Athlon Cronus how close?

Here is the one I have mounted. I feel like it adjust closer than 25 yards, but take that for a grain of salt because I haven't done anything official. I use the gun for hunting mainly and not competition.

As far as the scope:

-great clear glass.
-stiff and audible turrets
-easy to set the zero set
-illuminated reticle with a variety of setting
-I love the size of the ffp reticle and the lay out. Mine is in mil dot
-comfortable eyebox for most of the magnification range. It gets tighter at the maximum range.
-fantastic magnification range
-good field of view

The down side is size and weight if you are hiking around with it attached to your gun.

16810943899093922196702927517891.jpg

I have a couple of them.

It'll barely focus at 10Y on 4.5x and the reticle is very small. There is some parallax error at that distance. Not enough to miss a fly though :D

I haven't tried distances between 10Y and 25Y to see exactly on what highest magnification it'll focus at whatever distance but something like this should be close??
20Y on 20x
15Y on 10x.

Any way you look at it this is not ideal.

If you anticipate shooting under 25Y more than occasionally I wouldn't recommend getting this scope even though its a great optic.

Reactions: Sanctify7
I have 2 and at 10X I can focus down to 15 yards….My favorite scope I have…Then it’s the Midas Tac.

Tony P
Hey ,Tony, at 4.5 would you be able to have a decent clarity pic at 10 yards? And how visivle would the reticle ve at that magnification? How about the illumination at 4.5? Visible outside on a bright sunny day?

Ok so here is what I did. At 10 yards in the bright sun you can see the IR on high (11) it has a faint red tint....You can easily see it is red compared to the black reticle, but it is not eotech or aimpoint bright like traditional red dots, but you can see it. You can also make out the center dot.

At 10 yards I can get up to 6 power clear, but after that it starts to get a little "foggy" not bad, but not crisp like at longer distances....

Tony P.

Reactions: Sanctify7 and 2L8
I've shot my Cronus G2 4.5-29 at 10Y a few times as a experiment. Both shooting at flies and also on 10 meter black bulls. It's far from ideal but can be done although its a bit annoying because I had to put the scope on 4.5x to be reasonably in focus and also the daylight bright illume was turned on to help see the center of the tiny reticle. Also the parallax problem is obvious so one must keep your eye centered in the eyebox. Yes I was able to hit what I wanted to easily.

Doubt I'll do it again though because I have plenty of other nice scopes that have 10Y parallax.

Now if you are talking 15Y or 20Y then things are getting MUCH closer to satisfactory and the magnification can be turned up slightly higher.

Reactions: Bosshoss and Air-G
I've shot my Cronus G2 4.5-29 at 10Y a few times as a experiment. Both shooting at flies and also on 10 meter black bulls. It's far from ideal but can be done although its a bit annoying because I had to put the scope on 4.5x to be reasonably in focus and also the daylight bright illume was turned on to help see the center of the tiny reticle. Also the parallax problem is obvious so one must keep your eye centered in the eyebox. Yes I was able to hit what I wanted to easily.

Doubt I'll do it again though because I have plenty of other nice scopes that have 10Y parallax.

Now if you are talking 15Y or 20Y then things are getting MUCH closer to satisfactory and the magnification can be turned up slightly higher.
Thank you that is the info I was looking for.

Reactions: steve123