Arken EPL4 or…?

Im thinking about giving the ELP 4 a try. Ive got a SROD im selling and thinking ill get a dreamline to replace it. My buddy has 3 arkens and loves em. He shoots em out to 1K on his long range rifles and they track well.
I am not unhappy with my ELP, glass is clear, I love the turrets, the illumination works fine, back it out, turn on the lights and the reticle is fine. I'm trying very hard not to buy a 3rd one.

I have a 4-16x50 SH4 Gen2 and really like it. Is a big scope though. Have a 4-20x50 Helos BTR Gen2 and prefer it better. Just preference. I'd like to get my hands on one of these EPL4s though. I think I'd really like them.

Someone mentioned Helix and I don't think there in the same category. I had one of the first batches in the states and they it was trash compared to these scopes. I never sent a scope back before but did on that one. They got me with the marketing on that one and never again.

I’m currently in the process of getting properly set up and dialed in…
81FF7C04-4FD1-41C0-A903-457ED3949D46.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought 4-16 epl4 and returned it the same day. Glass clarity was decent, reticle - definitely strong point of the scope, parallax setting was not working properly - there was a dead gap on the turret. Going down (or up) changed parallax but if I wanted to fine adjust it up nothing happened for ~20y. There was also a glue on the objectives glass and scope. QC failed in this case.

I bought 4-16 epl4 and returned it the same day. Glass clarity was decent, reticle - definitely strong point of the scope, parallax setting was not working properly - there was a dead gap on the turret. Going down (or up) changed parallax but if I wanted to fine adjust it up nothing happened for ~20y. There was also a glue on the objectives glass and scope. QC failed in this case.
Wow! Mine was perfect. Did they replace it for you? Or refund?

From my understanding of many arken reviews the benefits are tracking and recticle. Both very good. But for the price point,its not great glass quality, OK, useable.... But not your high-end Japanese glass or high end Leopold night force ect.. So the 4-16 range is much more useable than higher magnification 6-24. Higher powers need better glass. For the money ,I'd take a chance. My experience with night force bench rest scopes were excellent glass reliable tracking.but I still tore the tracking out of multiple night force be scopes when using them. This arken probably has better tracking than many other high end scopes but the glass isn't magic for the price point .
I find the 24 usable it does have a bit more abboration but if its bright day out an object aint snow white you can use the 24 if you keep your eye steady perfectly alligned I like the x24 for detail I plink pinecones an stuff an I can see exactly where I hit Im about to buy 3 epl4s just dont know I think atleast 1 will be 4x16

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I had an Arken SH4 6-24 , though the turrets are very nice and repeatable on them and the glass at 16x and lower is ok but once you get above that the glass goes downhill really fast. 24x is pretty much unusable on them.
What how come I find my self using 24x on sunny day an what not when you are steady an its a bright day out sun shining on targets its usable yea
The Athlon Midas-Tac will blow all of these away.
Right now I can buy 3 arken epl4 6x24 for that same price of 1 midas tac 5x25, I do like athlon I got athlon midas binoculars 8x42 an they are very sharp athlon knows how to do glass.