Artemis PP700S-A .22 diet and sight options

I like my Burris FastFire and Vortex reflex sights. The only ammo you need for that 700 is JSB 14.3 and/or 15.9 grain (or rebranded equivalents). Yes, I did write the book on the subjects; (five).

The book pictured below has a chapter on a .22 (MRodAir branded) PP 700, and another chapter titled Air Pistol Sights, Insights and Incites. As excerpted from the PP 700 chapter, "Five consecutive five-shot groups at 35 yards with 16 grain AA averaged .70” c-t-c." BTW 16 grain AA pellets are JSBs.

Those aiming dots shot at 35 yards are the size of dimes and quarters-

AMP 35 groups.JPG

AAP new cover small.jpg

Available on Amazon, but ONLY by searching for 'Awesome Air Pistols!' in the BOOK section.

Last edited:
Just add an 11mm rail to Picatinny adapter.
Just bought one for another gun.

The one shown on my PP700 is an older Sig Sauer sight.
Take a look at Holosun, Swampfox (new brand), Vortex.
Unfortunately, most of the time, you get what you pay for here. After buying MANY...different reflex sights, I've become partial to the Holosun brand. You get a lot for a fair price. Although, they do have more expensive sights, their more inexpensive sights work well also.
The Holosun, was the first to offer solar cells to the top of their sights. This allows the sight to continue to be used if the battery fails, (as long as there is ambient light). 50,000 hr's. of use is what, about 5 years I think. Plus they are also the first to design the "shake-awake" system. Where you just leave the sight turned on, it shuts off after a period of time, then turns on as soon as you pick up the gun again.

BEWARE...if you have an "astigmatism" (oddly shaped eyeballs) as most do to some extent, the dot "may" not appear to be exactly round. You can do a couple of things.
1. Ignore the fact that the "reflex" sight dot isn't a perfect circle and look at the "target" as you are supposed to !
2. Buy a "holographic" sight. More expensive, and a little difficult to get used to, but the dot is...round !
3. Probably your best bet, it to look into the "prism" sights (or scopes). These will provide a VERY good sight picture. But, their problem (sorta) is that your eye needs to be close to the first lens, and you MUST adjust the lens to your eye.

As you can see, all have their good points, and ALL have their problems, or...situations.
I have all three types and can work around any of their "situations", mainly because...I've learned that NOTHING is perfect, all have their situations, and it's up to the user to deal with it.

1678573364686.jpeg

Mike

"You can also polish the sears off the trigger for smoother operations."

I assume you meant to state You can also polish the sears OF the trigger for smoother operations. The mis-spelling could get an utter newbie (to trigger-smithing) in a lot of trouble.

BTW, your shortened 700 is very cool.(y)
Indeed you are correct. English is not my native language.

Thanks for the compliment!

Adding a picatinny rail adapter to a 11 mm rail raises an already too high sight. It is not necessary. Buy a sight that uses an 11 mm rail to keep the sight line as close as possible to the barrel line. I also use the JSB 15.89 gr pellet. I also mounted a laser to the left side of the shroud for targets less than 15 ft because of the high sight line. I tried many different sights and nothing is better than a good reflex sight.

On edit, I also fitted a DannyFL Koi Mod. It works well and because of the small diameter, it does not interfere with the laser.

Last edited:
There are hundreds of different reflex sights that are available. I bought mine from AliExpress and it was really cheap. it is compatible to both 11 mm and 20 mm rails. It has both red and green dots in 5 levels of intensity. Also from AliExpress are the lasers. You may note there is milled dovetail on the left side of the PP700SA's shroud. I bought AliExpress's cheap laser and milled off the rail mount modifying that aluminum block to match that dovetail. This allows the beam to exist about 1/2" left of the barrel centerline. The beam was then adjusted dead parallel to the barrel. This is very useful for fast and close shots without using holdunder caused by the high sightline of the reflex sight.There is a thread where I explained this in the archives. Since you are new to the PP700SA, I also use a 22 cal pellet tube that holds 19 pellets to load pellets in the breech. It works well and is quick.

On edit, a common cause of leak on this gun is item 34. It is advertised as a 5mm x 1.5mm 70 Duro O ring. It fits too loose and leaks. Use a 5mm x 2.0mm O ring or a 4.5mm x 2.0mm and the problem is resolved.

On 2nd edit, item 34 is used at both ends of the reservoir. I meant the one on the breech end. The one on the gauge end is used as a check valve for filling. I also had a problem with that one, but for a different reason. In that case, the anodizing flaked at the edge of that screw hole killing the O ring. I had to use a countersink to lightly bevel that hole. Then I used a 5mm x 2mm 90 Duro O ring.

Last edited: