• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Athlon Heras 4-20X50 for HFT or PFT

That's the scope I use on my Hunter class Pistol an Rifle. I've won a lot of matches with them. Not as snappy as the Athlon Heras 15-60x56 I use on my WFTF class USFT, or Heras 6-24x56 others like on their Hunter class Rifles, but the smaller 1" tube is easier to get as low as possible for less hold over and so less chance for ranging errors IMHO. Lighter and smaller also helps me with my offhand... that I need a lot of help with:) Larger scopes can become "top heavy" and harder to hold steady with IMHO.

Reactions: cavedweller
Has anyone tried the Athlon Heras 4-20X50 scope for HFT or specifically PFT? Please let me know your thoughts especially about how well it ranges. Thanks.
I tried

Athlon Optics 214502: Heras SPR 2-12X42 Riflescope Side Focus 1 Inch Sfp Aagr1 Mil and for me the reticle was too fine at 12X…: still searching for the right “pistol” scope.​

• Wow
Reactions: jps2486
I tried

Athlon Optics 214502: Heras SPR 2-12X42 Riflescope Side Focus 1 Inch Sfp Aagr1 Mil and for me the reticle was too fine at 12X…: still searching for the right “pistol” scope.​

I thought this would be a good choice since it’s SFP and the reticle size doesn’t change with magnification.

The Athlon Heras 4-20x50 is in stock in both MIL and MOA here:

The Athlon Heras 4-20x50 is in stock in both MIL and MOA here:
Yup, Picked up my recent HERAS 6-24x56 SPR from Wayne in Oregon

Reactions: SacramentoSam
Utah had them on sale over the Labor Day weekend for a price I couldn't resist. After looking it over and comparing it to a Sightron S-Tac 4-20, I find the Athlon Heras a darn good scope. Even though it has a 1 inch tube, it is incredibly bright and clear and the reticle is one I can live with. I prefer SFP scopes for FT and declare this one a winner.

Utah had them on sale over the Labor Day weekend for a price I couldn't resist. After looking it over and comparing it to a Sightron S-Tac 4-20, I find the Athlon Heras a darn good scope. Even though it has a 1 inch tube, it is incredibly bright and clear and the reticle is one I can live with. I prefer SFP scopes for FT and declare this one a winner.
@jps2486 when you get your FT ranging wheel setup, please take a picture of the number spread and post. Wondering how it will range from 10-35 yards. Very curious - the quest for the holy FT pistol scope is ongoing.
Your choice looks to have a fairly generous eye relief so i'm quite interested. wondering how the 1". tube does without illumination?

I recently started using a HAWKE Airmax 30 compact 6-24x50 at 12X on my HFT pistol. Ranges well, short @3" eye relief and therefor a more generous eye box. BISLEY eye hood slid on full forward making eye relief correct .. yea short !
So far it appears to be about ideal for this application of PFT (y)

j.jpg

Last edited: