FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

Has anyone bought a Delta Force Chassis for their DRS ??

View attachment 479876

Share pictures please !
Dumping that kind of money into this offering from FX? Not going to happen. A possible China gun with a $1,000 chassis would result in weekly urine tests from my employer.

Screenshot_20240716_092013_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240716_062651_YouTube.jpg

They don't have the DRS chassis on there website yet.

Reactions: coastal drifter
That's how I did it now, went to the store to get an M4 machine thread tap blind hole ($16) and then carefully tapped it to the bottom.

Next problem, after replacing the normal plenum with the large plenum, there is now a leak. That opening with an O-ring 10.0x1.0 NBR90 (no. 44 on the parts list) is so close to the plug for drs (no. 49 on the parts list) that it probably does not seal very well. There was also no O-ring with the optional large plenum and you will have to reuse this O-ring from your other plenum. I'm going to order some O-rings in advance. I'm really not satisfied with the build quality of such a DRS! This could be much better FX!!

View attachment 474338
Mines leaking too been trying to fix it for almost two weeks it’s a 90 duro and I bought 70 duro 1mm cs or thickness o-rings and they wouldn’t seal so I’m praying the 90 duro 10mm id x 1mm cs 90 duro’s I bought work

Reactions: coastal drifter
I also don’t understand the radio silence about that soft probe. Do they just expect us all to buy Huma probes? Are they gonna say our first batch of guns came with temporary probes? It’s up to the owner to provide pellets, air and a probe?

I have no problem buying a bigger plenum if I want more power. Or a CF tank if I want more air. But I’m not thrilled about having to buy a gauge and probe. Those are basic functionality items.
yeah the probe is junky and gauges should be way more accurate

For anyone interested I personally think the 700mm classic drs is a steal so far for the money. It cost me $1000 like the others but it came with the larger plenum installed, a good sized 300+cc air tank over the barrel which gets me a mag of 36 grain javelins. The reason I find this a steal besides the larger plenum is the 700mm heavy barrel besides at the same price. It’s a great looking and so far very simple and reliable gun to use compared to my M3 which is more prone to issues so far. Now I have a 9mm M3 and when that’s working well it’s like having a Ferrari in the garage… including the constant need for service. But the performance for me makes it worth it. The DRS I would equate more to a Lexus or Acura. Luxury cars sure… not the fanciest or most expensive but very reliable and easy to get parts for. I am glad I have both in my garage :).

I didn’t degas it or put a gauge on it. i shot it over a chronograph and noted when the velocity dropped. If you look at the paper where I recorded the velocities you can see they were pretty consistent and then it dropped dramatically. That’s when it hit the limit on the reg . Just note the preasure on the fill gauge. As I posted earlier there is a grub Allen screw next to the fill gauge. I am thinking this is to degas either the plentum or the bottle. I haven’t tried it. No need yet. You could try that and if it is the bottle you will know by the gauge. You could then try loosening the plug on the plentum and see if that empties the plentum. Don’t shoot the plentum down. They warn not to do that as it will damage the valve. If you just start shooting different ammo to see what shoots best in your particular barrel you really don’t need a gauge to see the reg pressure . Once you have narrowed down a couple of promising pellets or slugs, then start increasing the hammer a full turn at a time. But take a measurement how far in the hammer screw is to start as a reference. Use a caliper or a small 1/2” wide ruler as I did. Make a note with measurement each time you make an adjustment to reference . Once you don’t see any increase in velocity, then up your reg preasure 1/2 turn and put the hammer back where it was before and start over all the time trying the different ammo . After all not all ammo likes the same velocity. Record the shot count and make a judgement where you want to be on velocity, accuracy and shot count on the preferred ammo either you like or the rifle likes. I determined my rifle likes the JSB jumbo monster grand 28.5 grn pellet in the mid 800 fps. I was hoping I could get them up to 900 fps but as the rifle is set up now I probably wouldn’t get a full mag of shots. I can get two mags shooting them in the low 800’s With not a really big difference in drop or fpe out to 60 yards which is my limit for hunting. I want to try some more slugs in .218” diameter too especially the new FX Halos. A carbon fiber shroud is on my list too. I’m not a fan of the bigger plentum on the Classic. From the looks on the drawing of the parts there is still a lot of metal to the plentum. I’m no expert on metallurgy an pressures but possibly a short plentum could be made to withstand 160 bar safely with more volume of air without being so long. Simple to make by a machine shop. I’m sure it will come up down the road.
number 59 right side plenum is degass

for what it’s worth my 600mm .22 with the large plentum and reg at 135-140 and 13 gram hammer shoots the Monster Grands at 965 fps and they are still the best shooting pellet from 800 up to 965 fps in my DRS. But it is very hungry on the air. About 9 bar per shot so only getting 10 shots. I also have the two 5/8” holes in the plentum plugged. I’m not happy with the shot count and want to try and double that and see where it’s at with the velocity. I’m also not happy with the recoil making it not as accurate offhand shooting . The heavier the ammo the more recoil so I have some more experimenting to do Before I settle on the ammo I want to shoot.

Since someone got out their paddles and revived this topic I’ll add something for the 500mm .22 guys. My gun has just been sitting and collecting dust. For what it does best, I have the reg set at 115-118b. Tonight I felt bad for the thing so I tested when the stock components run out of gas versus the reg setting. I stopped at 140b and still had enough hammer to go 150b. Everything got worse while I was at 140b so the gun is back to 115b now with the hammer set about 3.57mm. The gun even started to recoil real bad at 140b with just an 18gr pellet. Slugs were horrible at 140b but they are not at 115b and going 60fps slower.

I must say this is a very sensitive gun with the tuning! Right now with my .22/500mm barrel and large plenum I do a 60 round on a refill. Pellets are 18 grains and are shot at 892 fps (272 m/s)
Something minimally different in the settings can result in half the shot count and therefore a lot of air consumption.
It remains a special rifle!
Oh yes, that first shot is significantly lower in speed!

shotcount november '24.jpg

@thommy brings up a point that I didn’t go into detail about. While I was at 140b, I started to make the gun nicer with the hammer spring. Brought the 18gr pellets down from 940fps to the 920’s. But this will result in the first shot blues. I can’t have that. Not in this day and age. At the lower reg setting I can set things full throttle and the gun is happy. First shot included.

Reactions: Dairyboy
For anyone interested I personally think the 700mm classic drs is a steal so far for the money. It cost me $1000 like the others but it came with the larger plenum installed, a good sized 300+cc air tank over the barrel which gets me a mag of 36 grain javelins. The reason I find this a steal besides the larger plenum is the 700mm heavy barrel besides at the same price. It’s a great looking and so far very simple and reliable gun to use compared to my M3 which is more prone to issues so far. Now I have a 9mm M3 and when that’s working well it’s like having a Ferrari in the garage… including the constant need for service. But the performance for me makes it worth it. The DRS I would equate more to a Lexus or Acura. Luxury cars sure… not the fanciest or most expensive but very reliable and easy to get parts for. I am glad I have both in my garage :).
Personally I would equate the DRS to a Kia Forte with a turbo on it. Very basic made on a budget but with a couple nice features. The turbo adds some performance if needed.

Reactions: Dairyboy