Ataman AP16 assistance? Degassed...

Hi AGN friends!

I just bought an AP16 and was sighting in my red dot when pfffffft! I had just closed up the adjustment turrets because it was hole-on-hole and gettign ready to enjoy evaporating bullseyes when the air decided to escape.

The trigger seems frozen... tried adding a bit of air, and it leaks out as fast as I can fill it.

The last time I saw something like this happen (with my Huben GK1) - the trigger spring had broken. I hope that's not the case here, because I haven't been able to locate ANY spare parts.

I'd sincerely appreciate hearing others' experiences with this failure and an offer of troubleshooting steps.

I'm not inept and can follow instructions, so your breath won't be wasted.

Looking forward to getting her back running again - fun awaits.

Happy to offer some compensation if necessary for the help.

🙏 -- Mark

P.S. I already checked the barrel for obstructions - no pellets in there.

Hehe... So the min is about 100 BAR Mike, is that your experience?

On yours, how many shots did you get before having to re-fill?

Thanks brother!
Don't know, don't count. I just stop and refill at 125 or 150 BAR, and go back to it.
No way that I can count the number of shots. I'd lose count at the first magazine ! too many distractions.

I don't know why...people make such a BIG DEAL...out of "shot count". Just keep an eye on the pressure gauge. Isn't that one reason that it's there ?

Mike

Reactions: rootdude
Don't know, don't count. I just stop and refill at 125 or 150 BAR, and go back to it.
No way that I can count the number of shots. I'd lose count at the first magazine ! too many distractions.

I don't know why...people make such a BIG DEAL...out of "shot count". Just keep an eye on the pressure gauge. Isn't that one reason that it's there ?

Mike
It’d be easier to do that if I didn’t have to point it at my dome to find out. I’ll keep a close eye on it next time.