anyone know how to remove mag release from sig m17?

im a lefty,
and on the sig m17 the magazine release button digs into my finger.

anyone know how to get the button out?

id like to remove it to be able to take the button to the belt sander to knock its profile down a bit.

on the right side the button has what looks like a keyed piece that fits in to lock it in place,
but i dont want to break it so thought id ask lol

I also have a lefty problem with my SIG p226 air pistol. In my case I keep releasing the mag with my trigger finger.

The p226's button assembly is held in place by the left hand grip. Remove the grip and the long button cylinder will start to dislodge and may actually fall out.

The long cylinder has the button on one end and a spring and guide peg on the other.

Hope this helps.

I also have a lefty problem with my SIG p226 air pistol. In my case I keep releasing the mag with my trigger finger.

The p226's button assembly is held in place by the left hand grip. Remove the grip and the long button cylinder will start to dislodge and may actually fall out.

The long cylinder has the button on one end and a spring and guide peg on the other.

Hope this helps.

the m17 isnt like the 226,its more the 320.

it doesnt have grip panels

20230415_071456.jpg

im a lefty,
and on the sig m17 the magazine release button digs into my finger.

anyone know how to get the button out?

id like to remove it to be able to take the button to the belt sander to knock its profile down a bit.

on the right side the button has what looks like a keyed piece that fits in to lock it in place,
but i dont want to break it so thought id ask lol
You could use a dremel tool to shape the button without removing it.

Out of curiosity, do you think it would work if you put it back in from the right side? If it does, that would save a lot of work.

thats what i tried initially,
i flipped it around and did just that,

and it seemed to work,
UNTIL i tried to put the magazine in it,
it wouldn't click into place,
assuming its designed to only be in there one way.

so took the piece down to the belt sander,
and now the button doesnt dig into my finger :cool: