FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

At my hunting camp now and sitting here in the dark across the street waiting on some creatures that have taken up residence under my camp. Shot the DRS more this evening. It’s a really nice gun. Hope the first shot thing irons itself out soon. I shot it without a mod because that’s how I’d like to hunt with it. It’s pretty loud. But it’s a good clean loud. They have things figured out with the air delivery. Or at least almost.

I would keep shooting it. At least 3 tins through it to see if it settles down. Meanwhile the real cause of this will eventually surface with a fix. My rifle started out of the box low and increased with each shot for about 8 Shots before leveling out. I haven’t shot it over a chrony lately but I do shoot it almost daily pesting and have not had an issue with POI with the first shot out to 40 yards. I blame my misses on the too light of trigger pull. Gun goes off before I want it to. But I’m getting bettermat it. Mine shoots Predator 16 grn incredible at over 1000 fps.

I would keep shooting it. At least 3 tins through it to see if it settles down. Meanwhile the real cause of this will eventually surface with a fix. My rifle started out of the box low and increased with each shot for about 8 Shots before leveling out. I haven’t shot it over a chrony lately but I do shoot it almost daily pesting and have not had an issue with POI with the first shot out to 40 yards. I blame my misses on the too light of trigger pull. Gun goes off before I want it to. But I’m getting bettermat it. Mine shoots Predator 16 grn incredible at over 1000 fps.
My gun would go off the second I got near the second stage. After I fixed the failure I adjusted it so I can actually feel the second stage wall. Took about an 1/8 turn CCW on the second stage screw.

Been doing some pesting with the Classic. There is one thing that I have to mention that is so refreshing with a conventional rifle compared to a bullpup. Scope height. Engaging close to medium range targets with a bullpup is a pain in the butt. We get used to it because we have no choice. But then you do the same style shooting with a conventional style rifle with a scope not towering over the bore and think my god, this is so easy.

Just a little update because there is another topic going on about slow first shots. My gun came set 2% below the plateau. I am not going to poke my reg with a stick by playing with it. I’m just going to continue shooting it and see if things improve with my first shot. Right now my DRS is competing with my Zbroia for a slot in my safe. The DRS has an advantage because it shoots an 18gr the speed my Zbroia shoots a 16gr. But as of now the DRS is lacking in the first shot category. Just to be clear, I think blowing off a few shots in the dirt before you shoot is absolutely BS. If I had to do it with the seven other brands of guns I own, there might be some validity to it. But I don’t. The DRS had been sitting 24 hours, 837, 853, 859, 864. Target velocity is the 865-870fps range. My Zbroia has been in the safe for six months, 856, 855, 862, 862. Target velocity is 860-865fps. I will give the gun more break in time before I just assume that this is an issue that FX just can’t overcome with their guns. WARNING!!! @MongooseV8 DO NOT LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!!!

View attachment 469379
Which model is your Zbroia? I don't recognize your scope, either.

Headed to my parents tomorrow. My dad is a walnut stock guru. I think he’ll like the DRS.

IMG_6066.jpeg

Thanks. I like the gun so I gave it some love. I had a Hawke scope on it but the dang thing is so light I had to dig into my bloated airgun scope stash and find something heavier. Never thought I would ever say that with an airgun. It’s a feather. Thinking about a heavier mod also. But I don’t want the gun to start handling weird.

Thanks. I like the gun so I gave it some love. I had a Hawke scope on it but the dang thing is so light I had to dig into my bloated airgun scope stash and find something heavier. Never thought I would ever say that with an airgun. It’s a feather. Thinking about a heavier mod also. But I don’t want the gun to start handling weird.
Wait, did you add a forend cap, sling studs, and refinish it? Your previous pic is a standard walnut?

Yes. Refinish, front swivel stud and some black paint. The wood is quite remarkable. I was staring at the gun while filling it a couple days ago and really took notice that it had some real nice grain. I wondered if I could get it to pop. It did. The picture doesn’t do it justice. F plastic.
What finish did you use it turned out great? Pics never catch the grain in a nice wood stock, so I can use my imagination.

The matte finish on the walnut stock doesn’t do justice for any grain on wood. It also doesn’t fill the grain which the Tru Oil does. Your faux nose cap looks great and is a lot easier than attaching a real one like I did. Nice job.. I also get what you say about the rifle being too light weight. My maple stock added about 7 ounces over the classic synthetic stock which helped but I’m thinking of adding some more weight in the forearm under the barrel . I am loving the conventional rifle feel of this DRS too.

I was getting nervous because it just kept sucking up the Tru Oil and it was very blotchy for a while. But it eventually started to even out. I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that its light weight makes for an active gun from the bench. But, it’s not a bench gun even though it’s so comfortable shooting it from the bags. I have to keep reminding myself of that when I start stretching the distance.