FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

Just an update on the fill probes. We are to use them until they are unusable or blow apart. Then call for a replacement. FX is not updating the probe. With the M8 gauge, if yours is not accurate, I guess they will keep sending you new ones until you get a good one. I’m going to try one more M8. If it’s not accurate, then it will be onto the next step.

Just an update on the fill probes. We are to use them until they are unusable or blow apart. Then call for a replacement. FX is not updating the probe. With the M8 gauge, if yours is not accurate, I guess they will keep sending you new ones until you get a good one. I’m going to try one more M8. If it’s not accurate, then it will be onto the next step.
In todays pcp market, I think FX is tap dancing on thin ice. They might find themselves out of a job if they keep burning customers. Your experience has pretty much anchored my decision to never pay money for a new FX. 😕

In todays pcp market, I think FX is tap dancing on thin ice. They might find themselves out of a job if they keep burning customers. Your experience has pretty much anchored my decision to never pay money for a new FX. 😕

I learned my lesson with FX years ago concerning two new guns. But I've had negative experiences with other Co's newest pcp's too. Also I'm not very handy with fixing and tuning guns. So I wait a year or so to let the beta testers figure things out before I bite. At least this strategy reduces the "chance" of a melt down in finances, shipping$ - possible stolen, lost, or broken items$, and the gun being gone for who knows how long.

Reactions: Centercut
AirBuks seems to be taking over customer service issues. Which is a good thing. He seems like a good dude and does a good job on his tech videos. Airbuks is also taking over the FX Masterclass videos from Earnest. The DRS video will be out next month. I have been exchanging Emails with them for the past couple of days. I am optimistic communication with FX is going to be a lot better for the customer in the future.

Reactions: Impact701
As much as i like my modded M3... i will never buy another FX!!
I’m done also. I would rather buy a gun knowing going in that there is not a parts warehouse a phone call away. Reason? Those guns never needed anything any way. The one bad gun I did get, that company was on top of trying to make things right. Didn’t keep the gun but hold no ill will towards the company. They sent us the best parts they were producing trying to make things right.

I told this story in a PM to another helpful member here but I think it bears repeating. Friday evening I took my Taipan and the DRS to a buddies house to take care of a bird problem. He’s a hardcore powder burner guy, doesn’t give a rats butt about airguns. But he knows how much I have invested because he has asked. I figured the DRS would be perfect for him. He liked it as we shot but asked about the tape on the gauge. I told him is was really far off so I marked it for when it’s time to refill. Then I showed him the chewed up probe. Said that’s the only two issues. Besides that, it seems like a good gun. He said did this thing only cost you $250? I said try almost $1,200. He said why is it not in a box headed back to where you bought it from. I told him that issues are not unique to just this gun. I said guys get bad regs, valves, gauges and have leaks. He said WTF is wrong with you airgun guys. You sound like sheep that have been conditioned to accept piss poor products. Then spend more money fixing them yourself. You guys are dumb.

After that slap to the face from a close lifelong friend, I’m definitely changing my approach. Oh, and he asked what kind of problems have you had with that gun, pointing at my Taipan. I said none for seven years. Still all original. He said give me that gun then, you shoot this thing if you love it so much. But the kicker was he didn’t like the rear cocking after two mags of forward cocking with the DRS.

Hope I didn’t bore anyone with this. But it should make some of us look in the mirror and wake up.

Not sure what you mean about ”tube ability”? If you’re concerned about how the Hades shoot, mine shoots them very well at 1020fps but I have mine tuned to shoot 25 and 28 grn pellets. My Dreamline I have tuned shooting Hades at 930 out of the 500mm barrel And they are the best pellet I have found for it. As far as comb height that is something only you will know when you try it. Depends on your physical diamentions and how you hold the rifle. also which height scope rings you choose. So start with the lowest rings as the Low picatinny adds 1/4” more height. If you have problems with height , there are cheek - comb risers on the market that take care of that as well. Check out Accu-Riser.com for one.

Last edited:
Concerning the brass probe. Two things I found on my DRS that could be a factor and I easily fixed. One is the hole in the aluminum block is drilled with a sharp edge . I took a counter sink bit and put a slight chamfered edge on the hole which I think would save some wear and tear on the o rings. Second thing I found was some small black particles on the probe when first used. I took the stock off and found that the hole on the inside of the stock where it meets the block was ragged and I was able to break off small sharp pieces With my finger nail. I have since restocked my rifle in wood but I could see this not being caught at the factory and perhaps some stocks having partial obstruction out of the mold which could damage a soft brass probe and o rings. So you all might inspect the inside hole in the stock and might as well chamfer that hole in the block as well.

