Are you shooting right or left handed? Or both?

I am normally shooting right handed but since young I learned to shoot left handed as well. Not as good but I can help myself. This week I had a small accident and my right arm is in plaster and will be for some weeks if not longer. So, now the left handed shooting that I did learn will come in handy, I must just concentrate and practice more to be accurate. Tomorrow will be the first time in a long time I will be shooting left handed. Even typing here on the computer takes longer as I can only use one hand.

I taught myself to shoot lefty im normally a right but its difficult to shoot righty out of a vehicle. When i was a kid taught myself to make it easier to shoot gophers on the gravel roads while road hunting on the way home from school but that was 35 or so years ago im sure jonnie law would not be impressed by todays standards. And yes we all had guns hanging in the back windows of pickups of course truck unlocked lol but that was then

I'm Right handed, Right eyed but have always practiced using both hands.

Our dominant hand/eye combination always works best but people are "weak" on the non-dominate side mostly from lack of practice rather than any physical or optical limitation.

Off-hand skills are quick to learn if you practice doing every day simple things (like stirring you coffee, eating, shaving) with your off-hand.

As motor skills improve and going-opposite doesn’t feel awkward anymore you can move on to using tools. Takes a bit of effort but it's often useful.

Cheers!

I’m right handed and left eye dominant. My left eye also has crisper vision.

I never understood why “right handed” shooters use their weaker arm to aim the gun. (Maybe because racking the bolt requires dexterity?)

So I switched last year and aside from it being a little awkward setting up seated shots, it’s better for me. I’m also a little less comfortable in the scope eye box but to be fair my scopes are mostly oversized competition scopes with fussy eye boxes.

You guys shoot with your hands?

1726370371468.gif

I’m right handed and left eye dominant. My left eye also has crisper vision.

I never understood why “right handed” shooters use their weaker arm to aim the gun. (Maybe because racking the bolt requires dexterity?)

So I switched last year and aside from it being a little awkward setting up seated shots, it’s better for me. I’m also a little less comfortable in the scope eye box but to be fair my scopes are mostly oversized competition scopes with fussy eye boxes.
Also left eye dominant, was taught at an early age to shoot right handed. Just recently have started shooting left handed. It seems much more natural with my eye dominance. I suspect I will shoot both in the end.

Reactions: dgeesaman