Ataman Ataman AP16 Compact .177 Arrived

The supplied moderator wasn’t really up to much, its just too small, so had this 28mm x 110mm carbon one built along with an adaptor to fit the internal threads on the shroud 👍

IMG_2889.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

Reactions: dv8eod
Received the sight adapter (and some of their magnets) today.

Visually well done. And it's anodized aluminum...NOT plastic. But...the three hold down holes and counter sunk holes were off center of the guns threaded locations.
Luckily, the counter sunk pockets are large enough, to allow some ovaling of the main hole in the adapter to allow the screws to fit though to the guns receiver holes without further problems. The hole location for the cocking pin is well placed and snug. All good there.
Also, the pins for locating the sight are a little loose in the sight base (I know they are the correct diameter). But the countersunk screws provided, locates the sight straight and tight.

Overall, plenty usable for what it's designed for.
I like the sight placement over being on the barrel shroud also.

With the above comments, I would recommend this sight to anyone having an AP16 and would like the sight (weight) moved back over the hand.

Mount address -

Mike

P.s. - Don't forget a little oil here and there once the receiver top is off of the receiver block. Greatly helps the cocking effort.

Last edited:
Nice, I’ve never had a proper scope on a pistol before, so wanted to try something cheaper before committing to paying loads more for something more high end 👍
Thanks.
I did this kind of on a whim. This scope is actually a "Scout scope". Made to mount way out out on "Scout" style rifles. Just happens to have the same or VERY similar guts to a pistol scope. The rings, no idea why or where I bought them. Just happened to...have them in stock !
One BIG reason to...NOT...sell things immediately, when you aren't using it/them. It may come in handy later.
Kinda difficult to get used to, but I'm getting better with it.

Mike

Yeah, not much of a scope user, but the Burris is nice for an inexpensive scope.
The view (lenses) is clear, the recital lines are crisp and clean once adjusted. I guess that's about all that you can ask for, right ? And...it stands up to the pounding of a .22 PCP pistol !!!! Though I bought it to go on a .308 scout rifle.

Mike

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
The mighty Ruski Hand Cannon got a new scope, I spent ages looking for a Burris or Leupold, but nothing ever appeared, so gone for a UTG Accushot 2-7x32, unlike the cheapo scope this has a illuminated BDC reticle, so that should aid me in even long range shooting with it.

The really nice BKL mount is too long for the scope, so that will go up for sale, I’ve used the stock mounts and a UTG rail, but I will get lower mounts to help get the scope closer to the bore axis 👍

IMG_3528.jpeg