Anyone have any repair experience with a Vevor dual fan model 4500psi model?

My Vevor stopped building pressure, checked all the connections and the burst disk. Looks like I need to take it apart but with no manual or video's I don't want to just dive in. Anyone repaired one of these yet?

IMG_1731.jpg

Reactions: Air King
Very well could be. I used this compressor maybe 20 times for 3 min or less each time to fill my small PCP pistol tanks from 100 bar to 200 bar. I never let the temp on the gauge get over 115*F. I sold the compressor to a nice guy that was local and looking for a compressor. I told him these cheap Chinese compressors need to be babied. He had it about a week and called me to say it was no longer building pressure. He said he only ran it for small periods and let it cool and was only filling the small tank on his Notos and I believe him. I am just going to give him back his money and see if I can find the parts online or through Vevor. I will keep it to fill my small bottles or it will go in the trash.

Reactions: uladz
Very well could be. I used this compressor maybe 20 times for 3 min or less each time to fill my small PCP pistol tanks from 100 bar to 200 bar. I never let the temp on the gauge get over 115*F. I sold the compressor to a nice guy that was local and looking for a compressor. I told him these cheap Chinese compressors need to be babied. He had it about a week and called me to say it was no longer building pressure. He said he only ran it for small periods and let it cool and was only filling the small tank on his Notos and I believe him. I am just going to give him back his money and see if I can find the parts online or through Vevor. I will keep it to fill my small bottles or it will go in the trash.
That's very low hours even for a Chinese compressor to fail on its own, definitely a defective one. And it's an exceptional gesture that you took the compressor back after selling it, kudos! If you can't fix it, you might just give it away for parts if someone else has the same one here. Though, this shaft wear might be the common problem with these units.

Reactions: Raydee38
First contact with Vevor went about as expected....unit is 3 months out of warranty and there are no serviceable parts. I could literally fix it with parts in less than 20 minutes. I will not buy a single thing from this company again. Ohh well, live and learn. I am hoping if my CS4 dies I will be able to get parts for it.

Is that the lower housing that's scored? I think it's losing pressure there, right?

Is there any kind of automotive babbit material you can put in there? I think if you can seal that area it'll build pressure. And look at how it's assembled, I think between those four bolts, even the slightest misalignment caused that scoring. And you can't put any high pressure grease inside that chamber, not other than silicone based, I think. That piston though, it's scored badly, I think even if you get that lower washer replaced, it's going to leak around the piston, at least eventually.

You might see about getting a Tuxing cylinder, they sell them, perhaps it can replace that bad cylinder. Or there's summat like this, I found it after just a cursory search, so there's prolly others:

Last edited:
Well I am a bit shocked and will take back any bad info I said about Vevor. After emailing them a few times back and forth, here is the response I received from their tech department. The new cylinder does look like it has been changed a bit but it looks like it should work just fine. I guess I will see when it comes in.

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting VEVOR Support Center.

We have received the picture file you provided. After confirming, the problem of your product can be solved by replacing the cylinder parts, we will send you the corresponding parts for free, you can confirm it through the picture below, please wait for 10-15 days patiently, do you need to change the information of the delivery address of the parts?

If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
VEVOR Support Team

New Vevor Cylinder.jpg

Parts came yesterday, they included more than what was originally pictured. It looks like the mounting plate and the cylinders have been slightly redesigned. The temp probe also has been moved from the cooling fins to the cylinder head. The only thing they did not include is a fitting for the air intake, the old style was a small nipple that will not fit the new head. I sent them an email but I am sure I can fab something up that will work just fine.

IMG_1782.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg