Snowpeak Artemis Owners Thread

hello, hope all is well… soo i was shooting my m16a and upon cocking the side lever i noticed it didnt click when all the way back as normal. i continued to pull it back to try and get it to cock but it wont. im thinking something with the hammer spring? can anyone point me in the right direction to fix it? as i cant find anything online at the moment.

thanks for your time!

jeremy
I would check the trigger adjustment as was said in a previous post. These are pretty simple guns. If it needs more, Brian at Veradium is a wizard with these.

Just saw the post all sorry for the late reply. I have my trigger on the rifle set as a target trigger, not a hunting trigger, so it's set to cycle at about 15 ounces. The screw didn't have any type of loctite or anything to keep it from moving over hundreds of shots or so. It will stop cycling every now and then so I have to add tension to the trigger screw which just usually takes a half or full turn to allow it to re engage the trigger sear. Hope this helps and gets you back to shooting quickly!

Reactions: minusprevious
thank you.. ill start there
so i notice the silver piece looks all the way in hammer spring adjuster? is that how it should be coming from factory with no tune? also this pin fell out when removing the stock, not sure where it goes just yet

image.jpg

image.jpg

just noticed this too looks like spring is out of place?

View attachment 484431
The piece we see behind the trigger? She's going to need service if your not comfortable with working on it. Snowpeak is notorious with putting in pins that just are not tight enough to stay in place and just work their way out with every shot cycle. I think Rich at Airgun Revisions fixes them by cutting hardened drill bits and replacing them so they don't wiggle out like the original Snowpeak factory guns. I've got a Stoeger XM1 Ranger 22 made by Snowpeak and though a tack driver the pin by the breach backs out every five clips or so and I have to keep pushing it back in and it requires more than a finger press to move back in place as it's tighter from the factory.

Reactions: triggerGenetics
Try loosening the hammer spring. It may have tightened over time. Check to make sure no trigger adjustment screws have moved either and not allowing the sear to reset.
It does look like it's screwed in to it's max. Need to adjust it with a chronograph to get velocity down to 885 or so and leave it there. Then adjust the trigger spring afterwards.

Reactions: triggerGenetics
The piece we see behind the trigger? She's going to need service if your not comfortable with working on it. Snowpeak is notorious with putting in pins that just are not tight enough to stay in place and just work their way out with every shot cycle. I think Rich at Airgun Revisions fixes them by cutting hardened drill bits and replacing them so they don't wiggle out like the original Snowpeak factory guns. I've got a Stoeger XM1 Ranger 22 made by Snowpeak and though a tack driver the pin by the breach backs out every five clips or so and I have to keep pushing it back in and it requires more than a finger press to move back in place as it's tighter from the factory.
do you have a link to the pins?

Reactions: Dogowsky
actually just fixed it. i believe the sear spring became dislodged after putting it back she shoots! thank you all for the help! stay blessed and stay shooting!
Just happy you're back in business man. Shot about 150 rounds out of mine today in 95 degree heat and she didn't disappoint. It never gets old shooting bullseye's!

Just happy you're back in business man. Shot about 150 rounds out of mine today in 95 degree heat and she didn't disappoint. It never gets old shooting bullseye's!
i was out there too… i only lasted about 3 mags then i took it in

Reactions: Dogowsky
Simplest way to avoid pins falling out is to put a piece of tape over them on the action. The pin above the trigger is the one that typically falls out on mine. Gaffers tape doesn't leave a residue but packing tape is thinner and you can still see the pin.

All my P35s (I have 3) needed the hammer spring adjusted when I got them. You need a chronograph but the inexpensive (~$20) Chinese ones work well.

Simplest way to avoid pins falling out is to put a piece of tape over them on the action. The pin above the trigger is the one that typically falls out on mine. Gaffers tape doesn't leave a residue but packing tape is thinner and you can still see the pin.

All my P35s (I have 3) needed the hammer spring adjusted when I got them. You need a chronograph but the inexpensive (~$20) Chinese ones work well.
ill do that if she breaks again..i have a chrony just need to get around to learning how to tune her. thanks for the tip!!

Great tip on the tape. I forgot to mention in my post that I use small pieces of 3M electrical tape as it's black and blends in with the gun. Anything is good though to keep the pins from slowly coming out. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol to get any oil off that will keep the tape from sticking to the rifle and go for it!