AOA has a Daystate Huntsman package Good deal?

Looks like a great deal for sure. Especially with the mod and scope included at that price. However, that may be an non-regulated model. They had both regulated and non-regulated a few years ago, but now I believe the new offerings are all regulated when buying just the gun. Could be wrong on that, though.

So just a heads up that it may be a non-regulated version if that is important to you.

As an aside regarding the shirt that comes with it.... I find it a little odd that AoA would put an American flag and the quote "We the plinkers" (an obvious reference to "We the People") on a shirt shipping with a very very very British gun. Interesting choice :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm not sold on the Huntsman Regal/Revere in .25cal. They really shine in .22 and .177 with a wider range of ammo. The non-regulated version in .25 is a little underpowered and has a low shot count. I looked at the specs of the Revere (regulated version) in .25 and it puts out 38 ft.lbs with a 30 shot count. Assuming that's with 25.39gr JSB, velocity is around 820 fps. Most .25cal PCPs' are putting out around 44 to 47 fpe with JSB 25.39gr with a velocity of 880 to 920 fps.

The non-regulated "Harper Patent" with the Sling Shot valve is fool proof. I would choose the non-regulated FWIW.

If I was going to buy a .25 regulated Daystate I would get this one

This advice nails it.

Great deal on that Wolverine R HP .25 !

Huntsman go non-regged. I have a Huntsman currently non-regged. I have the Huma for it. I’ve used it both with and without the reg. Accuracy is the same. With the air tube being small, i think I get a slightly better shot count when its unregged.

Thank you for all the advice. I called Chris at Airguns of Arizona and purchased the Daystate wolverine.
While I love the Huntsman in all its incarnations, it's a tough sell for most (me included) in .25, due to both low shot count & low power for the caliber.
Definitely more shots with the Wolverine, & assuming it's the HP version, more power- enough to move into the heavier .25 pellets.
Hope you love your new toy!

Thank you for all the advice. I called Chris at Airguns of Arizona and purchased the Daystate wolverine.
You made a great decision.

The used .25 Wolverine R HP that you bought comes with a special LW polygonal rifling barrel with a slow twist rate - keeps pellets stable at higher velocities- velocities that the HP version can achieve. The regular Wolverine R doesn’t have this barrel.

Bottom line - it will kick ass at long range - have fun!

Dumb question but does that make it better for slugs or should they be avoided? and thank you can't wait to try it out.
Typically, a slow twist rate barrel is great for pellets, but sub-optimal for slugs.

The reason is that pellets are drag stabilized- basically, they are stabilized by their skirts - think badminton birdie.

Slugs are spin stabilized projectiles - think bullet. Therefore, slugs benefit from a faster twist rate barrel - more spin.

So, your Wolverine R HP with slow twist rate barrel will likely be more pellet than slug friendly - but you can always try some slugs - you never know till you try.

Reactions: T&J2002
I agree with other posts on the .25 power and shot count. The one place where the rifle stands out - and why I still have mine - is because it is a much lighter, sleeker gun for field carry than the Daystate bottle guns. It Is still my choice for roaming around the woods after fox squirrels. But you can honestly get more shots and power from a tuned Marauder, if you’re willing to put up with another pound or so of weight. The cost difference will get you nice glass and pellets.