Are the Chinese going to bounce the European stuff?

Well the cost will dictate it all in the end. I know the ole saying quality cost money. But with the advent of modern
CNC machining we are seeing things becoming very quality at a lower prices. I think this industry is no differant
than the rest. Look at the accuracy of the Avenger, it can out shoot many guns that are priced much higher.

🪰Fly

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Something, opposite of the current trend, happened since this thread started. I tried out the AEA 50.5, Zan Br50, and JSB 50.1, .30 pellets in my AAA Paradigm, and the JSB absolutely smoked them. The JSB left a hole and the other two spread out over an inch at 53y, that's crap in the AAA. I know that I could most likely tune the gun to the pellets, all to say, it is not a slam dunk that the new consistent weight pellets will shoot better either. Still have to test everything.

Reactions: rangur1
Promised I'd do it . Pushed a patch on jag through the barrel of my .177 Vixen .The barrel has recently been polished and waxed and has since only seen JTS 10.4s. I am on the 5th tin at present accuracy is spot on. Patches look good just some lead dust by the third patch there was no sense in pushing another. I also ran a borescope down the barrel it looked nice and clean didn't see any leading issues . Patch 1 & 2 under magnification.
mir_20240731_132410.jpg
mir_20240731_132345.jpg

I didn't realize this thread was about "pellets" but just so happens I tested some JTS 18 gr pellets yeaterday....My friend has been pestering me to try them...I had no idea where they were made. I was skeptical from the word go as I'm "satisfied"....Nay...more than satisified with JSB pellets in all of my airguns....Crosman domes fill in nicely for cheaper plinking ect. Note these groups I shot yesterday at 52 measured yards in dead calm heat and humidity, was using the Styer Pro X...the JTS 18's were first than the JSB 18's (bless them) that is a ..350" CC group out of a semi auto at 52 yards. I can duplicate that preformance (and have done so many times) with my Taipan Veteran, Wolverine. 177 and my Bobcat .25. It would take a lot to pry me away from JSB's...With groups like that...routinely...I'm good...can't shoot any better than that anyway.
1000003420.jpg
1000003422.jpg

I think that what has been shown in the past year or so is that it is anyone's game to win or lose at. Shooters just want the most accurate ammo period. Complacency is not going to be rewarded by anybody. If you are number one now, the only way to stay there is to stay the best. I know most shooters would rather buy American, but at the end of the day no competitor is going to use anything other than the most accurate ammo they tested, regardless of origin.

I've only tested a few JTS and no AEA pellets. I probably should test some more. I have sorted JSB and H&N pellets both for weight and head size. I have seen point of impact and accuracy changes from head size changes. I have not seen point of impact or accuracy changes from sorting pellets by weight. It does not seem as important in my guns. I normally only shoot to 35 yards or less, however. It may make more differences at long ranges. JSB charging what they charge and being as inconsistent in weight as they seem to be these days is a bit annoying but I don't think it's hurting the accuracy in my guns.

I think that the Chinese government has the ability to make pellets better and/or cheaper than JSB and H&N but I doubt they will do it. Maybe they already are and I just haven't used enough to notice. But I suspect they will make pellets good enough to get some market share and not worry much about making the best possible pellets. They are doing this to make money. The others are too but I think they are more emotionally invested in making the best product they can.
China has already begun cloning the shape of the Zan projectile

I agree - long term quality control is always the key question. Chinese suppliers tend to focus on holding cost without increase and cutting quality to make ends meet. Euro and US suppliers tend to let cost increase while holding quality. (Household appliances being a major exception).

As for quality, I did shoot a 200 score (actually 240) on a 30-yard challenge target using JTS 22.07's. So the consistency is there at least some of the time.
A bench rest shooter, consistent quality is crucial. While most companies offer products within a certain tolerance range, it may not always be sufficient. Smaller-scale manufacturers have the ability to tighten these tolerances and cater more closely to a shooter's specific needs for their setup. An example of this is Tim Swan.

Reactions: dgeesaman
Interesting. I for one am not going back to JSBs. All my guns prefer the JTS 18gr definitely over the JSBs. And consistency wise is not even a competition. I haven't noticed any difference in barrel cleanliness out of my guns. And hardness wise I wouldn't say they are CPHP hard. They are more in line with H&N which falls between JSB and CPHPs. I probably avg .33" groups at 50yds with these pellets out of my Taipan Long. My Taipan Short isnt much behind that probably .45" avg. I can't beat that with anything. I will say I had given up on JSB 18gr a few yrs back due to inconsistency and found the 16gr better. Still not great but better. They had my money for years and it was theirs to lose. Got tired of wondering if the next tin I opened was gonna be as good as the last or just how many are gonna be bent up. So far 2 big orders with the JTS a year apart and pellets shoot the exact same and same skirt thickness, depth, everything. I'm happy. If JTS/AEA keeps up the consistency I'd see no reason to change. JSB would really need to tighten things up for me to consider going back.

Interesting. I for one am not going back to JSBs. All my guns prefer the JTS 18gr definitely over the JSBs. And consistency wise is not even a competition. I haven't noticed any difference in barrel cleanliness out of my guns. And hardness wise I wouldn't say they are CPHP hard. They are more in line with H&N which falls between JSB and CPHPs. I probably avg .33" groups at 50yds with these pellets out of my Taipan Long. My Taipan Short isnt much behind that probably .45" avg. I can't beat that with anything. I will say I had given up on JSB 18gr a few yrs back due to inconsistency and found the 16gr better. Still not great but better. They had my money for years and it was theirs to lose. Got tired of wondering if the next tin I opened was gonna be as good as the last or just how many are gonna be bent up. So far 2 big orders with the JTS a year apart and pellets shoot the exact same and same skirt thickness, depth, everything. I'm happy. If JTS/AEA keeps up the consistency I'd see no reason to change. JSB would really need to tighten things up for me to consider going back.
Try some of Tony fl https://tonyfl.com.co/collections/all