FX Arrow Gun Research Courtesy of American Airgunner

Interesting video with good data on arrows and arrow systems used with FX arrow airguns (and others). This is an informative video that explains elements of arrow gun hunting. There is specific focus on the types of arrowheads used. @Nomadic Pirate 66 should've been invited to speak on this topic as an advocate of cut-on-contact broadheads for use in arrow slingers.

Is there a way to retrofit a traditional airgun to use arrows?
@anynameyouwish Not that I know of, but some big-bore PCPs can shoot air bolts (a type of arrow) as well. If you’re interested in slinging arrows, I suggest looking into guns designed to do so. Another alternative is to look into air guns that others have had success in shooting air bolts from.

Take a look at the thread linked below as an example of what I mean

@bf1956 I’m mostly seeing conversions from pneumatic pumpers to arrow guns like this

Do you have anything in particular in mind for a PCP conversion that won’t completely or permanently alter the rifle?
No, just hanging out and thought I would throw it out there for some that are unaware. Thanks for the above vid. I do realize OP's original intent.

@bd1956 Ok. Thanks. I was curious about it before and hadn’t seen anything other than FX styled kit that requires a barrel change. I thought the man in the video was Iraqi Vet8888, bumecause they did a video together hunting with arrow guns. Here’s the video.

FX made 100 limited edition Iraqi Vet 8888 FX Crowns (branded “IV8888” on the wood stock) with a .30 barrel, an arrow barrel, and 4 arrows. I don’t like the idea of having to change barrels to shoot different projectiles for hunting purposes. Interesting concept.

Edited 06/21/24 for content accuracy. I’d confused two different YouTubers. Both are in the above linked video together using arrow guns.

Last edited: