Arken recent sale 25% off im breaking the bank a bit

Ya boutta get some fx element fanboys mad 🤣
Not many Element fanboys here actually. But you asked what other scopes compare to the Arkens and a Helix is one of the few. If you were to look at the Helix objectively and compare it to the scopes we had 10 years ago it would blow everything away, even at 4x the price. We are spoiled now for budget scopes and everybody expects USO/NF quality for the price of a steak dinner.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I've got two Arkens a SH4 34mm tube on my Maverick .25 VP and a EPL 30mm on my FX Maverick Compact, I bought them separately with all of the goodies and used the Navy Seal Foundation donation, saved a bundle. I've got some Element Titians that these replaced. I much prefer the turrets to the Elements and the optics just work better for me. I can't explain it but I can do more precise shooting with the Arkens. Zero drift no matter what stupid thing I've done. Their rings are perfect. Which reminds me, I need to sell the Elements.

I ordered a Arken sh4, 34mm and then realized it's minimum parallax adjustment is 25 yards . I sent an email asking to cancel my order . But if they don't catch it I'll find a home for it. My intention was to use it on the Maverick so 25y might be ok. Now I'm wondering if I should cancel my cancel. Doh

Has anyone used the 4-16 sh4g2 closer than 25 yards ? Does it get real blury at only 15-20 yards ?

Last edited:
I ordered a Arken sh4, 34mm and then realized it's minimum parallax adjustment is 25 yards . I sent an email asking to cancel my order . But if they don't catch it I'll find a home for it. My intention was to use it on the Maverick so 25y might be ok. Now I'm wondering if I should cancel my cancel. Doh

Has anyone used the 4-16 sh4g2 closer than 25 yards ?
Not recently, I do a basic sighting at 10 yards or so, get on paper then start moving out, For 25 to 35 I use a red dot with a 3x magnifier.

Has anyone used the 4-16 sh4g2 closer than 25 yards ? Does it get real blury at only 15-20 yards ?
sh4 gen 2 focus minimum is 20 yards, Although it seemed like it was 18 or 19 yards.

Reactions: Headshots
How do you like yours ? 18-19y would work. Thanks
Was my brothers I sold it for him some guy from Chile came to us for a buisness meeting an took the chance to buy an arken as they dont ship outside usa, He told me to ship it to the hotel beforehand an he flew back to chile with his arken in hand everyone at the range in chile gonna look at the scope like its made of gold 🤣 He was really happy with it. But my brother was planning on gettin the epl4 once its on sale, I remember sh4 was like the ep5 just a bit less glass, Its a good scope bit bulky for huntin but not as much as ep5.

Reactions: Headshots
Damn that one is heavy im selling mine its not bad its just for precision rifle not as well for hunting a big con was my yard was only 20 yards so I would never be able to focus down its far range scope if your not doing a lot of moving maybe pitched on a hill or off a truck. You do you though.
Hi ! Billions here. This is my first time in airgun nation and Im new to the hobby, i like it so far :D.

My goal is to practice prs and hunt small to medium game.
I´d like to start the hobby by buying 1 pcp rifle, 1 scope, 1 rangefinder and 1 chronograph once in my life time or as long lasting as possible before stuff breaks (stop spending that cash money $ and pay rent vibes :ROFLMAO:).

This is my shopping list so far:
Panthera fx 700 mm barrel, .25 cal.
Arken EP5 or EPL 4
Fx pocket chrono v2
Maven CRF.1 - 6X22 | 5-2400 YD or Leupold RX-1600 or tidewe budget option ?
slugs (not a clue which ones are right)

This list is made by me and my knowledge base on research i made. Im really not so sure what im doing.

My plan: I´ll start by practicing prs (350 yards max?) and eventually when i can afford it i´ll start buying parts to convert the panthera fx 700 mm .25 cal to a compact (shorter barrel, maybe folding AR stock, maybe change calibers, tanks etc...) for hunting and back to the original for prs, but using the same scope on both hunting and prs. Tell me, am i delusional? 🫣

So... my questions are:
What is the minimum focusing distance in the EP5? and for EPL 4 (i believe you said 15-20 yds?)?

Which scope would you guys recommend for my profile use (hunting and prs at 350 yards max)?

Any other comments or tips on my plan?

Im open minded to constructive criticism and other recommendations or ideas. They would be greatly appreciated before I purchase stuff i can´t return.

Thank you guys for the support and information. Im looking forward to being part of the community and hopefully contributing cool stuff to it too 😎.

Not everyone can drop 1k+ on scopes, get out of your bubble lol.
Not everyone can comprehend that the hobby of air guns is very expensive no matter what you buy. You missed my entire point, then bumped an old zombie thread just to personally attack me. Dont worry Im not the type to go running to the mods, but I think you need some time to reflect and mature. I have never, and will never spend $1k on a scope. But I also have the capacity to understand what your money can get you, and what kind of garbage scopes are on the market. Scopes are very expensive, thats a fact. In the scope market/industry $500 is still the bottom tier. I have tried just about every scope that is halfway popular and I am speaking from experience, not repeating some internet science. These days you can get a solid scope for under $500 that will last you forever and perform outside where it matters. But people have this strange out of touch idea that a $100 Bug Buster is the same or better than an Arken, or Element, or Leupold, or S&B or whatever. Its just not true. I dont see why you would claim my statement is a "low iq comment". Maybe there is a language barrier or something, or you just dont have enough perspective when it comes to scopes lol. You didnt offer any other kind of advice or info, or further the discussion in any way. You just needed to insult me for some reason, even though we have never spoken before and you dont know anything about me. Crazy they keep insisting Americans are the rude ones......lol.....

I have a EPL4 6-24 on my P35-22, my most accurate air rifle. The adjustments are much more precise than any of my other scopes but they are all less expensive than the Arken so that is not surprising. I thought glass was similar to my Athlon Talos 6-24 but with more use I think it is clear the Arken is better. The one thing I do not like is the combination of a thin reticle and first focal plane. 6X is unusable in my opinion. Cannot see the reticle even with illumination. 8x will work sometimes and 10X pretty much all the time. But I do not want 10X for short range pesting/hunting. I think the 6-24 is better for target shooting but the 4-16 should be better for hunting. Reticle should begin to be useful at 6X is my guess. Wish they offered a SFP.

Not many Element fanboys here actually.
I am. A Helix 6-24x50. The scope and a set of Warne 514M rings for $400 shipped. Very satisfied, very clear glass. It sits on a CZ 452 UL.

Bill

IMG_1542.jpg

Reactions: MongooseV8
To Mr. Billions, the things I would definitely change on your list is the chronograph and the rangefinder. The $30 chinese chronographs work so well I cannot imagine spending $200+ for the FX. I'm sure it has nice features but it should at nearly 10X the price. I suspect nearly all the rangefinders we buy are made at the same factory in china and different names put on them. I think mine is a "bushnell" but I bought it mainly because it was pretty low in price. Works fine. I would not spend twice as much on one with what you think is a better brand. No experience with FX but I would be sure you like shooting long guns before buying the panthera. I found out I really prefer short ones but only had to spend $300 on an Avenger to learn that. I also question whether an ultra adjustable FX is a great starter gun but it's your money. The ability to change calibers and barrels easily is a neat feature. The Avenge X can also switch calibers (and much more cheaply), is easily adjustable, and can be reconfigured into a tactical or bullpup from a traditional. Probably 1/3 the price.

For a scope I like my Arken EPL4 6-24 as long as you don't need to use it at 6X. The reticle is great for target work, just too thin to be easily visible at low powers in low light. 4-16 is undoubtedly better at 6X where I like to hunt/pest if 16 is enough for your target shooting it could be a pick. Athlon scopes are also good in my experience, you could pick one out in your price range and be pretty confident you are getting a good scope. I like 6-24s on airguns but prefer second focal plane. Most of my scopes cost about $200 and the only scope I've purchased for an airgun that was unusable was a bug buster (it's closer to $100). But for $200 you do not get the same image quality as a more expensive scope and your adjustments can be a bit of an adventure. But I don't think you need to spend $500 either but I haven't done it and maybe I would think differently if I ever do. But my $330 Arken adjusts extremely well and has pretty good glass.

You need to budget for an air source too (probably about $400 minimum unless you want to take a chance) and at least several hundred dollars for projectiles to try - especially if you want to shoot slugs. It's worth knowing what shoots well for others but it is no guarantee they will shoot well in your gun.

Reactions: Billions
I am. A Helix 6-24x50. The scope and a set of Warne 514M rings for $400 shipped. Very satisfied, very clear glass. It sits on a CZ 452 UL.

Bill

View attachment 409164
I have a Helix as well, and I really like it. But looks like you own other brands so I wouldnt classify you as a "fanboy". A true fanboy would never own anything other than said brand and talk trash about other scopes. So that would make me.....a wanna-be-Arken fanboy....hahah.