Skout Attention Skout Epoch Owners-

I just ordered one. Although mine has not leaked yet Iv only used the valve 4 or 5 times . So at least Ill have It when I need It , shame Skout didn't figure this out when testing the Epoch .

You sir, are the tester!

I like Skout, but they sure seemed to rush their product to the market instead of letting shooters test them over a few competitions to work out these bugs.

-Matt

I just Installed the new air adapter for the Epoch but Its leaking where the bottle valve screws Into the adapter as you can see by the picture there Is a gap but the bottle Is tight and wont screw In any more . Am I missing something ?

fzfhgz.jpg

There is supposed to be a 2.5mm gap if I recall correctly, it is on the Skout website Manual PDF page..
Make sure you are opening that screw All the way open.
You may need open and close that valve screw a couple of timws..
Make sure you have plenty of bottle pressure as well.
The screw Is open all the way just took the bottle of the gun found out that Its leaking where the valve screws into the bottle and not from the gap . I'm wondering where the valve screws into the bottle If that o ring Is bad .

I tried calling Skout air guns a number of time to relay the problems Im having with the new air adapter but I only got voice mail , people have said how good their customer service Is which Is one of the reasons I bought the Epoch , well so far Im not Impressed I left messages on their voice mail as yet no reply why dont they have a phone # direct to their facility ?? the # listed goes straight to Darryl Trents voice mail . I payed a lot of $$$ for this gun I expected better customer service than this.

• Sad
Reactions: Stubbers
I tried calling Skout air guns a number of time to relay the problems Im having with the new air adapter but I only got voice mail , people have said how good their customer service Is which Is one of the reasons I bought the Epoch , well so far Im not Impressed I left messages on their voice mail as yet no reply why dont they have a phone # direct to their facility ?? the # listed goes straight to Darryl Trents voice mail . I payed a lot of $$$ for this gun I expected better customer service than this.

Probably busy currently with the PA cup, not handing out excuses just giving reasoning. They are a smaller operation, but for the premium they charge I would agree, they should have a dedicated CS team available nearly around the clock.

-Matt

The screw Is open all the way just took the bottle of the gun found out that Its leaking where the valve screws into the bottle and not from the gap . I'm wondering where the valve screws into the bottle If that o ring Is bad .
I agree on bad o ring..had a similar problem ..there should be a thicker black o ring on the end going into the bottle
The kit might have that o ring...the white ones are too thin
Also check if there is an oring at the top of the bottle along the rim

this week will be bad for contacting the service department like @Stubbers has said
They all went to Ohio for the PA Cup
you just caught them at a bad time..they'll be back on Monday to send you the piece

Reactions: Footloose
I agree on bad o ring..had a similar problem ..there should be a thicker black o ring on the end going into the bottle
The kit might have that o ring...the white ones are too thin
Also check if there is an oring at the top of the bottle along the rim

this week will be bad for contacting the service department like @Stubbers has said
They all went to Ohio for the PA Cup
you just caught them at a bad time..they'll be back on Monday to send you the piece
Yeah I get It they are having fun In the sun good for them , meanwhile people like me are stuck with a gun they cant use . I could Install the original air valve but that's not the point . I owed a car business for 25 years If I told my customers sorry Im of on vacation for a week so you will have to wait for your car until I get back Id be out of business In no time .. Sorry guys but this sort of thing really pisses me of .

Reactions: Stubbers
OK as a last resort I Installed a thicker O ring On the valve thanks to manabeknives observations . Luckily I have a lot of assorted O rings ,
the O rings supplied with the gun were all to thin . so now the gun Is holding air , thanks to you guys and your Input at the end of the day an easy fix . who needs customer service when you have forums like this . Although I think Skout needs to fix this O ring problem .

OK as a last resort I Installed a thicker O ring On the valve thanks to manabeknives observations . Luckily I have a lot of assorted O rings ,
the O rings supplied with the gun were all to thin . so now the gun Is holding air , thanks to you guys and your Input at the end of the day an easy fix . who needs customer service when you have forums like this . Although I think Skout needs to fix this O ring problem .
Glad i could help :)