Concerning the brass probe. Two things I found on my DRS that could be a factor and I easily fixed. One is the hole in the aluminum block is drilled with a sharp edge . I took a counter sink bit and put a slight chamfered edge on the hole which I think would save some wear and tear on the o rings. Second thing I found was some small black particles on the probe when first used. I took the stock off and found that the hole on the inside of the stock where it meets the block was ragged and I was able to break off small sharp pieces With my finger nail. I have since restocked my rifle in wood but I could see this not being caught at the factory and perhaps some stocks having partial obstruction out of the mold which could damage a soft brass probe and o rings. So you all might inspect the inside hole in the stock and might as well chamfer that hole in the block as well.
Things that FX should have done in the first place..

Since FX is only going to send out another Chinese Ebay gauge,
Screenshot_20240711_140154_eBay.jpg

20240627_055919.jpg

I broke down and bought a Sekmet M8x1 25mm gauge for my DRS

Last edited:
But the factory installed gauge has "FX" printed on the dial. Automatic additional 7 HorsePower.

Im just a nerd on the internet, but to me this whole thing is unacceptable. Charge insane prices for a bit of machine work only to send out a product with a bunch of bottom shelf parts. Arguably some of the most important parts...

I could forgive this on a budget pcp, but FX spends a lot of money convincing us all they are the best out there. Now I regret not buying a Taipan Vet when they were still new and in stock. I hope you guys get some help soon from FX and can feel good about your purchases again. You all seem to be handling this with lots of patience.

View attachment 479153
View attachment 479158

View attachment 479153
View attachment 479158

That sir is an exact duplicate that practically confirms what we already know. I appreciate the link to the digital, but even if FX gifted a Sekhmet to every one of us with the obsolete block, I still wouldn’t use it. Beautiful sleek traditional rifle with a big knob hanging off the side is not what I find appealing. All I would like is to be able to use one of the few available low profile analog gauges that are available in 1/8. Like some of my other DRS Classic brethren can. I will try one more FX econo metric gauge. Or I guess Chinese eBay gauge with FX logo. I hope for the sake of my blood pressure that it’s accurate. I haven’t touched my gun in a week. This whole thing has me not liking it much. But I have been shooting my real FX’s. At least that’s what I hope.

That sir is an exact duplicate that practically confirms what we already know. I appreciate the link to the digital, but even if FX gifted a Sekhmet to every one of us with the obsolete block, I still wouldn’t use it. Beautiful sleek traditional rifle with a big knob hanging off the side is not what I find appealing. All I would like is to be able to use one of the few available low profile analog gauges that are available in 1/8. Like some of my other DRS Classic brethren can. I will try one more FX econo metric gauge. Or I guess Chinese eBay gauge with FX logo. I hope for the sake of my blood pressure that it’s accurate. I haven’t touched my gun in a week. This whole thing has me not liking it much. But I have been shooting my real FX’s. At least that’s what I hope.
I have to agree with your opinion on the Sekhment gauge. It is thick and does stick out further than I like. What I find weird is that they are an American company, but they only build gauges in BAR. I prefer good ol PSI.

Im just a nerd on the internet, but to me this whole thing is unacceptable. Charge insane prices for a bit of machine work only to send out a product with a bunch of bottom shelf parts. Arguably some of the most important parts...

I could forgive this on a budget pcp, but FX spends a lot of money convincing us all they are the best out there. Now I regret not buying a Taipan Vet when they were still new and in stock. I hope you guys get some help soon from FX and can feel good about your purchases again. You all seem to be handling this with lots of patience.

Speaking of insane prices...

Plenty of Taipans available, but they are almost twice the price as the DRS.

And with the DRS, you wont need to look straight down the buisness end of the barrel to view the gauge, ... unlike the Tiapan!

Reactions: coastal drifter

And with the DRS, you wont need to look straight down the buisness end of the barrel to view the gauge, ... unlike the Tiapan!
Yeah they do cost more, Talon has a few left in stock for about $1400 before any discounts. The Gen 1 Vets are out of production though, not sure about plenty available. The only issue is he doesnt have any configuration I am looking for. Even though the cost is higher than the DRS, the Taipans are rock solid with most rifles still on the original o-rings several years later. The gauge isnt a big deal, I have 4 Gamo/BSA with the same setup. You can use a mirror or your phone camera to check the pressure.

I have or had a bunch of guns that take a fill probe. In my experience, the only guns that tore up probe orings were my China guns. Yes, had to chamfer those probe ports. With my upper tier guns, I’m still on my original fill probe orings. They go in seamlessly. I will pull my DRS out of its stock tonight and see if I have any flashbacks.

Reactions: coastal drifter

Lol, FX will make you want to look down the business end of a barrel after dealing with all their issues!!

• Haha
Reactions: wooferocau