• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Atomic XR alternatives?

dflo

Mar 6, 2024
I’m very tempted to buy a Brocock Atomic XR. Are there any alternatives that I should be considering for the same or preferably less money?

I watched some videos and this thread is great.
I also browsed this thread, but nothing jumped out to me more than the Atomic.

Mostly will be plinking and targets in the yard 15-50yds and occasional FT.
What I want:
Accurate, enough to try some field target with it, but I don’t need any better than the Atomic for my skill.
Compact, folding is great but doesn’t have to if it is reasonably short.
Sub 20 FPE, preferably in .22, or tune to sub 20 while maintaining accuracy.
Decent shot count on a fill.
Consistent shot to shot.
Removable magazine, the only thing I don’t like about the GK1.
Quiet enough for backyard with neighbors.
Would be awesome to have semi-automatic also, but that seems to be a different beast at a different price point.
Also looks like the Atomic is reasonably reliable and repairable, so that is a strong plus. Any bad experiences?

I’m very tempted to buy a Brocock Atomic XR. Are there any alternatives that I should be considering for the same or preferably less money?

What I want:
Accurate, enough to try some field target with it, but I don’t need any better than the Atomic for my skill.
Consistent shot to shot.
Would be awesome to have semi-automatic also, but that seems to be a different beast at a different price point.
Also looks like the Atomic is reasonably reliable and repairable, so that is a strong plus. Any bad experiences?
There are less expensive alternatives for your described useage… That said, many of those “less expensive” PCPs may require work and tweaking to perform as advertised. My Atomics have simply been super solid, right out the box… I also own a Pathfinder and Ghost XR. If I had to choose only one? The Atomic XR without a qualm…

What I want:
Consistent shot to shot.
Huben GK1, I've gotten 3.5 mags shooting 15.89 gr pellets at 815fps from a 350 bar fill to 110b and you can tune it in seconds. I'm currently running AEA 21.9gr pellets at 895fps and get almost 2 mags per fill. In .22 it's a 19rd mag

There’s no alternative. You will be disappointed. Speaking from experience. I’ve had them all including Rangers. Buy the Ranger
Ranger/Atomic… same platforms… proven, vetted, PCPs… Outsize arse kickers, both of mine have been stellar and are with me for the long haul… The kills on small pest birds from 15 to 40+ yards are simply irrefutable, but more importantly repeatable on demand. Light, agile and capable at reasonable ranges… Atomics go 💥💥💥 boom, boom, boom!

I was happy with what I had until I joined this forum? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I own the top of the line in springers and the build quality is unquestionable. No regrets!

My PCP's are all China built and are very accurate. If you're going to enter competitions, the whisker better accuracy will be to your advantage. Entering these matches is all about comradery and meeting new friends and sharing.

Your two threads you posted are all you really need to come to some conclusion or you may hum and hah for several days to come. Folks are passionate about their choices and for the most part use them daily and send thousands of rounds down barrel. If you got the means, then buy the best. If you're after fit and finish and admire the finer things in life, buy the best.

Enjoy the sport and good luck!

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Huben GK1, I've gotten 3.5 mags shooting 15.89 gr pellets at 815fps from a 350 bar fill to 110b and you can tune it in seconds. I'm currently running AEA 21.9gr pellets at 895fps and get almost 2 mags per fill. In .22 it's a 19rd mag
I have a GK1 already, in .25. It’s great. But it’s not really the right tool for FT, and I’m looking for something with removable magazine which is the only thing I don’t like on GK1.
I thought I was decided on a Leshiy 2, until I saw the Atomic. Atomic gives up the semi-auto, but is much less expensive and might be a little more accurate than the Leshiy 350mm, although the Leshiy is probably at least as good as I am. I’m not ready to splurge on the Leshiy so it makes the Atomic seem downright reasonable by comparison. Plus any of these will resell quite reasonably if I decide to change it up down the road.

I was happy with what I had until I joined this forum? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I own the top of the line in springers and the build quality is unquestionable. No regrets!

My PCP's are all China built and are very accurate. If you're going to enter competitions, the whisker better accuracy will be to your advantage. Entering these matches is all about comradery and meeting new friends and sharing.

Your two threads you posted are all you really need to come to some conclusion or you may hum and hah for several days to come. Folks are passionate about their choices and for the most part use them daily and send thousands of rounds down barrel. If you got the means, then buy the best. If you're after fit and finish and admire the finer things in life, buy the best.

Enjoy the sport and good luck!
My primary interest in FT is to hang out with some other air gunners and shoot somewhere new. There are a good handful within a reasonable distance for me to get to when my schedule aligns.
I’m actually interested in trying a decent springer also, but would be looking to keep the cost pretty low on that. Also in sub 20 fpe that could be used for indoor targets and maybe FT.

Well after careful consideration I think I may go a different direction. Atomic sounds great all around. But my goldilocks is the Leshiy 2. L2 is probably not ideal for FT, but will be perfect for all my other activities and I don't expect to be doing much FT or actually be competitive at it anyway. FT is more something to do occasionally when I have time and to get to mingle with some shooters. After some research, the Notos sounds pretty spectacular for the minimal price point and will probably suit me just fine until I'm ready to pony up for the Leshiy.

Well after careful consideration I think I may go a different direction. Atomic sounds great all around. But my goldilocks is the Leshiy 2. L2 is probably not ideal for FT, but will be perfect for all my other activities and I don't expect to be doing much FT or actually be competitive at it anyway. FT is more something to do occasionally when I have time and to get to mingle with some shooters. After some research, the Notos sounds pretty spectacular for the minimal price point and will probably suit me just fine until I'm ready to pony up for the Leshiy.
Like I mentioned many times, how much are ya going to use it? I'm a Master at my trade and friends always wanted to purchase the top of the line saws/drills for personal use etc. Now, they have "brand new" hardly used tools they can no longer purchase batteries because they're out of date....

I believe you made a very good choice, you can shoot the barrel off of 8 Notos that will add up to thousands upon thousands of rounds down barrel. That is years of shooting for the average airgunner.......

You were already in love with another PCP… The L2… 🙏 The Atomic wouldn’t have been a good choice for FT, its not what it was designed for. The Notos should serve you well, am looking forward to your impressions of it. You are wise to actually consider how you will “deploy” the PCPs you purchase. Its how I approach my air gunning… what’s practical becomes central, no fantasy scenarios, just actual useage in the everyday…

The not-an-Atomic is here. Probably just in time for some good sales over the holiday, but I will have some time to enjoy it rather than waiting. I think this will suit me just fine for a while. Looking forward to seeing how it does.
1000009476.jpg

The not-an-Atomic is here. Probably just in time for some good sales over the holiday, but I will have some time to enjoy it rather than waiting. I think this will suit me just fine for a while. Looking forward to seeing how it does.
View attachment 475423
Very nice, congratulations on your Notos, I see you have it nicely setup. Looking forward to your further impressions on it…🙏