• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Are there local places to sell an airgun?

So far as I know I'm in the same boat in central Indiana. Only shop that sold PCP is gone, owner passed away. None of the powder burners shops within an hour will touch the things and the only gun shows are a travelling one that for the most part are all those same shops with a smattering of different individuals.
One option my most local shop will do is consignment on gun stuffs they don't directly sell themselves. Or as the above post said, take it to a show and make sure you advertise it's for sale and see if you can find a taker.

If anyone knows of any PCP dealers in Indiana, I'd like to know. Wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the search results weren't throttled or hidden entirely anymore.

Methinks the only folks you can sell airguns to are fellow enthusiasts. Where I live, everyone is a deer hunter and doesn't give a crap about anyhing but deer rifles or shotguns to shoot ducks. They don't care about competition either. LGS has some airguns but typically cheap break barrels just to satisfy their distributor. I don't have any problem selling on this forum and shipping them. I just like to research the buyer and how long he's been a member. Sometimes a new member could be a scammer.

You can put an ad on Craigslist if you want local sales. But the audience may be small in many areas. I’ve sold PCPs on there before. It is nice to do it in person and I’ll even set it up so they can shoot the gun beforehand and get a demo on basic operation.
Maybe things have changed on craigslist, But...

I was really into recurves and longbows, was continually looking for more pull weight as the kids aged. I would advertise to buy them and to sell them, finally gave up on craigslist, as the dingbats would turn my ads in - since I was selling or buying a "weapon", and my ads would continually get removed.

YMMV

Jerry

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers