N/A At it again. 357 build

I dont know if any of you remember my thread on building the ridiculously powered 50 caliber air rifle but I wanted to try my hand at a pistol and decided on .357 caliber. I started with a Green Mountain barrel blank and machined the breech into it, made a pellet probe, and a proprietary valve that I've been working on. I can't go into the valve until I get it patent pending but it works phenomenal. The tube is stainless and I only cheated by using the Crosman grip assembly. Hammer, cocking knob and all of that I also made. It gets 2 shots thanks to an orifice that I added in the pressure tube but its not regulated. I didn't have any proper airgun ammo or pellets so I pulled some 148 grain bullets from some 38 special that I have an over abundance of. It will launch those at 798fps. I bought 81 grain JSB match pellets that it'll launch at nearly 1100fps. The second shot is about 75% that of the first. I wanted to outdo Cothran and Quackenbush and believe that I succeeded! The fill pressure is also 3000psi. No manometer so I use the gauge on my pumps. It's very accurate too.

20230918_185830.jpg

20230806_142245.jpg

20230806_142239.jpg

I'm pretty much unphased by the pressures of PCP airguns, although I do have respect for the potential for their danger but I work daily on firearms that exceed pressures of 50 to 60k psi. I do make sure that anything I build is done so properly and that the parts are rated to take the pressures.

Also, I use 3 chronographs because I've had many people question my numbers when I built my 50 caliber. I use a RCBS shoot through, a magnetospeed (which has been a pain to mount on this) and a cheap Amazon chronograph that has actually been incredibly accurate.

Reactions: Jaxjax