• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid Anyone Recently Try a RAW MicroHunter in .177?

Not much positive to say here on AGN when the RAW MicroHunter initially became available. All the worse when Pyramyd Air put out the video on a .25 cal version, and it didn't (at least to me) perform very well. But .25 cal out of an 8.5" barrel???

Anyway I noticed that the .177 version was recently available as a "blem" at the RAW Outlet Store site for a more reasonable price (now shows OOS). And I didn't know whether anyone here on AGN had had a chance to shoot a MicroHunter in a more reasonable caliber (for an 8.5" barrel, .177 or .22), maybe with different results from the PA video?

I'm asking because some manufacturers will sell slow moving stock for a discount calling it 'blemished', just to clear some inventory. As such I wonder whether we might see more 'blem' MicroHunters show up on the RAW Outlet Store site.

I have a 177 version and like it a lot. There are a lot of options in that price range. I have no real negatives. Great build quality and it shoots good.

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1499.jpeg

...There are a lot of options in that price range...
Wisconsin AirGunners has a good review of the RAW MicroHunter .177.
Thanks guys.

I know that there are other options in the price range, but I have somehow fallen in lust with the MicroHunter. Partly the appearance of the overall package, and maybe since I like RAW triggers so much?

And that was a good review by Wisconsin AirGunners. Good to see that the MicroHunter is not too delicate for use in the field - at least once some Loctite gets applied!

Guess I have to keep watching the RAW Outlet Store...and hoping for more 'blems' to show up.

I would prefer a 12 inch barrel to achieve a full 20 fpe, otherwise, this is really a beautiful rifle.
Yeah, 20 fpe would be a nice power level, but would likely have to be wrapped up in a larger, heavier package.

But I think for a bit more power for hunting, RAW is going to market the Mini Hunter with a longer barrel.

Shooter1721 is pretty specific in explaining the small pests where he feels the MicroHunter is best suited, with a confirmation in his thinking from RAW. At about 6:35 in the video.

The Micro is micro. It’s a small lightweight rifle. Build quality at the top. If you want a quality, small, lightweight, accurate, carry around all day hunting rifle, then this is that rifle. It’s kind of a unique rifle that fills a nitch. most of my rifles, at least the ones I shoot, are full on target rifles. The micro has the quality of target rifles but a lot of fun to shoot. Mine is turned down to 12fpe as my primary reason for owning it is fun and I wanted to increase my shot count.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Reactions: TMH