AirMaks Arms Anyone know the max energy of Katran .22?

Which Katran? The subcompact, the compact, the standard or the long?

edited to add; Okay, I see from another post that you have the Katran Long...

I have been considering getting a Katran, so I've been jotting down the velocities and pellet used when available from reviews. I was looking at the long only in .25 caliber, so not exactly what you were looking for. But in case it will give you an idea, for the Katran Long in .25 caliber; JSB 25 grain-974 fps, JSB 34 grain-834 fps, FX 34 grain-878 and JSB 25 grain-920 fps. These are from different reviews which explains the discrepancy in velocity for the same pellet (different guns & tunes).

I did the same for the Katran 'Standard' in 22 caliber, so maybe this will help you more? JSB 18.13 grain-870 fps & the JSB Hades 16 grain-870 fps.
The Katran 'Standard' has a 15 3/4" barrel, while the 'Long' has a 20 1/2" barrel.

Hopefully someone that actually has a Katran Long in 22 caliber will come along and help you out.

Jerry

Last edited:
Mine is a Long, and it came factory tuned the way it is.
Now, I have to preface that statement. I was looking for a new airgun, and had no real prospects, so I perused the used airguns online. UA had this one, so I called and was told that it was new, and they wanted to advertise Airmaks at a shoot, so they took this rifle from stock, shot it at the shoot and then sold it as used. So, I have no idea that they might have tuned it. As I said, it seems to have a lot more to go on power, but I don't see the need for it right now.

So, if the .22 can go over 30fpe or so, I'm all in and will have one soon. I'd like to have a standard .22, (not long), so I'm guessing the max power would be a tiny bit less, but still well above what I'm looking for.

Thanks

My 22 caliber Caiman X (same mfg, different rifle) came tuned to shoot 18 grain at 940 fps maximum. Regulator is set at 100 bar. I've turned it down to about 890 fps with the hammer spring. Barrel is 510mm. I was surprised it got this kind of velocity from a 100 bar reg setting. I can get about 75 shots from a 3200 psi fill too. It can be filled to 300 bar but I rarely do. If the bottle will do it I fill to 250 bar or a bit more. It will shoot heavier pellets but it likes the 18s (H&N, not JSB).

Reactions: jerryd
My 22 caliber Caiman X (same mfg, different rifle) came tuned to shoot 18 grain at 940 fps maximum. Barrel is 510mm. I can get about 75 shots from a 3200 psi fill too. It can be filled to 300 bar but I rarely do.
For comparison... your Caiman X has the same barrel length (520mm) and air cylinder capacity (285cc) as the Katran Long. It's 8 1/2" shorter and weighs 1.2 pounds more.

Jerry

Reactions: Joedirt199
For comparison... your Caiman X has the same barrel length (520mm) and air cylinder capacity (285cc) as the Katran Long. It's 8 1/2" shorter and weighs 1.2 pounds more.

Jerry
I did not realize that. I looked hard at the Katran but I don't like really long guns and the barrel of the Katran seemed kind of short. So I bought the Caiman X. It's a nice gun and quite accurate.