Artemis pp 700 sa silencer

Nickolas,

I like silencers that look sophisticated rather than plain — so that includes the following brands: DonnyFL, 0dB, Hugget, Ramus, and the new (2020) Weihrauch XL line.

They usually make you pay for the looks, not just the quality materials and design. 😄

🔶 If silencing is all you want, there are cheaper options. 👍🏼

🔶 And it depends how much silencing you want/ need.

I have a .22 that's set to 14.5FPE and for some of my shooting scenarios I prefer "mouse-fart quiet" — which of course is quieter than just "plain quiet"! 😄 (Of couse, no-one has ever defined how much mouse-fart quiet is really less loud than plain quiet....)

So, at that power/ caliber, I use a DonnyFL Sumo, and I do get to compete with the mice.... 

But it's a pretty big can hanging off the pistol — and I do not shoot it one-handed as pistol, but rested on a bag, or when shooting off-handed I rest the Sumo in the crease of the ellbow joint.

I am pretty certain that a PP700 with 25FPE is a rare case of extensive tuning. In .22cal it would be waaaaaay too loud for my scenarios, even if I used an even bigger silencers (because the barrel is so short).

🔶 I'll attach a Silencer Specs Table (and a separate doc with photos of the silencers). You'll get to compare the specs for 56 silencers from 14 manufacturers.

The Table also contains comparison tests of silencing potential at different power levels.

Happy silencer shopping! 😊

Matthias

❌ Silencer Specs Table
download.png
View attachment SILENCER Specs Table. 027. 2021-02.1617247184.pdf

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Photos. 027. 2021-02.1617247234.pdf

Nickolas,

I like silencers that look sophisticated rather than plain — so that includes the following brands: DonnyFL, 0dB, Hugget, Ramus, and the new (2020) Weihrauch XL line.

They usually make you pay for the looks, not just the quality materials and design.
1f604.svg

1f536.svg
If silencing is all you want, there are cheaper options.
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

1f536.svg
And it depends how much silencing you want/ need.

I have a .22 that's set to 14.5FPE and for some of my shooting scenarios I prefer "mouse-fart quiet" — which of course is quieter than just "plain quiet"!
1f604.svg
(Of couse, no-one has ever defined how much mouse-fart quiet is really less loud than plain quiet....)

So, at that power/ caliber, I use a DonnyFL Sumo, and I do get to compete with the mice.... 

But it's a pretty big can hanging off the pistol — and I do not shoot it one-handed as pistol, but rested on a bag, or when shooting off-handed I rest the Sumo in the crease of the ellbow joint.

I am pretty certain that a PP700 with 25FPE is a rare case of extensive tuning. In .22cal it would be waaaaaay too loud for my scenarios, even if I used an even bigger silencers (because the barrel is so short).

1f536.svg
I'll attach a Silencer Specs Table (and a separate doc with photos of the silencers). You'll get to compare the specs for 56 silencers from 14 manufacturers.

The Table also contains comparison tests of silencing potential at different power levels.

Happy silencer shopping!
1f60a.svg

Matthias

274c.svg
Silencer Specs Table
download.png
View attachment SILENCER Specs Table. 027. 2021-02.1617247184.pdf

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Photos. 027. 2021-02.1617247234.pdf

Thank you for the info

I have a Donnyfl Sumo on my Taipan 22 and is very quite.

How ever I would prefer to be able to use the iron sights with the can on. I would rather shoot off hand not rested on anything.

I think Geo @ airgununiverse.net is out of pocket for a while. I've been trying to reach him for a couple of days and no response. If anyone has contact with him, please let me know. I need several of his moderators, and have a small pistol related printing project, but don't know anyone else to ask. Please send me any recommendations on members who have printers. 

I just installed a DonnyFL KOI because of its smaller diameter and it is very quiet.

can you still use the open sights with it ?

You cannot use the open sights with or without any silencer. The rear sight is not adjustable in elevation and the sight line is exactly parallel to the barrel, so you are always going to be low. I think I told you that the original open sights are useless and any moderator will neither help nor hurt this issue.

I just installed a DonnyFL KOI because of its smaller diameter and it is very quiet.

can you still use the open sights with it ?

You cannot use the open sights with or without any silencer. The rear sight is not adjustable in elevation and the sight line is exactly parallel to the barrel, so you are always going to be low. I think I told you that the original open sights are useless and any moderator will neither help nor hurt this issue.

Simple fix even if that is the case-remove a bit from the top of the front sight. Instant elevation increase. I long ago fitted an adjustable rear sight and made a replacement taller front sight to work with that taller rear sight for my pp700 and that setup does work with the airgununiverse unit. I believe it would work with the smaller diameter DonnyFL units. With the stock sights, neither unit would probably work well or would be barely able to see over LDC.

I don't have a way to post pictures at this time. Right at this moment I can't even remember exactly where I got it (it's been on for several years now) but I did have to hand fit it with extensive work so it isn't for everyone. I ended up cutting a new larger dovetail in the rail just in front of the stock dovetail to fit the wider sight. I don't think there is one available that "fits" without work. This setup functions very well for me but I am very much a function over form type. I'll see if I can find the sight online again and will post if I find it. 

Found it-this is the unit I have on my pp700. As you can probably see, the dovetail base of this sight is quite a lot wider than the stock rear dovetail thus the need to fit it by hand. I'm sure a good gunsmith could cut a very precise dovetail of the proper size for you but I did it by hand. Note that it has 2 screws in the base to secure the sight in the dovetail so it can be solid even if the dovetail is a bit "off"😁.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pistol-Sight-Adjustable-Jericho/dp/B06Y1W536Q

Reactions: Pale_Rider
That is COOL man. I’ll give it a try with the dremel and some files, if I ef it up I still have the scope lol. Thanks for the info

That was my approach as well. I use that sight under a scope with see through mounts-opens for close range and scope for further out. I placed the new dovetail in front of the factory one so that the existing factory one could still be used but the length of the sight places it back over the factory dovetail anyway when placed. Measure carefully, start small, and gradually increase size until it fits in. A slight tap fit is good but the 2 screws will hold the sight in place even if it isn't a snug fit. Hope it works well for you.