• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Are sellers getting scammed?

I'm on my way to my 10 posts before I get to the classifieds, just checking for what I should look out for as a seller? Can buyers somehow take back their payment?
yes scammers are everywhere ! that is why i only deal face to face / cash . Now i just did a trade , gun for gun and we both sent our trades the same day to each other , i trusted him and he trusted me . Kind of blind faith . which is how ALL deals here should go , but most people are not that trusting in their fellow man . Shame the world is that way .
Stan in KY.

Everything can be faked, money orders, cashiers checks etc. I usually base my deals on communication with individual, have done hundreds of deals in traditional archery online and got burned twice. Have bought/sold a bunch as in over a hundred muzzleloaders online and have never had a issue and thousands of dollars in compound bows/accessories etc with no issues.
Was on the Fun Supply /Yellow, GTA forums and did a lot of deals with zero problems, but its a lot harder anymore as there's a lot more scammers who make their money scamming. Best thing is just to use good judgement and to not want something so bad you throw common sense to the wind, if you get a bad vibe walk away there's always another one for sale.

I had a member reach out to me for a WTB ad I have up. They had been dormant for awhile and it felt fishy. I almost sent the money but I googled their Gmail name and sure enough they were a scammer on a firearms forum.

I reported to the mods and they confirmed the account had been hacked by someone with a Nigerian IP address!

Careful who you deal with guys!

More likely to get scammed as a buyer than seller. Unfortunately as a new member no one knows who you are, no history of honest transactions, no feedback from other long time members, etc. It takes time & desire to build a healthy reputation & history here. If one is in a rush to sell & has no reputation, that in itself would make me look elsewhere. Just the way it is.

I apologize for my transgressions. I suppose going for the most generic thing wasn't the best call considering how skeptical people can be here.

Where else could one list for in-person?
you can list here for in person dealing . but you need to list where you are up front , just city state would be fine , That way someone would know If they would be willing to travel .

you now have three posts on the way to 10.

Paypal FF and postal money order is probably the safest. DeanB is right that communication is the biggest thing and how they conduct themselves when talking to you.
PayPal Friends and Family offers no purchase protection
In fact, no protection whatsoever
You are simply giving someone your money as you would with Venmo and ZELLE

Reactions: Plink Floyd
PayPal Friends and Family offers no purchase protection
In fact, no protection whatsoever
You are simply giving someone your money as you would with Venmo and ZELLE
If you use pp to purchase a airgun its the same as using FF as paypal offers no protection for purchasing air rifles. They told me they are in same category as firearms and if you use pp your on your own. I called them 3-4 yrs ago to specifically ask about this and thats the answer the lady gave me. Dont believe there has been any change to their policy, so if you tell them you got burned on a air rifle more then likely they will say sorry we cant help you.
If anyone has any different info would like to hear it.

If you use pp to purchase a airgun its the same as using FF as paypal offers no protection for purchasing air rifles. They told me they are in same category as firearms and if you use pp your on your own. I called them 3-4 yrs ago to specifically ask about this and thats the answer the lady gave me. Dont believe there has been any change to their policy, so if you tell them you got burned on a air rifle more then likely they will say sorry we cant help you.
If anyone has any different info would like to hear it.
I've heard and read this as well. Venmo is also owned by PP, so I'm sure they'd do the same.

Reactions: daddypaddy