Ataman, AP 16 owners, question

The adapter is from Eagle Vision. They come in two lengths (or they did !)

You can buy the short version from Air Guns of Arizona. I went to the UK to get the long version.

By the "mod", I assume that you mean the suppressor (or moderator) ? As can be seen if you read this post from the top, several of us are using the Huma mod 30.

Mike

Reactions: Hornclayton
The AP16 should suit you well.

Mike

P.s. - One thing...the grip angle. If you like a steep angle grip, you'll like the Crossman better. If you like a slightly more vertical, the Ataman will feel better. I've never cared for the steep angle of the Crossman, as also used in an Ruger, .22 pistols. Also the Glock line of weapons. But the Government 1911, .45 grip angle feels much more natural to me, so this is why I much prefer the more vertical grip of the Ataman AP16.

If you go looking into YouTube... You may find this - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCcHCLdJKw8

According to this video (about 1:30 sec. in) he states that the gun puts out 12 to 17ft/lbs. So...what that tells me, is that if you stick to lighter weight pellets, you should be pretty close to your 12ft/lb desire

As far as adjustability, don't know, haven't looked into it.

Mike

P.s. - Also, the Pyramydair site says 14.75 ft/lbs. for the .22 . So again, shoot light pellets, should get you right there.

P.s. - Check this video. Watch the screen at the bottom, pellet weight vs. f.t/lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcwniFJQ6c

I have the standard length. The only change was wooden target grips from P.A. I have a red dot scope on it. Yesterday I shot it at 24 yards and was amazed at the accuracy. I checked a few clips for fps The first few times my extreme spread was only 4 over 7 shots. The last clip I shot was only 2 fps over p7 shots. Amazing to say the least. I also love the trigger. I haven't touched it which is unusual for me. I love this pistol and plan on putting a scope on it just to see what it'll do at 50 yards and maybe even further. by the way the 18.13 jsb were at 626 fps. thanks and good luck to all. Happy shooting.

Would the AP16 standard be any good for Field Target?

Mike can the AP16 tuned down to 12ft/lb?

Yes, it can be adjusted with the hammer spring pressure down to a 12 ft/lbs competition ready pistol. The standard version is very accurate with a 9" barrel, well balanced, and a good trigger for what you want to do with it.

Would the AP16 standard be any good for Field Target?

Mike can the AP16 tuned down to 12ft/lb?

Yes, it can be adjusted with the hammer spring pressure down to a 12 ft/lbs competition ready pistol. The standard version is very accurate with a 9" barrel, well balanced, and a good trigger for what you want to do with it.

Already noted and videos provided to adjust as required !

Mike