Artemis PP700SA Trigger

Hello folks, here’s my first post. Got my Artemis PP700SA the other day from Krale. Great shop and service.

Anyway am loving this PCP business and what this “pistol” can do. My question is the trigger seems incredibly light. I load a .22 pellet, aim, pull back the cock thing and the trigger is so light a wasp’s fart would set if off. Seems a bit dangerous. Sometimes it feels like I’ve cocked it and it goes off before I’ve even reached for the trigger, not 100% sure on that as can happen so fast.

Anyone have any ideas, what to expect and how to adjust, I know there’s a trigger adjustment screw but after playing with it a bit either way the trigger is still super light. 

Am used to co2 guns which need a good old pull to get them to fire. This Artemis PP700SA is so so light to fire. Thank you. 

1556379170_8125285425cc476220386b1.69067347_144B6359-DC1A-47AF-8C7A-4724A4C1B1C0.jpeg

It's been a long time since I had the pp700 apart to work the trigger but too light was definitely not an issue with mine. The above video is excellent in that it shows the layout of the trigger/sear pieces well. As I recall there is no "screw" adjustment for trigger weight. Seems there is a return spring for the trigger blade and then the spring under the sear. If you are having the hammer fall without touching the trigger then I would definitely try a heavier spring under the sear. A good inspection of the sear and hammer engagement points might also uncover some casting flash or debris present that is preventing good engagement on cocking. Those parts are not particularly smooth pieces in stock form.