Arken SH-4 Gen2 6-24x50. My Experience.

I was fortunate enough to receive a brand new Arken to play with a while back........but I had to send it back as the eyepiece focus ring was apparently bonded in place. It took a while to receive the replacement due to all of the suply-chain nonsense I suppose. Finally did get the replacement and have been using it as my long range scope. Was actually the one I took to compete with at EBR. 

I am no scope snob or expert, but will try to convey my thoughts either way. First impressions....This thing is a tank! The turrets seem/are huge. They kinda remind me of when my brother first bought his Weber Smokey Mountain (R2D2) 22" Smoker. It was massive! But the funny thing about it was that the more we used the smoker, the smaller it got, and basically when I see the smaller sizes now, they seem very small. This may be a good thing or a bad thing for anyone in particular, depending on the individual. I have personally grown used. to them. 

So far, the only negatives that I have to say is the obvious lack of quality control on that first one. Someone may have put too much epoxy in the right place and locked the ring. While this kinda thing happens, I personally think that it should have not passed inspection and shipped out like that. I also had to buy my own batteries for the illuminated reticle. I was told something about making shipping process much easier if you don't have batteries inside the box. 

You will need a set of 34mm rings, I did not have any of these so I opted for a cheaper, but cool looking one piece UTG set. This was a mistake. First, the rail at the bottom does not allow the scope to rotate completely so that it can be leveled, Second, not sure if the size of the scope has anything to do with it or not, but I did not have enough elevation out of the system to reach different target distances. In short, I had to buy adjustable rings, I think I went with the FX branded 34mm rings & they worked out just fine. 

To me the scope if very crisp and clear. I used it with great success at EBR, after I realized I had it set on low power. Don't judge, was my first time competing, ever and my nerves were a bit on edge. Once I realized my mistake, I was able to almost hit the head of the "Pellet Challenge" target at 75 yards using this scope, my @kalibrgun PT Cricket, and my mad skills! LOL Actually, I was told to get as close as possible without touching it, this of coarse was wrong, but I hit exactly where I intended. I held my own at the actual targets as well, but my mistake from the first day cost me dearly, albeit, awesome experience and something learned. 

The turrets have very positive clicks and turn smoothly. Because of their larger size it is easy to turn them to just the right mark as well. I currently have it on my new to me, RTI Prophet Performance and will expand on my review as I take it out to do a bit of long range shooting at my local permission, as well as do a proper review on the gun itself. If everything works out right, this will be the gun and maybe the scope that will compete at EBR '22 with me. 

To be continued......

The scope is excellent. My only issue was not having a closer parallax.

This scope with a 15 yards parallax will be very hard to beat.... 

I'm waiting on Gen3 to see if they come with it

I hear ya. However, and like I said, I’m no expert, I was listening to Cyclop’s Videos on Atlas Airgun Podcast a couple days ago and he was addressing this same thing. Basically said that there are compromises made when you want it all, specifically talking about a close paralax, you give up something always. 

Good review. I just got a 4-16x50 MIL version for a .22lr and really enjoy it. I haven't got a ton of time behind it but they are beasts. Seem incredibly robust. I got there "kit" when I ordered mine for free and got the low rings. On the rail I mean there's maybe a dimes thickness if that of space between the bottom of the scope and the top of the rail. Very little room to twist the scope to level but just enough for what I needed. 

Confused on not having the elevation on the scope though. They have around 30MILs of travel. Do Prophets have MOA built into the rail? The scope should have had enough elevation without needing to have adjustable rings.