• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Anyone got there FX DRS in yet??

It is never fun to ruin something, let alone a whole production run.

I have done that :oops:
And i also found a issue with a colleagues work, also resulting in a whole batch of axles getting thrown out.

My problem is, my brain will not forget such experiences so that is with me until i cross the bifrost.

Putting a M8 hole where a 1/8" hole should have been, that's like mixing up metric and that antiquated measuring system.

Reactions: Frozenspyder
I get it. I don't know what they're thinking over at FX. I've only had my DRS for a week so it would seem that they're still shipping out guns with the m8 blocks. I'm sure they'll have quite a few unhappy customers. It would probably be in their best interest to get out ahead of it and find a way to make it right. But if they were interested in doing that, they would've just made the rifles right before rushing to ship them out. Or, at the very least, stopped shipping the rifles with m8 blocks once they realized there could potentially be an issue.
I dealt with this with the Krait when it was introduced. They just kept selling them with jacked up regs. FX guys chimed in on that topic like Airmaks was doing something that FX would never do. Or at least with FX’s stellar customer service, would fix instantly. Well here we are. We have soft fill probes, and a bunch of guns with a block that severely limits getting an accurate gauge. While others can easily try a different gauge. It’s what they all do. Make bank on inventory and hope only a small percentage have an issue and nobody gets injured with a quick connect to the face.

I have a bunch of brass fill probes from my China airguns. I’ve replaced them with with stainless probes when available. Dreamlines had brass probes but they were threaded. Guys complained but the reason for the threaded brass probe was so you can screw on a metal/durable male foster. The fill probe for the DRS, it says China to me. Will we all be contacted or just sent updated or proper parts? Absolutely not. The money is already in the bank and this will all be forgotten when the next cool gun is introduced. They all know this. Most people have very short attention spans today.

My theory on the M8 block is this. The people building the gun initially put the thread and gauge that came naturally to them. Until FX found out.

This is what I’m using to fill my gun until something safer is available. My probe was already chewed up when the gun arrived so I didn’t want to make matters worse constantly connecting and disconnecting from old softy.

IMG_6084.jpeg

Reactions: Frozenspyder
I dealt with this with the Krait when it was introduced. They just kept selling them with jacked up regs. FX guys chimed in on that topic like Airmaks was doing something that FX would never do. Or at least with FX’s stellar customer service, would fix instantly. Well here we are. We have soft fill probes, and a bunch of guns with a block that severely limits getting an accurate gauge. While others can easily try a different gauge. It’s what they all do. Make bank on inventory and hope only a small percentage have an issue and nobody gets injured with a quick connect to the face.

I have a bunch of brass fill probes from my China airguns. I’ve replaced them with with stainless probes when available. Dreamlines had brass probes but they were threaded. Guys complained but the reason for the threaded brass probe was so you can screw on a metal/durable male foster. The fill probe for the DRS, it says China to me. Will we all be contacted or just sent updated or proper parts? Absolutely not. The money is already in the bank and this will all be forgotten when the next cool gun is introduced. They all know this. Most people have very short attention spans today.

My theory on the M8 block is this. The people building the gun initially put the thread and gauge that came naturally to them. Until FX found out.

This is what I’m using to fill my gun until something safer is available. My probe was already chewed up when the gun arrived so I didn’t want to make matters worse constantly connecting and disconnecting from old softy.

View attachment 474412
To bad shipping is so expensive !
Screenshot_20240623_161512_Chrome.jpg

To bad shipping is so expensive
That is what i say every time i buy something in the states.
Actually for another hobby of mine ( scale RC 4x4 off-road cars ) buying something small alone is out of the question as shipping cost more, so constantly have to buy things i do not immediately need, or arrange a group buy with others.

BTW sending a parcel ( box with a Vulcan 3 in it ) from Denmark to Finland further up north, +90 USD and that is regular mail not some fancy smancy shipping company.

Reactions: Impact701
That has been my thought since page 10 of this topic. Or….. are half the guns being produced in FX’s factory and others coming out of a factory in Ping Pong China. I would like to see a guys gun with the true FX 1/8 gauge removed. Here’s mine. And there definitely is not a ton of material there. I want to see what’s different and why. @Ries, you claim to have a 1/8 gauge. Any pictures or your serial number compared to mine?

View attachment 474288
My DRS 22 700 came with the normal ⅛ thread
20240623_162627.jpg

20240623_162451.jpg

My 25 700 came with the M8 thread

Reactions: MongooseV8
To bad shipping is so expensive !
View attachment 474526
Yes, because of shipping, Huma is now at the bottom of my shopping list. I used to spend hundreds a month with them but those days are over. I now will only order from them out of sheer desperation. Why doesn’t FX just offer a probe built like a Dreamline probe as a safe durable replacement under warranty? There are different kinds of brass. The one that comes with the DRS is one step above lead.

IMG_6088.jpeg

I got an answer from FX regarding the thread manometer:

@thommytom Hi I have reached out to the factory to ask for some clarification on this . It seems due to very tight spaces the first batch of DRS rifles was indeed made with M8x1 threads. Afterwards they made it work and changed it back to 1/8 threads for all DRS rifles going out of the factory in Sweden now. Sekhmet reached out to me with the same question and explained them also. Tell them you spoke to Airbuks and they will help you out. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and me questioning the gauges Sekmeth send you .
Can someone help me figure out what’s going on here. The serial numbers and this email or whatever it is don’t line up.

22130xx = M8
22155xx = 1/8 bsp
22157xx = M8
22185xx = 1/8 bsp
22203xx = M8

Don‘t pee on my back and tell me it’s raining.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, and I'm still pretty unhappy with FX over this so I'm not trying to explain anything away for them.

That being said, my 22157xx and Impact701's 22203xx are both 25 caliber. I believe the other three are in 22. So maybe they changed the gauge threading between 22130xx and 22155xx on the 22 calibers, but later or not at all on the 25s?

But that doesn't really make any sense either because the blocks should all be the same regardless of caliber, right? And they should put the serial number on them before final assembly so they wouldn't necessarily know what caliber they'll end up as.

Maybe Airbuks is on FX’s spin committee. A simple explanation from FX themselves and what the options are for those of us stuck with their goof is all I’m asking. So simple and possibly so difficult. At least with the Krait deal, the company admitted the problem and sent us regs and blocks like we were sponsored shooters. This is really a simple issue and hopefully after all the RMAC madness is over it can be resolved easily. I personally don’t believe they will stick a customer with a block with threads they won’t even use. If the M8x1 blocks are good enough, why did they change them to 1/8? If they stuck with M8, we would have no argument.

When I contacted Delta Force after they announced the new chassis, they said Utah Airguns would be selling them .
I asked Utah once before and they did not volunteer any info. I sent them a message this morning asking about the Delta Force Chassis, again. No response yet but they had a big weekend, so I will be patient.

Maybe Airbuks is on FX’s spin committee. A simple explanation from FX themselves and what the options are for those of us stuck with their goof is all I’m asking. So simple and possibly so difficult. At least with the Krait deal, the company admitted the problem and sent us regs and blocks like we were sponsored shooters. This is really a simple issue and hopefully after all the RMAC madness is over it can be resolved easily. I personally don’t believe they will stick a customer with a block with threads they won’t even use. If the M8x1 blocks are good enough, why did they change them to 1/8? If they stuck with M8, we would have no argument.
It is a very interesting thought. Maybe why the DRS line is so cheap compared to other FXs. Not made in house??? Hopefully someone can clear it up from FX.