or you miss with out holding high first blood I got probably 30 black birds and sparrows

My gauge shows 230 bar when it's at 250 bar only did that once on accident so I noted that depending on which tank I use to fill