• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

I also don’t understand the radio silence about that soft probe. Do they just expect us all to buy Huma probes? Are they gonna say our first batch of guns came with temporary probes? It’s up to the owner to provide pellets, air and a probe?

I have no problem buying a bigger plenum if I want more power. Or a CF tank if I want more air. But I’m not thrilled about having to buy a gauge and probe. Those are basic functionality items.

Ok Fed Ex came early today just as we were leaving for a doctors appointment. I put a Hawke 44mm Airmax scope on it with Eagle Vision rings . With it mounted on the receiver grooves there is still room to fit the larger Dreamline magazine with room to spare. Shouldering the gun the line of sight to the scope is doable. It would be better if the rings were lower but definitely wouldn’t want the scope any higher. I like a more head down position. Others may prefer the heads up hold. I’m thinking the picatinny rail would add unnecessary height For this stocks comb height. Although it looks nice to some. I am going to just go with this set up and see how it shoots different ammo from 15 grn. Up to 28 grn pellets and try some light weight slugs. I haven’t heard from the videos yet if the larger magazines from the King and Panthera will fit this . If not there is a need for one that holds the heavy ammo. I don’t see the need for the smaller magazine except to be able to use a low set of rings with a smallish scope to give it that classic rifle look. But it is nice to be able to have the magazine to be able to use the heavy up to 40 grain slugs if desired. The manual doesn’t give any instructions on degassing the tank or the plentum. There is a small Allen screw just beside the air gauge in the receiver. I’m thinking that is one of the sources. Probably the plentum. FX needs to get a video out soon on how to degas this gun properly. I shot the gun with a pellet and no moderator. It was loud to me. Louder than my Dreamline without a moderator. But the FX video said it was quieter to them. I’ll do a side by side test later. Weather is not good for the next couple of days here and I’m blind in my left eye for at least a week until it heals. I made a scale drawing on poster board to show how much room there is for a plentum gauge if you were to leave it on and tried to inlet the stock. As you can see in the drawing there is not enough room. I made another drawing where a block could possibly be made to mount to the plentum and a gauge mounted to it so the face of the gauge could be exposed out the bottom of the forearm of the stock. I’m no expert on metals and pressures and would not attempt this without approval from an expert. ill just tune the gun out of the stock like I did with my Dreamline. It won’t be easy to drill a hole in the stock to access the HS. And even if you did you would have to make a Allen wrench to reach as I show in another drawing.The gun weighs 7.2 pounds with the Airmax compact scope and feels light in the hand like my old Crown synthetic I had. The 600mm barrel doesn’t look long , matter of fact it looks like a normal PB rifle. But with a moderator it looks long. The 500 mm barrel is going to really be compact . The stock feels fat to me but I’m used to slim .22 RF and even my Center Fire rifles have slimmer stocks. It will be interesting to see if the Monelli wood stocks are slimmer. My GRS stock on the Dreamline was not slim and I took a rasp to it and took at least 1/8” off the sides and bottom . I can see the need to have the extra thickness to the foam stock for needed strength. I’ll be making my own wood stock for this rifle. I have a crazy shell grain maple blank I have been saving for the right rifle and this is it.

View attachment 447391

View attachment 447392

View attachment 447393

View attachment 447394

View attachment 447395

View attachment 447396
That DRS looks eerily similar to my Zbroia Hortitsia! :cool:

Zbroia Optisan.jpg

Had to degas the rifle today and found out the gauge is way off and is also the m8! View attachment 476988
What’s wrong with this picture?
Nothing is wrong with that picture. Most of us generally keep around 50b in our work bench. Well, except those 100b guys.

I also don’t understand the radio silence about that soft probe. Do they just expect us all to buy Huma probes? Are they gonna say our first batch of guns came with temporary probes? It’s up to the owner to provide pellets, air and a probe?

I have no problem buying a bigger plenum if I want more power. Or a CF tank if I want more air. But I’m not thrilled about having to buy a gauge and probe. Those are basic functionality items.
Be careful with using that factory probe. I read something on a UK airgun forum about a guy having his break at the first o-ring while filling. It was probably a freak accident but I'd hate to see someone get hurt because FX rushed things.

Be careful with using that factory probe. I read something on a UK airgun forum about a guy having his break at the first o-ring while filling. It was probably a freak accident but I'd hate to see someone get hurt because FX rushed things.
If FX isn’t saying anything about the probe, it must be just fine to use it. Forums don’t issue recalls and we can’t expect everyone to be a member of a forum and risk injury if they’re not. I haven’t disconnected from the factory probe with my extension since the gun arrived. If the bearings on the female foster eventually pull through the brass probe and sh#t goes flying………..well let’s just hope they address it before it starts happening to customers. Especially customers who don’t respect HPA.

I’m already angry. Just trying not to get pissed. But the clock keeps ticking.
I already passed anger and getting pissed. It has nothing to do with the issues, it has to do with the radio silence.
Getting secondhand information from Airbuks and Sekhment is truly pathetic.
I can deal with ANY issue. What I can't deal with is indifference towards paying customers.
The good news for me is this whole experience will save me a lot of money in the future. Gotta be positive!

I already passed anger and getting pissed. It has nothing to do with the issues, it has to do with the radio silence.
I can deal with ANY issue. What I can't deal with is indifference towards paying customers.
The good news for me is this whole experience will save me a lot of money in the future. Gotta be positive!
Airbuks does now the social media for FX.

My DRS came with the stainless steel fill probe. No idea where you all bought the DRS, but I would go to the dealer and request there an exchange. Krale in Europe did that, if im not mistaken.

Yes. I should contact Airgun Al and borrow a pair of his rosey glasses. I am thankful my gun shoots great for now. But I think after being a test pilot for new models at least five times now and getting burned, I’m done. Moving forward, when a new gun is released, I’m going to join the sideline gang until all the BS is worked out. With several guns, I found it somewhat acceptable because of how they handled it. This, not so much. I’m actually quite surprised. I wasn’t expecting this when I clicked the buy button. A simple valve replacement issue would be a blessing at this point because I believe if I had a valve issue, there would probably be one at my doorstep in under a week.

Reactions: Frozenspyder
Don’t get it as everyone knew well going in what they weren’t getting that is present on the dreamline for pretty much the same money. Guess it’s the trade off for storing the air in a different place 🤷‍♂️. I don’t even own one and the offerings piss me off. I mean how about the 3 grand offering that is the same PIA to adjust. Now to me that is blasphemous and FX deserves endless brow beating for it. I guess that chassis is worth it 🤷‍♂️. Is it really ?

Airbuks does now the social media for FX.

My DRS came with the stainless steel fill probe. No idea where you all bought the DRS, but I would go to the dealer and request there an exchange. Krale in Europe did that, if im not mistaken.
I did not know that. Thanks for making my point about second hand knowledge. Airbuks and Huma seem to be on the top of their game. We are getting nothing from Utah or FX. When a person is too lazy or too scared to have a conversation… let’s just say I couldn’t respect them any less. This whole situation makes me think of a YouTube video titled… Why most people are cowards.

Talked to the dude I bought mine from this morning. The reason I didn’t contact him initially is because I have no issue with him. He’s just selling what FX sends him. He’s a great dude and didn’t try sprinkling pixie dust on the two issues I have. These are not isolated issues to just us on the forum. Unfortunately he is as in the dark on resolutions as we are.