Are all CO2 cartridges the same

Great video, thank you for sharing
You are welcome.
Are there Co2 cartridges that are better than others, conversely, are there others that I should stay away from?
Well I did not do a review of all Co2 cartridges (wow a lot of work)! Just the only ones I use for myself.
However my opinion is fine the least expensive cartridges that are clean and work well in whatever Co2 gun(s) you use.
I do not accept any money from C02 Manufactures and they do not pay me nor do I profess any association with any Co2 or Airgun manufactures.
Just my opinion and knowledge on what I use.

Last edited:
Opened up 2 Crosman CO2 cartridges with a plumbing pipe cutter (no chips).
Both were clean inside with zero particulate of any kind. One had a small rust spot most likely process water from manufacturing.
I swabbed both interiors pretty thoroughly with a wooden sticked swab and as shown in photo, the swab was black. It felt like lubricant from the drawing process.

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

Opened up 2 Crosman CO2 cartridges with a plumbing pipe cutter (no chips).
Both were clean inside with zero particulate of any kind. One had a small rust spot most likely process water from manufacturing.
I swabbed both interiors pretty thoroughly with a wooden sticked swab and as shown in photo, the swab was black. It felt like lubricant from the drawing process.

View attachment 396262

View attachment 396263

View attachment 396264
Were the Co2 cartridges already used, for example used and then left empty for a time so the rust could form on the inside? The cartridges I opened were just expended then cut open. I ask because cartridges that are left lying around or used in a container will rust on the inside is a short period of time.

Were the Co2 cartridges already used, for example used and then left empty for a time so the rust could form on the inside? The cartridges I opened were just expended then cut open. I ask because cartridges that are left lying around or used in a container will rust on the inside is a short period of time.
Less than an hour.