Arken EPL4 or…?

Athlon Helios 4x20 .. would be my choice and I have 4 ep5 and one of the old ep4 .. 4x14 . but I really like my Helios 4x20 .. so much another one is coming soon..and is only $100+ more ..
Too bad I could only buy 2 for the price of 4 arkens an I got 5 guns so little problem few will have to lack or il have to unmount the helos to use it but im trying to have all my guns ready with some decent quality glass as I plan on using all 5 on a pretty ragular basis so I cant leave 2 of my guns with a cv life or monstrum thats just not right, if I spent all my funds that will be my option or a red dot, I also aint tryna fiddle around switching relevling scope over if say I had both mounted in pic and aea guns are dovetail id have to re level mount it all over again I cant seem to find the helos under 600 usd with 660 from amazon to the door almost exactly double the price of a 6x24x50 epl4 while its on sale right now, Well anyway I finally made up my mind, Cant find anything in this price range that will perform the tasks same tasks pretty much the same or 95% of the way, The thing is I can get a quantity of these at the price its at a slap em on all my guns, This buy should keep me outta the scope market for a while I got 5 epl4s now 3, 6x24 for varmint target plinking oriented work , And 2, 4x16 for more hunting oriented/real world practical use Il run 4x16 on my blitz an, the other 4x16 on like an aea backpack gun for hunting an the rest for longer precision guns like my 2 avengers and 1 aea varmint. Cant wait till that big box is at the door. Check those savings $458 I think I hit the sale alright.

32r.PNG

Last edited:
I've been eyeing the Arken scopes myself. Until, I found the below review. It's weird that many reviews don't mention it or maybe they miss it by only testing in one type of light conditions. That said, the Athlon line of scopes are probably a better choice for those that are bothered by chromatic aberration and require additional detail in bright sunlight conditions. Given time Arken will probably climb up the value chain ladder so its worth watching them.

-Marty

PS. The comment above is referencing the SH and not EP line of scopes. Its possible that the EP and EPL line has better glass.

Last edited:
I just ordered a EPL-4 6x24 I thought I would give Arken another try,, I tried a few that would not focus down to 30 yards , Said they would but did not, I sent them back,
Mike
I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised. I just mounted my rifle in its tripod, focused on a tree leaf 10 yds out my window. It was nicely in focus at 6X and 16X. I have the 4-16 EPL-4

Got my 4-16 epl4 yesterday. Haven’t had chance to mount it yet, but glass seems clear so far. Not sure it’s leaps and bounds over my other stuff though. I’m still a huge fan of the athlon Midas tac.
I will say the fact that it’s lighter than my sh4 puts the sh4 on the chopping block. The sh4 is a hell of a scope, but I walk mostly, so light weight is more important. This epl4 is in the same weight and size category as my Midas tac, but its illuminated reticle puts it one step ahead. We’ll see once mounted if the glass is that much better or not….to be continued…..

I was looking at the Vector Veyron, Athlon, West hunter and Hawke. Then after hearing about the sale on the Arkens it seemed like the best bang for the buck. Plus most owners seem to like their Arkens.
Bucks aside, my top choice would be the Athlon Heras available in either SFP or FFP. I prefer SFP. I have two Arken SH4s and like them very much. I bought an EPL and liked it too except it only focuses down to 13 yards and is FFP.

Bucks aside, my top choice would be the Athlon Heras available in either SFP or FFP. I prefer SFP. I have two Arken SH4s and like them very much. I bought an EPL and liked it too except it only focuses down to 13 yards and is FFP.

I just checked mine again and used a tape to measure 10 yards . Your right it's not perfectly in focus but mine will be for hunting and some target shooting so a crystal clear focus at 10 yards isn't a big issue for me. I could understand that a FT competition shooting at 10y, it wouldn't be the best choice . I only spend enough time at 10y to learn my holdover .